Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Everything I "if'd" up was suggested in your previous posts.

As far as our "cash grab" theories, they are simply an attempt to figure out why so many concessions have been made in the previous contracts in other facets of the negotiated language.

Been my experience, that if you want to find the truth, follow the money.
How do you feel about focusing more on non economic things and less focus on raises??

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
IBT is planning pretty good regarding it's officers pension(s).
Another swing and a miss. Like most locals, our officers pensions are the same as the members. In some UPS locals in the Central, officers/agents pensions are worse.
You are the one who swung and missed....or you are just throwing spit balls.

While you are correct in the fact that local officers and agents no longer get the supplemental affiliates pension for their years in office, this is not true for IBT Officers who most certainly do get an additional pension.
Perhaps that is why Ken H has remained the principle officer in his West Virginia local for all these years, while holding numerous offices within the International for the last two decades.

Seems to me that this maneuver is being done not for the best interests of the members, rather for the best interest of his multiple pensions.

twoweeled

Another swing and a miss. Like most locals, our officers pensions are the same as the members. In some UPS locals in the Central, officers/agents pensions are worse.
Strike two...If dues was all that concerned the IBT why didn't they legally charge back dues on retro checks for any UPS employee? Our local union lost close to $56,000 by not getting dues increases for those 7 months. Why does the IBT continue to negotiate improved benefit contributions that don't raise one cent of dues revenue?
You need some batting practice.
Why didn't the Union retroactively charge for 7 months? Is this what you're seriously asking? Go ahead and charge members retro for 7 months. See how long you stay in office. Really?
I may have been wrong in collecting dues being the main focus. Collecting dues is probably secondary to keeping their positions.
Improved Benefits is a matter of opinion. I don't see that our benefits have increased. We are fighting to just remain where we are. The retirees have lost a HUGE amount in their Health Benefits. The cost of their health benefits has gone up big, for worse converge. Maybe we'll hear from some retirees who have experienced better coverage, for less cost? I don't know of any. Do you?
"Why does the IBT continue to negotiate improved benefit contributions". This is not even taking into account the retirees who are now taking it in the shorts with drastic cuts to their pensions, AFTER THEY'VE RETIRED! IBT improving benefits? Sorry, but I don't see the improvements. What I see is a Union going after the easy target. The target that can't hit them back through voting. Retirees can't vote. Why were active employees not hit with retro charges?? Active employees can vote!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Guess we are all done?? So bug can compile all of the suggestions and call Sean O and start tabulating all of this info???

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
They give them the option to run something cold here.......not many will do that
A route cold these days is tough. But if more routes were put on because they had to pay the drivers showing up regardless, it would make for some more reasonable dispatches.

Status
Not open for further replies.