Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you now degrading families that are poor and didn't get the chance to be hired off of the street into a job like you did?

Knowing of the union presence in Philly I'd bet your IRA that none of the Philly union members would abandon their brothers on their union strike line like you did.

They would probably show up with bats and other weapons. No thanks.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
We get 3 weeks vacation after 5 years, but then it takes 10 years to get the 4th vacation week. Be nice if they fill that 10 year gap with another vacation week
1 year 1
2 year 2
5 year 3
15 year 4
20 year 5
25 year 6
Takes ten to get three weeks here. Keep what ya got....

MyTripisCut

A lot of supplements have a full time hire date at which point an employee can not be forced in on Saturdays. Ours is 2003. Saturday is here for good, no doubt, no complaints. Maybe make that date a Master contract and not a supplemental contract point. Then roll it so that after a certain amount of time, maybe 10 years, an employee couldn't be forced in on a Saturday. Give guys something to look forward to on the whole Saturday issue.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
A lot of supplements have a full time hire date at which point an employee can not be forced in on Saturdays. Ours is 2003. Saturday is here for good, no doubt, no complaints. Maybe make that date a Master contract and not a supplemental contract point. Then roll it so that after a certain amount of time, maybe 10 years, an employee couldn't be forced in on a Saturday. Give guys something to look forward to on the whole Saturday issue.

Good post.

The kind, I was hoping this thread would generate.

-Bug-

Indecisi0n

If you have 10 years in the chances of getting forced would be slim to none. I guess unless your in a very small center.

MyTripisCut

If you have 10 years in the chances of getting forced would be slim to none. I guess unless your in a very small center.
Don't forget about peak season. We had half the center working on Saturday's.

Almost 40 guys out of 80 or so.

clean hairy

Subcontracting:
During Holiday Peak, if any Feeder Driver is laid off, and produces proof of any Independent pulling a UPS trailer on the date of layoff (photo or video with timestamp shall be sufficient)
the affected driver will have the selection of 2 days wages OR 2 days off per violation whichever the affected employee wishes after Feb 1 of the next year.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Subcontracting:
During Holiday Peak, if any Feeder Driver is laid off, and produces proof of any Independent pulling a UPS trailer on the date of layoff (photo or video with timestamp shall be sufficient)
the affected driver will have the selection of 2 days wages OR 2 days off per violation whichever the affected employee wishes after Feb 1 of the next year.

That's a well thought out proposal.

The part "after Feb 1" shows complete, and reasonable fairness.

-Bug-

clean hairy

Subcontracting:
Left one part out.
Changing next to last line
the affected employee will have the selection of 2 days wages, OR 2 PAID days off per violation.
Add: the 2 days wages shall be paid on the employees next check. If affected employee selects 2 days off, they may be taken individually or together at employees option.

anHOURover

Sad day

Attachments

• IMG_2587.PNG
    IMG_2587.PNG
    3.1 MB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.