Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Tougher penalty pay for moving bid drivers off their route. This might be a center issue only. I don't know for sure. Also, language that allows for tues-sat drivers to have off an extra day after Monday holidays, not just an extra pay day.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
T

thisjobaintforeverybody

No, my mistake. We have no specific language on this issue in our supplement/local rider. The only language(national) that I know about, on this issue, is a driver can only be pulled off once a week correct?

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Ok, you might be the exception to the rule. Your missing my point in asking the question. Tell me why this next contract shouldn't have language that requires UPS to provide for ALL of our uniform. I know we have more important issues that need to be addressed buts its a friend:censored3: principle issue for me.

Inthegame

Do you know if the Members and Stewards, are documenting and filing on this ?

Is that at CACH, and during peak season ?

-Bug-
There's plenty of subcontracting going on at CACH during peak but those pictures are of crosstown RR moves. UPS drivers don't move trailers between RR's as they have been contracted and tendered to the RR's until final destination.
If those trailers are Chicago or nearby area loads, UPS drivers then recover them from the rail yards.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There's plenty of subcontracting going on at CACH during peak but those pictures are of crosstown RR moves. UPS drivers don't move trailers between RR's as they have been contracted and tendered to the RR's until final destination.
If those trailers are Chicago or nearby area loads, UPS drivers then recover them from the rail yards.
I watched and listened to the video, but didn't hear him say these trailers were being moved "between railroads"?

What I saw was obviously a UPS facility, not a railroad parking lot.

Are you saying that these "contractors", pulling "tendered RR loads" between railroads, were just stopping by this UPS facility to gas up and/or socialize?

Help me out, so I can understand???....what am I missing???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I posted a Facebook link but it was deleted.
If anyone wants to see how bad the subcontracting is go on the vote no page and watch the video in Chicago. It's sad
I watched it and yes something is totally friend up with that.... Would never happen in our yard on the west coast...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Why don't they get to pull them to the rail??? Seems totally stupid to pay a gypo to haul it to the rail!!!

Inthegame

I watched and listened to the video, but didn't hear him say these trailers were being moved "between railroads"?

What I saw was obviously a UPS facility, not a railroad parking lot.

Are you saying that these "contractors", pulling "tendered RR loads" between railroads, were just stopping by this UPS facility to gas up and/or socialize?

Help me out, so I can understand???....what am I missing???
I was referring to the "Crosstown" tractors in the posted picture. These guys are hired by the RR's to move trailers between RR's.
If a load is going from NY to Seattle, and the RR operating authority stops in Chicago the loads must be grounded and moved to another RR that has authority to move from Chi-Seattle.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I was referring to the "Crosstown" tractors in the posted picture. These guys are hired by the RR's to move trailers between RR's.
If a load is going from NY to Seattle, and the RR operating authority stops in Chicago the loads must be grounded and moved to another RR that has authority to move from Chi-Seattle.
That picture is from a video posted on Facebook at the CACH facility by a pissed off feeder driver.

Looks like this "Crosstown" outfit may be branching out.

BTW, that outfit was one of many "shiny wheel" tractors in that yard, that day.

Inthegame

That picture is from a video posted on Facebook at the CACH facility by a :censored2: off feeder driver.

Looks like this "Crosstown" outfit may be branching out.

BTW, that outfit was one of many "shiny wheel" tractors in that yard, that day.
I didn't watch the video. I also said there is plenty of subcontracting going on at CACH (and Louisville but that doesn't fit the narrative).
All shiny wheels are not subs as any customer has the right to zone skip and drop trailers.
If "Crosstown" drivers are bringing loads from RR's into CACH, that pissed off driver should be filing.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I didn't watch the video. I also said there is plenty of subcontracting going on at CACH (and Louisville but that doesn't fit the narrative).
All shiny wheels are not subs as any customer has the right to zone skip and drop trailers.
If "Crosstown" drivers are bringing loads from RR's into CACH, that :censored2: off driver should be filing.
What narrative are you referring to?
From what I'm reading, you are the only one going there so far.

anHOURover

Here a thought for everyone
We are all talking contract proposals here.
What good is a proposal if the current contract isn't even enforced?

I also would like to add that I am showing
Tons of self control on here. I've gotten the urge many times to log on and be the old anhourover. I'm happy to say that I let the urge pass and be a normal rule following forum member. I love you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.