Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inthegame

It's so hard to knock the sellouts out of office because every election here there is at least 3 slates running. So to keep it simple the whole local is still angry about what has been done here. I don't mean to bring others in to my locals issues but I can guarantee you this is the weakest leadership in the country.
How do the "sellouts" keep office if the whole local is angry?
The leadership still needs a plurality of votes in multi slate elections. Your issue should be with your members, not the folks they elect.
Apparently (like we didn't already know this) you're not much of a Pied Piper...

upschuck

Happy???
Not sure that's the operative word?

20 out of 1,800 UPSer's saw fit to attend a contract proposal meeting in my Local yesterday.

Sad FACT....but the truth.

~Bbbl~™
That could mean that there is a lot of apathy, or they are happy with the current contract as it stands.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Happy???
Not sure that's the operative word?

20 out of 1,800 UPSer's saw fit to attend a contract proposal meeting in my Local yesterday.

Sad FACT....but the truth.

~Bbbl~™
I get your point. How about accepting of status quo? And it is sad. Not much involvement anywhere. We live in a society that are too busy getting to the next level of candy crush than to participate in something that directly affects their livelihood. You can clearly tell who are the involved on this site.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That could mean that there is a lot of apathy, or they are happy with the current contract as it stands.
I'll go with apathy, with a side of self centered Me-sterness.

Interesting side note; the modern day initiative, by the newly elected Central Region VP's/scoundrels of the Teamsters United Slate, of having cards filled out at the gates or electronically via social media were very well received here.

How dare they buck the status quo.

~Bbbl~™

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I'll go with apathy, with a side of self centered Me-sterness.

Interesting side note; the modern day initiative, by the newly elected Central Region VP's/scoundrels of the Teamsters United Slate, of having cards filled out at the gates or electronically via social media were very well received here.

How dare they buck the status quo.

~Bbbl~™
Cards filled out? What are these cards for?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Cards filled out? What are these cards for?
contract_unity.jpg

The back is reserved for member comments.

upschuck

contract_unity.jpg

The back is reserved for member comments.
I like that, and think that is a good idea to do this were they can return it immediately, if these make it up to the people who negotiate. It is unreasonable, however, to think all the suggestions will be implemented into the contract.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Will the contract director consider them? Mind you, I've had a similar conversation with him about this.
I would hope so?

I give them more chance of consideration than those collect yesterday at the Union Hall yesterday.

Because after all, submissions from 20 should always be trumped by those of nearly 600?

Perhaps the IBT could learn something here?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I like that, and think that is a good idea to do this were they can return it immediately, if these make it up to the people who negotiate. It is unreasonable, however, to think all the suggestions will be implemented into the contract.
It's unreasonable to think half of the suggestions will make it into the final draft, but it's like buying a car.
Start on opposite ends of the spectrum....and meet in between.

The notion that Teamsters will take a Sunday afternoon to go to the Hall are over....and unnecessary.

It's time for this organization to graduate into the 21st century.

Status
Not open for further replies.