Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DriverNerd

I have one and they are not that bad.

The original one on my truck was not bad at all (new Freightliner). Then the flashes quit working and they replaced the assembly. Then it was a pain. Eventually did get easier. Then my high beams wouldn't turn on. Replaced the assembly again. And yet again, hard to pull that damn lever out. It has gotten easier since then. Every time I drive an old P800/1000 I am always pulling way too hard on that lever because they're so much easier to pull.

I think it's definitely different between like vehicles, which is probably more a manufacturing issue, but still too difficult.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How are the "new" company people.... doing on that ??
Huh?

Do you mean management? I would say it just might turn out better than our brothers in central states pension.

Pensions are outdated and failing all over the country. Maybe we should try to keep up with the times.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Huh?

Do you mean management? I would say it just might turn out better than our brothers in central states pension.

Pensions are outdated and failing all over the country. Maybe we should try to keep up with the times.

In keeping with the topic of this thread....

What are your proposals ??

* I'm all ears *

-Bug-

10 Pt

And they still do it. Put cash behind it and it will stop.
We wrote the Dept of Health and Human services headquartered in Chicago and reported it. We didn't have that happen twice.
Filing grievances was a waste in our local.
The IBT offers that training. All your Local has to do, is ask.

Your Local officials are aware of that. Ask at the next monthly meeting.

Do you want to be involved.... ??

I'll stand with you, on safety.

-Bug-
Oh yeah we brought it up and the PO asked for a motion to shut me down because we were frustrated that all this money was sent to the OC and we haven't had (and they admitted it as well) stewards training for at least ten years and they admitted it hasn't happened since the 90s.
Yes sir, he said I was "politicing" and asked for a motion to shut me up.
He never did answer my request and there were stewards from other companies there that totally agreed with us.
That was last fall. No training to date.

I guess I shouldn't feel so bad, we had a 41 yr employee just retire, having had filed a payable seniority grievance in Oct of 2016 and it's never been to a local hearing because the BA/PO has not had hearings since last spring.
I have no doubt that steward's training is not going to happen in our local unless the PO is no longer there.
As anHOURover says...FACT.

barnyard

KTM rider
Switching over to defined contribution is one of those things that a voting membership would vote for in a heartbeat and the negotiators would never let us vote on it.

There are smart people at the union that know that it is coming and they have thought about it. They need to think harder and figure out what it will take to save the current pensions and transition over. Shareholders will be happier and I suspect that employees would be happier. When I look at the financials for Central States, I do not see how there will be pension money for me, when the time comes.

Switching over to defined contribution is one of those things that a voting membership would vote for in a heartbeat and the negotiators would never let us vote on it.

There are smart people at the union that know that it is coming and they have thought about it. They need to think harder and figure out what it will take to save the current pensions and transition over. Shareholders will be happier and I suspect that employees would be happier. When I look at the financials for Central States, I do not see how there will be pension money for me, when the time comes.
It's truly sad, especially with how much the company is putting in.

No 9.5. list..
First 8 hours is regular pay

The first hour of overtime is paid at time and a half.

The second hour is paid at double time.

Anything after that is triple time

No grievances, no other BS
You wanna cut routes and ignore safety...... Pay me. That's the only thing they understand.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
When I look at the financials for Central States, I do not see how there will be pension money for me, when the time comes.

Let me guess....

You were vested in Central States. (as a union member)

But, went into management ?

And now.... realize your mistake ?

Sound about right ?

Help me out.

-Bug-

km3

Also the elemination of bonus.

I'm sure you're talking about drivers, but that's something I have an issue with too. During peak, they were giving new hires $250/week just to show up every day, on time. Before peak it was $70, and bumped up to $150.

For almost half of last year, each of my paychecks could have been as much as $70 or $150 larger than they were for doing the same work, for being on time, for not calling in, than they actually were.

I don't wanna see this crap anymore. Trouble hiring people and getting them to stay? Raise the :censored2: starting rate.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have never been in management and I am not yet vested. I understand that under the current formula, UPS is responsible for my pension. I also understand that UPS has paid a large amount of money to buy themselves out of Central States and I also see that Central States is not going to be able to pay out their obligations over the long term.

There will be a point where UPS says, "Eff this, we are done with pensions, they are too expensive." and my bet is that that happens before it is my time to collect.

I'm sure you're talking about drivers, but that's something I have an issue with too. During peak, they were giving new hires $250/week just to show up every day, on time. Before peak it was $70, and bumped up to $150.

For almost half of last year, each of my paychecks could have been as much as $70 or $150 larger than they were for doing the same work, for being on time, for not calling in, than they actually were.

I don't wanna see this crap anymore. Trouble hiring people and getting them to stay? Raise the :censored2: starting rate.
I'm talking about drivers. Some area's have bonus. Basically if you get done before your planned time you get paid extra.. not a good way to grow jobs.

barnyard

KTM rider
I'm just saying UPS is doing its part by paying the money into the fund. The downfall of the fund is due to many other things.

and many of those things are completely out of our control. It takes a perfect world for a defined benefit pension system to be sustainable.

I understand that with a 401k that there are still many things that are out of my control, but they are far fewer than a defined benefit plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.