Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

anHOURover

Art 22.3 job elimination will be the next concession in the next contract negotiations.
it already happens without the language!
i know tons of article 22.3's that were not reposted when someone retires or vacates the job. the weak local will say "that job was moved to louisville" ALL LIES THE LOCALS TELL FACT

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
i know tons of article 22.3's that were not reposted when someone retires or vacates the job. the weak local will say "that job was moved to louisville" ALL LIES THE LOCALS TELL FACT
It has been poorly regulated at best.

Aren't these jobs supposed to be assigned a #number???

Shouldn't we be able access this information as "members"?....

....without jumping through local hoops?

Blind faith, or transparency???
I choose the later.

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Art 22.3 job elimination will be the next concession in the next contract negotiations.

Really ?

They can't get part-time employees right now, because of the low starting wage.

The only incentive (for working at UPS) is more full-time jobs.

xlf6gw.jpg

Shouldn't we be able access this information as "members"?

Seriously ?

I can't disagree.

So, what's your Contract Proposal.... to address the issue ?

-Bug-

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Aren't these jobs supposed to be assigned a #number???

Shouldn't we be able access this information as "members"?....

....without jumping through local hoops?

Blind faith, or transparency???
I choose the later.

~Bbbl~™
There's a reason they keep moving these jobs around all over the place....I highly doubt we came close to the number of jobs that tgey had promised for inside workers... Or they said that new driving positions counted toward the total....contract proposal language.... Stop moving these jobs around....they go in they stay...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
There's a reason they keep moving these jobs around all over the place....I highly doubt we came close to the number of jobs that tgey had promised for inside workers... Or they said that new driving positions counted toward the total....contract proposal language.... Stop moving these jobs around....they go in they stay...

Oops...

TDU talks a lot of smack. :biggrin:

twoweeled

"Other serious offenses". Come on. Everything to them is a "serious offense". Get rid of that, get rid of a lot of bs discharges....
When I left, virtually all discharges were someway attached to dishonesty.
1. Cardinal sin. can't work while disputing.
2. Offer your job back (without back pay). Same BS move.

I don't see that changing. I do suspect the day is coming when they are not going to offer the job back, and try to make some examples. Then the super duper screwing of all super screwing will commence.
I hate to sound negative, but things have been on a downtrend for awhile. This snowball is huge now.
Soon will be hearing horrible rumors of losing this and that along with our first born child. So when they offer to let us keep our first born, we're tickled pink and accept the screwing again - and thank god for having a job. Happens every contract! Good luck, my brothers!

Last edited:

twoweeled

The language was modified, in the last contract.

I say.... eliminate it completely.

Innocent, until proven guilty.

-Bug-

Roughly, how was it modified? I faintly recall being able to continue working unless discharged for violating one of the Cardinal sins? What changed?

twoweeled

I'd like to see the union repect a members vote and not sink to the level it did last contract. Take that to the boston bully and ugly sweater
Are you saying; you want your vote to count? Your vote should mean something? Are you crazy or something?

twoweeled

@BigUnionGuy when you posted that "This section can't even be touched", are you suggesting that it is literally 'untouchable', or rather that we need to insure that it is never on the table?

I ask because I believe at some point UPS will make a concerted effort to get out of that guarantee.
The Company, for sure, never envisioned the enormous liability that they are facing after paying $6+billion in withdraw liability.

Seems to me, the blueprint to get this done was demonstrated in the last contract in regards to healthcare?

Will the rest of the country be willing to strike to protect our pensions, in the face of a signing bonus or some other incentive, to sell out those of us vested in Central States???

Will the IBT have the fortitude to keep it from being brought to the membership in a "last, best, and final offer"?

~Bbbl~™
I don't think anything is off the table. Nothing! I think it's more a matter of time. UPS's has always been great at planning for the future.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't think anything is off the table. Nothing! I think it's more a matter of time. UPS's has always been great at planning for the future.
UPS didn't plan on that $6.1 billion being lost in the stock market almost immediately by Central States, nor did they plan on inevitably having to make up the difference for thousands of defunct pensions due to the guarantee presently in our collective bargaining agreement.

It's for sure just a matter of time before the Company tries to have that guarantee removed.

Will the IBT be equal to the challenge of protecting that language....

....I won't be holding my breath or counting on it, but would love to be wrong.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Seriously ?
Couldn't be more serious.
A first year computer student could whip up a spread sheet that documented and displayed all job numbers and locations, past and present, for all 22.3 jobs.

In 2017 with the technology available, there is no good reason why more information isn't readily disseminated to the membership to help them enforce the contract.

If these agents and panels are going to trade horses and renegotiate plain English in contractual language, while setting precedence, they should display these decisions in a database that we can all access.

Seems to me, the powers that be prefer we be either apathetic, confused, or frustrated; rather than engaged and active.
I can't disagree.

Not sure that it is a contract issue, unless we want force the Company to maintain an up to date roster, instead of the IBT.

Not much of a choice there???
On one hand we have union who isn't willing to do the work or pay attention, or we can rely on a dishonest company to produce solid data.

What do you suggest???

~Bbbl~™

anHOURover

Really ?

They can't get part-time employees right now, because of the low starting wage.

The only incentive (for working at UPS) is more full-time jobs.

xlf6gw.jpg

Seriously ?

I can't disagree.

-Bug-
No im right bug.
Bubble already told you .
Every job is supposed to have a number and tracked. The union is already failing to keep the jobs we were awarded. They like to take the company friendly approach and agree with management on this topic and everything else. Here's another one
My local never replaced the porters when they retired. Instead they hired an outside agency to handle the positions. I can guarantee you some of the porters in my local are here illegally. Most don't know a work of English. More union jobs given away by locals.
FACT

twoweeled

UPS didn't plan on that $6.1 billion being lost in the stock market almost immediately by Central States, nor did they plan on inevitably having to make up the difference for thousands of defunct pensions due to the guarantee presently in our collective bargaining agreement.

It's for sure just a matter of time before the Company tries to have that guarantee removed.

Will the IBT be equal to the challenge of protecting that language....

....I won't be holding my breath or counting on it, but would love to be wrong.
I guess I was speaking more relative to the IBT. UPS isn't perfect at planning, but they're doing a lot better job the the IBT, in regards to it's members. IBT is planning pretty good regarding it's officers pension(s).
Will the IBT be up the the challenge? The IBT seems to have one main focus. Keeping the dues coming in. If push comes to shove. Everything is on the table.

By The Book

I guess I was speaking more relative to the IBT. UPS isn't perfect at planning, but they're doing a lot better job the the IBT, in regards to it's members. IBT is planning pretty good regarding it's officers pension(s).
Will the IBT be up the the challenge? The IBT seems to have one main focus. Keeping the dues coming in. If push comes to shove. Everything is on the table.
UPS has a smaller group to keep informed and on the same page with the same battle plan/strategy. The local unions have no desire to make things more transparent for the members because they would be more easily replaced then. If the members want change in the way the locals operate, I think you know what they need to do. At the end of the day these jobs at the local are jobs they will fight to not lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.