Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPS Preloader

Would like to add within the city proximity surepost stop within 1/4 of a mile gets kicked back to pkg... 1 mile out in the country...this will be one of the top things I will add to my contract suggestion mailing....we get some more of this volume back they can add cars and fill those routes in with overflow from everyone on the 9.5 list...

If the Surepost stop has to be driven by to get to another stop it should be a proximity stop. I see Surepost packages on the truck every day that will be driven by 1-3 times during the course of the day.

Bad Gas!

That language is already there.

Article 44 National Master
It may be their but your buddy on the next route is over diapatched like you and has no time to help. Meanwhile, in order to get any kind of rythem flow to your route, you need these big a $$ pkgs off your truck, so hence you back in a driver eway and dump em off...In the future, a misload, irregular pkg helper flex guy needs to be out there... I know. It won't happen..

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
It may be their but your buddy on the next route is over diapatched like you and has no time to help. Meanwhile, in order to get any kind of rythem flow to your route, you need these big a $$ pkgs off your truck, so hence you back in a driver eway and dump em off...In the future, a misload, irregular pkg helper flex guy needs to be out there... I know. It won't happen..
I humbly disagree. There is always time to help. And if you run out of time to help, who's fault is that? I'll tell you who's fault, it's the dispatchers fault.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

The language is there. But you have to grow a set and call them on it

Or keep being a sheep

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I only ask for help a few times a year. No way on Earth was I dragging that up 20 steps.

If I can safely do it I will but no way am I getting hurt for a package.
I never ask for help, I tell them that "I will require assistance".
In the process, I have sheeted many as missed for failure to send assistance.

Interesting part of the language is the repetitive use of the phrase "in good faith"?

Had a supervisor try to call me out on that, but in light of my 3 documented back injuries in the last 10 years, it makes it hard for them to question whether I am acting "in good faith".

Article 44 is a great tool to educate the Company in "good faith" in regards to their dispatching.

I never ask for help, I tell them that "I will require assistance".
In the process, I have sheeted many as missed for failure to send assistance.

Interesting part of the language is the repetitive use of the phrase "in good faith"?

Had a supervisor try to call me out on that, but in light of my 3 documented back injuries in the last 10 years makes it hard for them to question whether I am asking "in good faith".

Article 44 is a great tool to educate the Company in "good faith" in regards to their dispatching.
Honestly I ask two maybe 3 times a year. If I was being a Duck I could request help at least 10 times a day.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That language is already there.

Article 44 National Master

The language is there. But you have to grow a set and call them on it

Or keep being a sheep

It's been National language since 1997.

Remember when we went on strike for 1 day, when UPS arbitrarily changed

from 70 lbs to 150 lbs ? The language is easily enforceable.

I sheeted a treadmill as missed 3 days in a row. Now when I ask for help I get it.

There used to be a non-delivery option in the diad for over 70's

and oversized pkgs. Around here, the company doesn't refuse to send help.

What driver is willing to risk a career ending injury....

trying to drag an over 70 to a 3rd or 4th floor apartment ?

(who cares what Orion thinks)

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Classic management trick, pitting driver against driver.

The moment they know that they can leverage your professional life, against your personal life, they have you.

Article 44 and the "9.5 opt-in list" are great ways to flip the script on management.

Try it?

It's been National language since 1997.

Remember when we went on strike for 1 day, when UPS arbitrarily changed

from 70 lbs to 150 lbs ? The language is easily enforceable.

There used to be a non-delivery option in the diad for over 70's

and oversized pkgs. Around here, the company doesn't refuse to send help.

What driver is willing to risk a career ending injury....

trying to drag an over 70 to a 3rd or 4th floor apartment ?

(who cares what Orion thinks)

-Bug-
I DGAF what anyone thinks. If I can do it I will but they can kiss my ass if they think I'm going to blow my back out for a piece of furniture or an exercise machine.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The moment they know that they can leverage your professional life, against your personal life, they have you.

100%

Is the annual safety ride.... really about safety ?

Or, more of an investigatory fishing expedition ?

By the end of the day, most on-car supes know way too much personal info.

(some people can't help but talk)

Don't you think....

They use that knowledge, to leverage how much they can get away with ?

Food for thought. ;)

-Bug-

542thruNthru

100%

Is the annual safety ride.... really about safety ?

Or, more of an investigatory fishing expedition ?

By the end of the day, most on-car supes know way too much personal info.

(some people can't help but talk)

Don't you think....

They use that knowledge, to leverage how much they can get away with ?

Food for thought. ;)

-Bug-

This is so true!!

Status
Not open for further replies.