Contract Rumors...

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
$2 hour raise every year for 7 years, 8-9 hour workdays, not allowed to harass, intimidate, coerce drivers about any information collected from telematics, supervisor can only ride with you 1 day a year, and only for safety purposes. That's all I have heard, hope that helped.

...two additional weeks of vacation, 2 more personal holiday, and candy canes in every stocking.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
you can code 5, you must complete all your deliveries and pickups we are not moving any work to another driver....bam..the same driver that is out till 8pm every night busts the doors at 545pm going home....24 SPORH....

Same train of thought that goes into an 8 hour. Mgmnt does nothing, driver busts arse.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That sucks! Is if just the route you bid on? Guessing your out 11 hours a day.

Like someone said before. 0-8 straight time. 9-9.5 time and half pay. 9.5- + double time pay.

I can see 2 things happening with this senerio..first is most people might want to work the extra ot and make the extra money thus letting them cut more routes than they have been the last few years...not good for the newer drivers. Second is change the allowance again and start riding everybody like a pack mule ....you know we all live in a fantasy world

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
$2 hour raise every year for 7 years, 8-9 hour workdays, not allowed to harass, intimidate, coerce drivers about any information collected from telematics, supervisor can only ride with you 1 day a year, and only for safety purposes. That's all I have heard, hope that helped.

If any of that is true, there are going to be mounds of grievances for the next 7 years following the ratification. Management does not have what it takes to refrain from any of that behavior.

clarnzz

The biggest thing for me would be vacation picks. It's pretty rediculous that the top guy picks all 8 of his weeks, then the next and so forth. I do understand this is a local practice and our center could vote on it, but it's hopeless. The top guys feel like they got screwed for years and they aren't going to do anything to help us lesser guys with young children because they went through the same crap. After 18 years with the company I'd like to pick just one week in the month of July so I don't feel like I need to break by toe.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
The biggest thing for me would be vacation picks. It's pretty rediculous that the top guy picks all 8 of his weeks, then the next and so forth. I do understand this is a local practice and our center could vote on it, but it's hopeless. The top guys feel like they got screwed for years and they aren't going to do anything to help us lesser guys with young children because they went through the same crap. After 18 years with the company I'd like to pick just one week in the month of July so I don't feel like I need to break by toe.

18 years without a summer vacation? How many people are ahead of you on your seniority list? I think I'm 40th on the list out of 64 and I've gotten at least one week each of the last two years after only 12 years on the job.

kingOFchester

I have no problem with vacation bidding. It is what it is. What I have a problem with are the guys that bid summer weeks but come in and work everyday of their vacation. Institute a rule that if you bid summer, you can't work through your vacation. UPS would hate that because as it is they have enough drivers off peak sitting around, summer time it helps UPS to have people bid summer weeks and work through them. Just blows for guys like me to see a driver with a great week work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Upstate NY does not allow their drivers to work during their vacation weeks. As my recently retired on-car once told me, "Why would we pay you guys twice?"

I can understand the OP's frustration but there is little that can be done about it. Even if we changed the selection process by allowing every driver to pick one week and then going back through and selecting their remaining weeks, the prime weeks would still be gone before the lower seniority guys make their pick. My center only allows 4 drivers off per week so it doesn't take long for the prime weeks to be closed out.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Usually take all 7 weeks of my vacation in the summer months of June through August.
It's brutal not having any time off from September to May but someone has to do it!

Very near the top of the seniority list in my center so I can basically pick and choose any week vacation, optional holiday or 8 hour request. Paid my dues for years to get into the position I am in now. Wait your turn and you to will be at the top of the seniority list. Respect your elders!:wink2:

Overpaid Union Thug

I have no problem with vacation bidding. It is what it is. What I have a problem with are the guys that bid summer weeks but come in and work everyday of their vacation. Institute a rule that if you bid summer, you can't work through your vacation. UPS would hate that because as it is they have enough drivers off peak sitting around, summer time it helps UPS to have people bid summer weeks and work through them. Just blows for guys like me to see a driver with a great week work.

Our supplement states that you can work your vacation (sell back) but you have to notify (how many weeks) the company in September. This is supposed to keep drivers from picking weeks that others might want. Then once the year starts they inform their manager or on car when the want the vacation money. I think a few weeks in advance or something like that. The problem is that their is little to no inforcment of this. The sad thing is the drivers are half the problem. True....management shouldn't let them but drivers should respect the contract too. And I don't know what's so hard about doing it the right way.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

What dream are you repeating here? Our what drug are you smoking? The only thing you are leaving out is the reach-arounds and the ability to fire any supervisor that we choose. Are you sure you work at UPS?

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Negotiations begin Sept 27, 2012. It's hoped that all non-economic issues can be settled by Dec 31, 2012 leaving money and benefits to be hashed out through the 1st half of 2013.

Look for contract updates around Feb or March 2013.

Hot issues: 9.5 language, discipline relating to telematics, Article 22.3 jobs

Retaining full (no weekly cost to employees) medical coverage.

iruhnman630

Our local put an end to that practice last year. You take the week off, you do not work. If you choose to work through a vacation week, you declare it at selection time and you pick the crappy january week to do so.

iruhnman630

From someone in his 19th year with UPS yet still stuck at the bottom of the ft seniority list...

Suck it up, buttercup.