Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

averageguy14

I'm sure I have over looked or maybe it was in another thread. What about working on Saturdays? Do you see us working on a Saturday and if so, should it be time and half or double time?

35years

Gravy route
All new Saturday ground implementation rules should have a contingency stating that the rules will be re-negotiated during the upcoming contract talks.
Otherwise we are giving away a major bargaining chip for free.

Hadjabear

I don't see us ever working a Saturday.
They just posted bids for tues-sat in my building the other day. 5 full-time /5 part-time to full-time contingent no full-time signs and that's for 2 centers. Only 1 full-timer signed when it went down, the part-time is still up for a day and only 2 people have signed that.

Heard they will be forcing bottom 20 in each Center to tues-sat. Just over 100 drivers in each Center. Once Saturday delivery starts

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't see us ever working a Saturday.
They just posted bids for tues-sat in my building the other day. 5 full-time /5 part-time to full-time contingent no full-time signs and that's for 2 centers. Only 1 full-timer signed when it went down, the part-time is still up for a day and only 2 people have signed that.

Heard they will be forcing bottom 20 in each Center to tues-sat. Just over 100 drivers in each Center. Once Saturday delivery starts

He was referring to his center only.

iowa boy

We would lose most if not all of that volume as it would be cost prohibitive to send them LTL.

Im not advocating getting rid of the over 70's, but maybe some of these amazon, QVC, and whatever else junkies that order that 100# bookcase or dresser or recliner would stop and think before they click "place order" on one of the websites if they actually had to pay shipping costs.

I often wonder how much it actually costs Amazon to ship one of those bookcases and how many are returned due to damage from insufficient packing.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

I delivered two heavy ass treadmills to a customer on Tuesday and I :censored3: you not that when I went to the UPS store the next day there they were!

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

I love over 70's. I always call the center for a team lift. "Yeah, I have 2 left. Oh nobody is available, ok I'll wait. Let me know when. Thanks."

That is hilarious but so impractical in our dysfunctional center right now.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Let's see, what the "hive" at the BrownCafe has to say.

Be realistic.

Don't be stupid.

It's an honest question, and I would like honest answers.

I'll start:

1) Maintain H&W.... and improvements.

2) Maintain our pension.... and improvements

(including a cost of living increase for retirees)

3) Eliminate 17-I from the Central Region supplement

It's your turn.

Go.

-Bug-

What about raising the allotment allowed in each center for personal days by 1 day. So, 1-29 drivers in a center gets two instead of 1 etc.. As long as it doesn't affect service our center manager already allows more drivers off anyway. It's nothing big but it's something, especially for smaller centers.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Address the over 70's.
Since we have the freight division, anything over 70 lbs shall be sent UPS Freight.

Im not advocating getting rid of the over 70's, but maybe some of these amazon, QVC, and whatever else junkies that order that 100# bookcase or dresser or recliner would stop and think before they click "place order" on one of the websites if they actually had to pay shipping costs.

I often wonder how much it actually costs Amazon to ship one of those bookcases and how many are returned due to damage from insufficient packing.

There are more and more over 70 packages everyday. Probably resulting in more injuries over the long term, weather you handle them properly or not. (Use your handtruck young buck!!!!!!). I don't know what can be done, but I do agree it needs to be addressed.

JackOfClubs

PT Bureaucrat
Address the over 70's.
Since we have the freight division, anything over 70 lbs shall be sent UPS Freight.
All customers who ship an over-70 pay by being tarred and feathered.

In other proposals:

On top of the grievance process, if a supervisor is caught working (unless they are demonstrating or the list is exhausted), all union employees are allowed to say nothing except "DEY TERK ER JERBS!" to said supervisor for one week.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Well, I think we should be expanding potential holidays of the future. Since we will be delivering Saturday very soon if not currently, I'm guessing it will be a matter of time it will run into Sunday. So days like Easter, Palm Sundays and the likes should be addressed prior to the implementation.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Well, I think we should be expanding potential holidays of the future. Since we will be delivering Saturday very soon if not currently, I'm guessing it will be a matter of time it will run into Sunday. So days like Easter, Palm Sundays and the likes should be addressed prior to the implementation.
This kind of stuff needs to be hammered out now, or at least some basic starter language being "born"...and this should include drones and self driving trucks...this next contract is going to be very interesting... And should be very extensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.