Contract rumor 2 tier and Grandfathering PTimers

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Remember, dues are based on wages. Lower wages through a two tier, the IBT/Locals get less dues.

Teamster revenues are also based on pension and health-care contributions as well as dues ... which would all go up if wages were less and UPS put more drivers on the road.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
please don't use the word"hence",,,,your not that eloquent.thank you,

Don't be so sure ... I've heard he drinks his tea with his pinky up.
pinky up man.jpg

Last edited:

Inthegame

Teamster revenues are also based on pension and health-care contributions as well as dues ... which would all go up if wages were less and UPS put more drivers on the road.
Not that it matters but where's the guarantee benefit contributions would go up if wages went down? If more drivers were on the road or more inside employees working, of course dues income would go up. Teamster revenues are not based on pension and H&W contributions as those dollars go to the respective Trust funds, hence are no part of any local union or the IBT's treasury.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
In my center there is 2 part timers red circle or grandfather in. That's is from a contract in the 70s back then partimers had the same pay scale as full timers and progression

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not that it matters but where's the guarantee benefit contributions would go up if wages went down? If more drivers were on the road or more inside employees working, of course dues income would go up. Teamster revenues are not based on pension and H&W contributions as those dollars go to the respective Trust funds, hence are no part of any local union or the IBT's treasury.

In theory! :wink2:

I figured they dipped into it in some way.
What you say makes sense and I stand corrected.

satellitedriver

You forgot the space between word and "hence"
A well constructed sentence might have been an improvement.
Please, do not use the word hence.
(or)
Do not use the word hence, please.

The former is a request, and the latter is a command.
Upstate has proven his eloquence, through his multiple posts.
One can agree, or disagree with Upstate's point of view, but, one must admit his posts are succinct and eloquent.

UPSGUY72

Heard a rumor that 2 tier pay is an option. Anyone working at UPS at time of contract would be grandfathered in. Makes sense as it would be a bit unfair for someone to start working part time now, under the impression that when they go driving they will be making the same as other drivers once threw progression.

Just a rumor that I would take with a grain of salt.

How can there be a RUMOR going around when negotiations haven't even started yet. Is that RUMOR from management or from the UNION...

Please keep the rumors to yourself till after Sept 27 as anything before that date are assumptions and we all no what happens when you ASSUME....

kingOFchester

How can there be a RUMOR going around when negotiations haven't even started yet. Is that RUMOR from management or from the UNION...

Please keep the rumors to yourself till after Sept 27 as anything before that date are assumptions and we all no what happens when you ASSUME....

If you don't want to read or discuss a rumor, why respond? Kind of silly.

kingOFchester

It's kind of silly to make up rumors that can't even exist since negotiations haven't begun yet...

Well, I can assure you I didn't make it up. Just relaying what I have heard. It may be a little short sited to assume nothing has been discussed in regards to the upcoming contract. Do we know what was on the table during the last negotiations? Perhaps UPS presented 2 tiers last contract. Its a rumor, and now you are in a discussion about a rumor that you asked me to keep to myself.

UPSGUY72

Well, I can assure you I didn't make it up. Just relaying what I have heard. It may be a little short sited to assume nothing has been discussed in regards to the upcoming contract. Do we know what was on the table during the last negotiations? Perhaps UPS presented 2 tiers last contract. Its a rumor, and now you are in a discussion about a rumor that you asked me to keep to myself.

No not discussion the content or your rumor just discussion the fact that you and other people make up these rumors and they all have us given something back to the company..

It like you and other want to make concession to the company that makes billions of dollars a quarter ( there are 4 quarters in a year) before negotiations have even begun.

I'm not entertaining give anything back to the company. Once you loose something you never get it back...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

upsguy, how much longer do you think we can remain competitive with an ever-growing Ground if we don't do something now to address the wage disparity? We have already heard that they have secured the balance of the Walmart volume.

I am still trying to understand how such a wage system could be implemented while grandfathering in current employees. This would mean that only future hires (those hired after the ratification date of the new contract) would be affected by this proposal so, in essence, we would be selling out the unborn.