Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Not sure if it was mentioned already but how about part-timers sixth punch for overtime during the months of November and December?

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
6th punch language for all year. If they go to saturday ground delivery nationwide(they will), the P/T need time and half if they come in on saturday. If they are tues. thru sat. , then 6th punch monday.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It didn't dawn on me that this thread should be merged with Nothingless Fluff, part 2, until the meme-fest last night?

This thread was a welcome diversion for some, but has become convoluted and a bit of a circle jerk, in light of the many significant differences and overlapping language contained in regional, state, and local supplements.

Perhaps the OP, @BigUnionGuy could entertain us with some "contract proposals" of his own, to get the thread back on track????.....if it isn't already?

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

km3

Here's a summary of what I'd like to see, just to help get this thread back on track:

1. Increase the starting pay for PT employees to $15.00/hr (unskilled). The raise schedule can remain the same, and maybe even reduced during progression, but the starting rate needs to go up.
  2. More article 22.3 positions. UPS can't seem to get people to stay here, in my location, as PTers. This is a problem experienced by every sort and shift. At one point they had to offer weekly bonuses just to get people to stay, and come in on time. There are plenty of people who would be willing to go full-time and fill in a need on another shift at the same time. If PTers are so hard to hire and keep these days, this should be the obvious solution.
  3. More specific language regarding breaks for inside employees. Being covered by the CRS, we get break after 1 hour, but the language doesn't specify that a break should be in the middle of the shift. As a result, a lot of supervisors won't allow people to take their breaks until their work is finished, and they're about to go home. To me, that isn't a break. That's a 10 minute time credit. I want the language to specify that breaks should be taken as close to the middle of the shift as possible, and a 1 hour penalty for waiting until an employee is already finished. The hour will be paid as though the employee kept working. So if he/she takes break and clocks out at 4.5, 0.5 straight time and 0.5 OT. If he/she clocks out after break at exactly 5.00, 1.00 of OT. Etc..
  4. A real penalty for harassment. The paper trail theory is great and all, but if an employee is genuinely being harassed, will he or she be around long enough to see a manager or supervisor disciplined for it? I have my doubts. The funny thing is that grievances for harassment and calling the hotline somehow result in more harassment. The system, as it exists right now, is totally broken.
  5. Eliminate 17-I from the CRS.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Maybe, you could reference Page 1 and the first post ?

What the members think.... interests me.

I could spend all day, on my wish list.

Whats your's ??

-Bug-
I have separate "wish lists" for the National Master, Central Region Supplement, my State Rider, and my Local Seniority Application.

~Bbbl~

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Here's a summary of what I'd like to see, just to help get this thread back on track:

1. Increase the starting pay for PT employees to $15.00/hr (unskilled). The raise schedule can remain the same, and maybe even reduced during progression, but the starting rate needs to go up.
  2. More article 22.3 positions. UPS can't seem to get people to stay here, in my location, as PTers. This is a problem experienced by every sort and shift. At one point they had to offer weekly bonuses just to get people to stay, and come in on time. There are plenty of people who would be willing to go full-time and fill in a need on another shift at the same time. If PTers are so hard to hire and keep these days, this should be the obvious solution.
  3. More specific language regarding breaks for inside employees. Being covered by the CRS, we get break after 1 hour, but the language doesn't specify that a break should be in the middle of the shift. As a result, a lot of supervisors won't allow people to take their breaks until their work is finished, and they're about to go home. To me, that isn't a break. That's a 10 minute time credit. I want the language to specify that breaks should be taken as close to the middle of the shift as possible, and a 1 hour penalty for waiting until an employee is already finished. The hour will be paid as though the employee kept working. So if he/she takes break and clocks out at 4.5, 0.5 straight time and 0.5 OT. If he/she clocks out after break at exactly 5.00, 1.00 of OT. Etc..
  4. A real penalty for harassment. The paper trail theory is great and all, but if an employee is genuinely being harassed, will he or she be around long enough to see a manager or supervisor disciplined for it? I have my doubts. The funny thing is that grievances for harassment and calling the hotline somehow result in more harassment. The system, as it exists right now, is totally broken.
  5. Eliminate 17-I from the CRS.
Now that was a well thought out, concise, and comprehensive synopsis of several issues that concern the bulk of our work force at UPS: the part time hub workers in my region.

Impressive presentation, easy on the eyes.
We'll done.

km3

Now that was a well thought out, concise, and comprehensive synopsis of several issues that concern the bulk of our work force at UPS: the part time hub workers in my region.

Impressive presentation, easy on the eyes.
We'll done.

Thanks. I was actually in a hurry to post it, so I can get to bed in a little while here. I was actually worried it wasn't clean enough.

babboo25

Banned
Mostly status quo. Raises that keep up with inflation ect.

On top of this though.

Do away with part time progression. If progression increases are less than general wage increases I don't see the point.

Get full time progression under control. Four years is a long time to wait but the bigger problem I have is the raises. The last raise should be no more than $5.

Finally 9.5. Simplicity would work best here. You opt out of the list not onto it. Also go back to any 3 out of 5.
So 688 is Mon-Fri on 9.5s? Wow, I've heard from Jeff ave sups that they walk all over 688s contract. You all need new representation.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Perhaps the OP, @BigUnionGuy could entertain us with some "contract proposals" of his own, to get the thread back on track????
Maybe, you could reference Page 1 and the first post ?
I did, again at your request, and was left with a question from these proposals.....
1) Maintain H&W.... and improvements.

2) Maintain our pension....and improvements.

.....how would you "maintain H&W and the pension" without maintaining the "improvements"?

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

10 Pt

It didn't dawn on me that this thread should be merged with Nothingless Fluff, part 2, until the meme-fest last night?

This thread was a welcome diversion for some, but has become convoluted and a bit of a circle jerk, in light of the many significant differences and overlapping language contained in regional, state, and local supplements.

Perhaps the OP, @BigUnionGuy could entertain us with some "contract proposals" of his own, to get the thread back on track????.....if it isn't already?

~Bbbl~™
Are you referencing the Kermit posts?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I did, again at you request, and was left with a question from these proposals.....

.....how would you "maintain H&W and the pension" without maintaining the "improvements"?

~Bbbl~™
I've got a way to take care of H&W pensions and 9.5.

OT goes like this hours 8-9 just like it is. Hours 9-10 add in pension monies or H&W monies. Take your pick. Anything over 10 add pension and H&W monies on top of OT rate.

This sends more money into our benefits but keeps OT whores from milking the clock under the automatic double or triple time suggestions.

10 Pt

~Bbbl~™
Looks like there was nothing going on last night (on topic) so @hyena must of been bored and I was tired. It filled the 2.74 hrs that no one was posting here whatsoever.
Thx @hyena , you got me in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.