Contract talks ... any news? C'mon feeder fill us in!

kazranch

I have been retired for four yrs, and all of us retirees have been paying $50.00 a month for our health care. I just got a letter in the mail from UPS health and welfare package for retired employees stating that effective Aug. 1 2013 the cost is going up to $247.00 per month, for you plus spouse $495.00, does anyone know anything about this, as a retiree we dont get raises at all!!

packageguy

from what I understand, they are using that with our contract negotiation, they want something so they put that on the table, another words they are throwing **** against the wall to see what sticks......

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
From a recent update:

"Contract negotiations:

There is a "brown-out" if you will, or gag order in effect on the National negotiations due to misinformation being leaked out or guessed at that is having a negative effect on the talks. Anything you HEAR is probably not true. I know that as of last week, nothing has progressed until the Company comes up with a reasonable solution to the treatment and harassment of it's employees. hall is standing firm on that. The retirees were even sent out a scare letter stating that their Health insurance is going to go up as high as $742.50/ month from its current $50 a month on (conveniently) August 1, 2013...the expiration day of our contract!! A lot of retirees were calling me and were very concerned about this news. Well, it is a negotiation ploy and a bad one at that. hall addressed the Company at National negotiations on the opening day after the holidays. He made it very clear that this tactic was unacceptable."

So basically I would encourage everyone to stop spreading incorrect rumors and just let this process play out. Plenty of time to go.

Nimnim

The Nim
My local is having a meeting this Saturday to update us on the contract negotiations. So after this coming weekend we should be seeing some stuff with substance floating around.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
From a recent update:

"Contract negotiations:

There is a "brown-out" if you will, or gag order in effect on the National negotiations due to misinformation being leaked out or guessed at that is having a negative effect on the talks. Anything you HEAR is probably not true. I know that as of last week, nothing has progressed until the Company comes up with a reasonable solution to the treatment and harassment of it's employees. hall is standing firm on that. The retirees were even sent out a scare letter stating that their Health insurance is going to go up as high as $742.50/ month from its current $50 a month on (conveniently) August 1, 2013...the expiration day of our contract!! A lot of retirees were calling me and were very concerned about this news. Well, it is a negotiation ploy and a bad one at that. hall addressed the Company at National negotiations on the opening day after the holidays. He made it very clear that this tactic was unacceptable."

So basically I would encourage everyone to stop spreading incorrect rumors and just let this process play out. Plenty of time to go.

Well, I guess the contract will never get resolved because to be honest ups has no intentions to ever stop the harassment and micromanagement of its employees.....I would guess that 90% of he problems between management and hourly could be solved by just having a common respect for each other.

brown_trousers

Well, I guess the contract will never get resolved because to be honest ups has no intentions to ever stop the harassment and micromanagement of its employees.....I would guess that 90% of he problems between management and hourly could be solved by just having a common respect for each other.

has UPS ever had the intention to stop harassment and micromanaging???... I think it is just part of the job. When people ask me why UPS driver's make so much money, I tell them its because of the crap we have to put up with from management.

If we didn't have that crap, how would I explain the high wages??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
has UPS ever had the intention to stop harassment and micromanaging???... I think it is just part of the job. When people ask me why UPS driver's make so much money, I tell them its because of the crap we have to put up with from management.

You have high wages because you drive safe and are a professional, you work safe and do the best that you can within reason...and most importantly you take care of the customer better than the competition...don't try to justify the poor work enviroment that we have here as" its always has been like this..." Poor excuse.

Dragon

Package Center Manager

Be honest, we micromanage EVERYTHING.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Improved 9.5 language is being discussed. Talk of having a cap put on hours for anyone on the list covering all five consecutive days. No more working under 9.5 hours for two days and then getting spanked with three 11 hour days.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
For those of us that can break up a vacation week into single vacation days there is movement to bump that up to two weeks.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Even though financials are not being discussed until March, I understand that management brings up the increasing cost of healthcare over and over again. If we want to continue to receive our health insurance with no monthly copay I would guess that our annual pay raises are going to be small at best.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Finally, if the negotiations are not completed by the end of April it is my understanding that Mr. Hall intends to take his ball and go home. This would put more pressure on management to negotiate in good faith as we get closer to August 1st and our competition uses a possible work stoppage to suck more of our customers away.

willybad

I have been retired for four yrs, and all of us retirees have been paying $50.00 a month for our health care. I just got a letter in the mail from UPS health and welfare package for retired employees stating that effective Aug. 1 2013 the cost is going up to $247.00 per month, for you plus spouse $495.00, does anyone know anything about this, as a retiree we dont get raises at all!!
this is the only post on this thread about the biggest negotiation for retirees or anyone that wants to retire from u.p.s. some day.-i retired 2 yrs.ago,u.p.s.told me i would have insurance for myself and my wife for $50/mo.till i was elgible for medicare.this month we got a letter telling us our insurance was going to go from $50 to $495/mo.it seems u.p.s.didn't tell me,and i didn't find out till now, that they had verbage in the last contract that allows them not only to do this,but to raise it as they see fit,every year after this.now if it were only going up this 1 time,you guys still working could make up for the increase by working an extra 5 years before retireing.but now they can raise it every year,so each year you work they can raise what insurance will cost you when you retire.you guys just starting out aren't even thinking about retirement,but for anybody that is,talk to your fellow employees,talk to your union leaders.the only way to stop this is through the negotiations going on right now!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
For those of us that can break up a vacation week into single vacation days there is movement to bump that up to two weeks.

Why all anyone wants off are Fridays and maybe Mondays. Let the old guys take off ever Friday? Why not just work 4 ten hour days. At least everyone could enjoy that.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
this is the only post on this thread about the biggest negotiation for retirees or anyone that wants to retire from u.p.s. some day.-i retired 2 yrs.ago,u.p.s.told me i would have insurance for myself and my wife for $50/mo.till i was elgible for medicare.this month we got a letter telling us our insurance was going to go from $50 to $495/mo.it seems u.p.s.didn't tell me,and i didn't find out till now, that they had verbage in the last contract that allows them not only to do this,but to raise it as they see fit,every year after this.now if it were only going up this 1 time,you guys still working could make up for the increase by working an extra 5 years before retireing.but now they can raise it every year,so each year you work they can raise what insurance will cost you when you retire.you guys just starting out aren't even thinking about retirement,but for anybody that is,talk to your fellow employees,talk to your union leaders.the only way to stop this is through the negotiations going on right now!

Relax this is obviously a negotiation ploy. It's not really fair because you retired guys can't vote but it is what it is. If I were you I wouldn't freak out until around may sometime if this all looks the same.