Contract talks ... any news? C'mon feeder fill us in!

stink219

It's all speculation at this point folks. Money hasn't been discussed. I have a great idea, when the union says, we have reached a tentative agreement, then we can analyze the specifics. Anticipation of death is worse than death itself.

U

uber

If you are already in progression, you most likely would be grandfathered in under the current contract. There would have to be language in any new contract along the lines of "As of ratification of this new labor agreement, any new hires with a starting date of 8/01/2013 or later will be screwed with a lower top rate of pay along with a 20 year progression to reach same."

Whew, well if that would be the case I'm happy I got on as a driver when I did. I'd feel a little bad for my brother who is going to be a driver most likely in a couple years. Tough I guess.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Things are going badly the company has no money..........
Top picks 2013: United Parcel Service - MSN Money

The package shipping company could deliver strong gains in the year ahead.

Year-to-date in 2012, UPS has generated free cash flow in excess of $3.6 billion. The company repurchased 18.5 million shares for approximately $1.4 billion at an average price of $75.68 per share and paid dividends totaling $1.6 billion, a 10% increase over the prior year.

The Big Brown dividend currently delivers a solid 3.1% yield. The company ended the third quarter of 2012 with $9 billion in cash and marketable securities, which will be used to fund the acquisition of TNT Express, which management expects to close in early 2013, along with debt repayment.

Read more: Brown Cafe - UPS News for UPSers

U

uber

You guys think their will be any raises in the next contract? I've only worked through 2 contracts and both have had solid raises. I've talked to some old timers and they said they can't remember the last time raises froze during a contract.

UpsYours

Cant accept anything less than .75 an hour per year of the contract. with the money they are making on our backs .and get rid of that split raise every 6 months.thats a joke

kingOFchester

They would need to add a lot more language to the contract under a two tier pay scale. I don't want to work 60 hours, but yet I do like more then 8. I could see the lower tier drivers going out with 12 hours work, while top tier top out at 8 hours. Just one thing to think about.

A

anonymous6

You guys think their will be any raises in the next contract? I've only worked through 2 contracts and both have had solid raises. I've talked to some old timers and they said they can't remember the last time raises froze during a contract.

this past contract has really had no raises. basically cost of living increases and not even that. most of us older drivers are more concerned with health and welfare and pensions than wage increases.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
this past contract has really had no raises. basically cost of living increases and not even that. most of us older drivers are more concerned with health and welfare and pensions than wage increases.

Not so much concerned with wages. Solid retirement would be the most important.

Ms.PacMan

I don't think there will ever be a two tier wage for the same job classification. It would be my guess that UPS will eventually want a lower wage ground driver classification, possibly pt to deliver resis on nights and weekends.

Eventually we will be delivering damn near every house, everyday. They are going to have to come up with something different I think.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They would need to add a lot more language to the contract under a two tier pay scale. I don't want to work 60 hours, but yet I do like more then 8. I could see the lower tier drivers going out with 12 hours work, while top tier top out at 8 hours. Just one thing to think about.

No two tier system, but have smaller raises and throw extra money towards the part timers...and get better language on harassment, technology, and 8 hour days/9.5 issues

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Not so much concerned with wages. Solid retirement would be the most important.

you guys ARE getting solid retirement...ups is trying to take over all of the pension funds to give you hard working employees something to look forward to after a hard 40 year career at ups...

A

anonymous6

you guys ARE getting solid retirement...ups is trying to take over all of the pension funds to give you hard working employees something to look forward to after a hard 40 year career at ups...

you're kidding, right?

gotbrown

you guys have to be kidding, why in the world would anyone vote for a 2 tier pay scale? That would be selling out the people that work right along side of you doing the same work for less pay. That will make for a completely dis functional work enviroment, managers tageting senior drivers to get them out, new drivers hating on senior drivers because of pay difference.

You can't say well I had my time, made my money and screw the new guys because they are the ones that will be stuck here doing the job with more technology less routes and more packages to deliver. For less pay no friend-ing way! If you want to vote for a 2 tier scale then you should get a cut to that top rate whatever it is, and be screwed like everyone else. we work together, do the same job we get paid together thats what i thoght a union was about. Don't sell out the rest of us because it won't affect you, thats just as bad as siding with management against the union. This is how it all starts to fall apart they make us turn on each other.

Id rather see a pay freeze, same contract as last time w/ a reasonable bump in pay for p-timers.. I believe thats more than fair for all. And then see what happens for the next one, once you give something back you will never get it back! DON'T BE A SELL OUT BECAUSE IT WON'T AFFECT YOU..Think as if you were a new hire how would that make you feel?