Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyena

It didn't dawn on me that this thread should be merged with Nothingless Fluff, part 2, until the meme-fest last night?

This thread was a welcome diversion for some, but has become convoluted and a bit of a circle jerk, in light of the many significant differences and overlapping language contained in regional, state, and local supplements.

Perhaps the OP, @BigUnionGuy could entertain us with some "contract proposals" of his own, to get the thread back on track????.....if it isn't already?

~Bbbl~™
I noticed the thread was getting derailed so I had to add my own chaos to it. Besides everyone loves the Kermit gif. And dont forget to blame @10 Pt he was encourageing me Lmao.Yes this has been a very useful thread though and I would like to know more of @BigUnionGuy s proposals as well.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Then that makes me even happier to be in local 710.

You're in a unique situation.

9.5 extended through thanksgiving.

This is the kind of useful proposal, I was hoping to see in this thread.

I noticed the thread was getting derailed so I had to add my own chaos to it. Besides everyone loves the Kermit gif. And dont forget to blame @10 Pt he was encourageing me Lmao.

It's only been a slight derail.

But, I have confidence we can get this back on track.

(besides.... "on topic" in the header, would look like.... whats his name ?)

Yes this has been a very useful thread though and I would like to know more of @BigUnionGuy s proposals as well.

Right now, I'm kind of taking everything in.

I have my wish list. (for the members and retirees)

But, we have ample time.

Lets get on it.

-Bug-

Inthegame

Wow, I've heard from Jeff ave sups that they walk all over 688s contract.
Now there's a great source of information on which to base your uninformed position.
Local 688 is one of the weakest locals in the U.S. I'm sure brown slave will agree.
That's a subjective opinion that is specious at its core. Unless one has been in, or involved with every local in the U.S., you have no empirical evidence to support that claim.
If your view was shared by members of L688, it's doubtful they would have continually re-elected their PO, who has also been awarded the position of Central Region Director.
Then that makes me even happier to be in local 710.
A sentiment shared by L688's leadership (among others). But your adoration for L710 reminds me of the idiom "those who live in glass houses..."

hyena

It may be a good idea to have some kind of language protecting jobs from drones and other advances in technology.Ive been reading a lot about it lately.

UPS Preloader

Does anyone find it obscure the the TU movement going forward is to VOTE NO on any UPS Contract? It's was stated on the big teleconference today. I find this act to be treasonous to our union. Oh and don't forget to donate! They are collecting already for the next election. Some people are just dumb.

I'm a member of the Vote NO Facebook page, but after the last contract I asked them to change the name. It doesn't look good to have a page that's labeled Vote No, before a proposal is even put forward.

UPS Preloader

Way too low. I am contributing 14% into my 401k. If UPS were to contribute the same into my 401k as they are towards my retirement, it would have to be somewhere in the 2:1 range.

My idea of a defined contribution would be a specific dollar amount per hour or 40 hours. To prevent people from taking the money and running, you would have vesting percentages for years of service. Employees could then further enrich their retirement accounts by contributing on top of the UPS contribution.

I'm ok with a 401k match for new hires and those that wish to switch, but it should be a dollar for dollar match up to the amount they put towards the pension.

Last edited:

hyena

It may be a good idea to have some kind of language protecting jobs from drones and other advances in technology.Ive been reading a lot about it lately.
I guess article 6 section 4 all ready addresses this..

Status
Not open for further replies.