Contract leader O'brien

10 Pt

My prediction is members will be more informed.
It will not matter because people are already making signs to vote no in 2018.
Tim Sylvesters face is in that picture.
If the leadership wants to win a yes vote they've got to win the steward's confidence.
Maybe a state wide steward's conference with top gun IBT leadership would help?
Fill out question forms prior to and address the ten top issues?

LeadBelly

Banned
I know that we have leverage. Our jobs can't be sent to China but if I never got another raise after this CBA is over I would be happy just to have more put toward my pension and lock in the retiree's monthly portion for 5 years.
The part time wage will be addressed as well or they're going to have to replace the entrance man doors with revolving ones.
I can definitely see the part-timers starting rate going up. With all the automation UPS is spending over $1 billion automating 35 hubs across the United States obviously there's going to be less workers and they are going to be able to pay those ones more money. This isn't a good thing at all though but an evolution. Less members, less part timers, and less dues.

10 Pt

The 97 strike was necessary.
There was literally no competition for our customers to turn to that even came close to getting even half of our volume delivered.

Today, it would be sealing the fate of the next generation in the realm of job loss.

These aren't opinions from a coward. I'll never cower down to the company. But when you gross $1700-$2000/week pus bennies it's hard to complain and yet 70% of your fellow co-workers won't bother to vote for their own futures.

LeadBelly

Banned
The 97 strike was necessary.
There was literally no competition for our customers to turn to that even came close to getting even half of our volume delivered.

Today, it would be sealing the fate of the next generation in the realm of job loss.

These aren't opinions from a coward. I'll never cower down to the company. But when you gross $1700-$2000/week pus bennies it's hard to complain and yet 70% of your fellow co-workers won't bother to vote for their own futures.

100% spot on

LeadBelly

Banned
Tim is voting no until they get more hockey pucks for the urinals
I doubt they have urinal deodorant blocks in their urinals. That would be something one could bring up at proposal meetings. I remember being at one once where a member asked about getting showers installed at all ups bathrooms. Hey you have to start somewhere I guess. To be honest I think it would be a good idea to have deodorant blocks in all ups urinals.

10 Pt

I doubt they have urinal deodorant blocks in their urinals. That would be something one could bring up at proposal meetings. I remember being at one once where a member asked about getting showers installed at all ups bathrooms. Hey you have to start somewhere I guess. To be honest I think it would be a good idea to have deodorant blocks in all ups urinals.
Good job for the safety committee. Urinal patrol.