Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I don't think that is an 'east coast' enhanced benefit, just our local. Glad you like something our current local administration did to enhance our benefits.
I've had the enhanced for way longer than 3 years. I'm confused. Did you enchance it

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The mechanics in my local still get a turkey. It's in their contract slug

And, what article of their contract.... is that ?

"A cheap crappy turkey will be provided."

"Salmonella is free"

No thanks.

When their guts are falling out....

Does the company give a "free pass" on attendance ??

-Bug-

Sentenced

Trying to think outside of the box here. As the company moves to Saturday,Sunday deliveries, set up 4 day , 10 hour delivery/work day options. Like Article 41, 22.3 employees, centers have a certain limited number bids, routes that this could work. We know its coming so lets try to be proactive. Just throwing it out there.

Gear

Parts on Order
Our mechanic (we used to have two) is a really good one. He owns his own shop were he makes great money. He's probably here for the pension and the healthcare. He's over 50 yrs old and is close to retirement.
We're going to miss him.

Side work is where I make my money too. I just go from fleet shop to fleet shop, who ever needs a hand with bigger work. All cash money. Its hard to replace good mechs, hopefully they hire someone decent when he retires. They'll probably end up hiring some goofball who cant put air in a tire. I swear they hire these guys on purpose. Just so they "have to" send out work. Like the beginning phase of getting rid of mechs. Or atleast cutting the number of mechs down. Start hiring Journeymen at full rate and we can get some skilled mechs and preserve our job for future generations.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Trying to think outside of the box here. As the company moves to Saturday,Sunday deliveries, set up 4 day , 10 hour delivery/work day options. Like Article 41, 22.3 employees, centers have a certain limited number bids, routes that this could work. We know its coming so lets try to be proactive. Just throwing it out there.
Would you propose these hours be paid at straight time, or time and a half for hours in excess of 8?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Would you propose these hours be paid at straight time, or time and a half for hours in excess of 8?
Only way it would be beneficial is for the OT. I hate anything but the 5 days. In RI Hospital they changed all FT unit secretaries to 3 12 hour shifts. No OT after 8. And yes your calculations are correct, 4 hours missing. Horrible deal.

hyena

IMG_2771.GIF

Gimme Danger

I've had the enhanced for way longer than 3 years. I'm confused. Did you enchance it
Actually, the enhanced benefits did improve, and were made easier to be eligible for. All those old screenings gave some good information to whomever collected it, but they didn't give you a relationship with your doctor. Sometimes what seems easier, is actually what your family needs to be healthier. Preventative care and avoiding the ER, except in a real emergency.

43rdst_upser804

Let's see, what the "hive" at the BrownCafe has to say.

Be realistic.

Don't be stupid.

It's an honest question, and I would like honest answers.

I'll start:

1) Maintain H&W.... and improvements.

2) Maintain our pension.... and improvements

(including a cost of living increase for retirees)

3) Eliminate 17-I from the Central Region supplement

It's your turn.

Go.

-Bug-

Better raises for part timers to $3 a year instead of $.80 .

Status
Not open for further replies.