Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

10 Pt

I have one and they are not that bad.
Again, you're in the minority.
Some of the automatic shifters push so hard the mechanic had to bolt an angle onto the dash and console because the console was about to fall off when you have to slam it into park position even after numerous lubes and replaced cables.

Many young drivers leave the ebrake tension loose because it tears at your shoulder and triceps to crank it tight enough to keep the truck from moving in first gear.

LeadBelly

Banned
I didn't think that you were going to respond to that question from a senior driver who should know better.
Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Since none of the FT stewards have ever been offered steward's training in our building that issue was one we had to learn on our own. Leaving personal opinions out of the representation issues, unless it's for the good of the hourly involved, is what we had to learn.

I'd like to see the union come up with our own safety committee criteria, on paper, and make it uniform throughout in the National language.
Too often (almost always) the company runs the show and all the UPS/Teamster Safety Committee members become passive puppets on stage. It's pitiful.

Whoever has the (redundant) program on paper too often runs the show.

We need our own agenda along with Art 18 language and get it on paper so that the company can adhere to fixing our safety issues every month.

ezmoney5150

Art. 32 NM. Origin, meet and destination language for subcontracting.

Art. 37 NM. Some sort of penalty for harrasment.

Art. 41 sec. 2 NM. Ft progression set up different to pay better in years 2-4.

Air combo 22.3 paid at ft inside rate all day.

Eliminate the 18 month requalification in article 3 section 5 CR.

Art. 38 NM solidify language of Feeder Drivers following the work.

Article 12 CR. On call Feeder driver, or pkg car driver stipend for baby sitting the phone and not put to work.

Art. 17 CR eliminate letter I. No brainer.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
None of the FT stewards have ever been offered steward's training in our building that issue was one we had to learn on our own.

The IBT offers that training. All your Local has to do, is ask.

Your Local officials are aware of that. Ask at the next monthly meeting.

Do you want to be involved.... ??

I'll stand with you, on safety.

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Again, you're in the minority.
Some of the automatic shifters push so hard the mechanic had to bolt an angle onto the dash and console because the console was about to fall off when you have to slam it into park position even after numerous lubes and replaced cables.

Many young drivers leave the ebrake tension loose because it tears at your shoulder and triceps to crank it tight enough to keep the truck from moving in first gear.

I was talking about the 4 ways.

DriverNerd

Keep 4 year progression for full timers but with better raises instead of huge jump 3rd to 4th year.
401K company match at least 2-3%
Tougher language on subcontractors
Better language on technology/discipline
Health insurance for part times reduced to st least 6 months for themselves and 1 year for dependants

I like these ideas. They are at least realistic. I don't see a pension around when I retire, so I would love a 401k match; but I don't see that happening as long as the pension exists.

I've never thought about the health insurance being separated for individual/family - that would give the employee better benefits, but save the company some money in insurance payments.

ezmoney5150

Art.18 NM. Supervisors should not be allowed to talk to your doctor about your injury when on the job. Penalty should be severe for the supervisor.

10 Pt

I was talking about the 4 ways.
Me too. And ebrake, handrails, shifter, mirror brackets, all end of range motion.
The pull out flasher mechs pull too hard.
If you have a metro route all those wear on you unless you have giraffe arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.