Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

barnyard

KTM rider
We are starting to see more shoulder injuries from end range, in cab motions. Start ordering push button autos (shifting and auto is an end range motion,) make the flashers a push button (could eliminate carpal tunnel issues) and change the location of the park brake (eliminating another end range motion.)

I would like to see the start of discussions to switch from a defined benefit pension to a defined contribution.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We are starting to see more shoulder injuries from end range, in cab motions. Start ordering push button autos (shifting and auto is an end range motion,) make the flashers a push button (could eliminate carpal tunnel issues) and change the location of the park brake (eliminating another end range motion.)

I would like to see the start of discussions to switch from a defined benefit pension to a defined contribution.
Our new p1000 are extremely hard to pull the flashers out on. We just got some new ones and one of the drivers was complaining about how bad his wrist hurt.

Brownslave688

I'm all for defined contribution but how do you switch over is the problem.

Plus no way the union goes for defined contribution.

barnyard

KTM rider
Some of the Ford P1000s had a short turn signal lever and a push button on the end of the stalk. Those were perfect.

edited to add.... or a push button on the dash. That is where it has been on all the cars I have since 2003.

barnyard

KTM rider
I'm all for defined contribution but how do you switch over is the problem.

Plus no way the union goes for defined contribution.

The conversation has to start at some point. That is all I want to see is that both sides are thinking about it. Defined benefit is not sustainable over the long term.

LeadBelly

Banned
Went out of business ?

Or, paid the withdraw liability ?

It's off topic.

Name names....

-Bug-
I do not know of to many as the costs are astronomical. So many freight companies went out of business and never paid their pension liabilities only to open up shop later down the road. All massive republicans.

Brownslave688

The conversation has to start at some point. That is all I want to see is that both sides are thinking about it. Defined benefit is not sustainable over the long term.
I totally agree but the unions hands will have to be forced before they give up control of that money.

10 Pt

See 10pt post. He answered it for me beautifully
I didn't think that you were going to respond to that question from a senior driver who should know better.
Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Since none of the FT stewards have ever been offered steward's training in our building that issue was one we had to learn on our own. Leaving personal opinions out of the representation issues, unless it's for the good of the hourly involved, is what we had to learn.

I'd like to see the union come up with our own safety committee criteria, on paper, and make it uniform throughout in the National language.
Too often (almost always) the company runs the show and all the UPS/Teamster Safety Committee members become passive puppets on stage. It's pitiful.

Whoever has the (redundant) program on paper too often runs the show.

We need our own agenda along with Art 18 language and get it on paper so that the company can adhere to fixing our safety issues every month.

Status
Not open for further replies.