Contract talks !!!!!! STRIKE !!!!!!

rudy5150

Im suprised more teamsters arent posting their disgust and frustrations about what UPS is proposing. Wake up brothers and sisters! This is real, UPS isnt just going to roll over and give us what we want! Lets unite and stop fighting with eachother and focus on the big picture.

Overpaid Union Thug

I agree PT pay rate should increase, but to think that a PT person loading a trailer, or unloading a trailer or loading a package car etc should make the same as a driver, who interacts with the public, is the face of UPS, has to be out in hot weather\freezing cold weather\rain\snow etc. All while driving a vehicle.......That's ridiculous.

The PT's are under paid. As you stated we are not the public face, but I feel we work just as hard if not harder, only for a shorter period of time. We too are exposed to the excessive heat and humidity as well as the extreme cold of the winters all while being overly harassed and supervised by the PT Sups. That said, as a PT Preloader do I feel we should be paid the same as the FT drivers? No, but we are underpaid for what they expect us to do!

I've always said that hour per hour most part timers work harder than most drivers. I personally think driving is really easy as long as we do the job right.

Griff

What a funny thread.

This whole $90 figure is a joke. No need to even talk about it, it isn't going to happen.

hall doesn't control the contract. The membership does. I could careless what he negotiates because i'll be voting NO for any contract that doesn't contain very, very strong language in regards to harassment and performance standards.

As for all the PT newbies crying about their jobs inside, know your role. Almost every single package car and feeder driver was in your shoes at one point and probably for much longer. Yes, you are underpaid for the job you do inside. However, you do not outwork the average package car driver. Moving boxes 2-12ft from a slide into a truck or vice versa is absolutely nothing. Try delivering that 150lb irreg that you had to push end over end into the back of the truck to a 3rd story apartment with no elevator. Then come back on these forums and tell me how tough your 3.1 hour small sort job is.

Justaname

What a funny thread.

This whole $90 figure is a joke. No need to even talk about it, it isn't going to happen.

hall doesn't control the contract. The membership does. I could careless what he negotiates because i'll be voting NO for any contract that doesn't contain very, very strong language in regards to harassment and performance standards.

As for all the PT newbies crying about their jobs inside, know your role. Almost every single package car and feeder driver was in your shoes at one point and probably for much longer. Yes, you are underpaid for the job you do inside. However, you do not outwork the average package car driver. Moving boxes 2-12ft from a slide into a truck or vice versa is absolutely nothing. Try delivering that 150lb irreg that you had to push end over end into the back of the truck to a 3rd story apartment with no elevator. Then come back on these forums and tell me how tough your 3.1 hour small sort job is.
Ok I have, pt still sucks. It's only 4 hours at one job but 8 at another to make a living. Split sleeping shifts sucks horribly. But I don't agree we should make as much as fters.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Reality is that UPS made over 4 billion(yes with a B) in profit last year. The fact that they even propose a co-pay to insurance is ludicrous!! The answer is absolutely not!! $90 a week with 10% a year increases would equate to almost $3/hr for a full time employee and over $7/hr for a part time employee. that's 75% of their pay! HELL NO!!

My personal thoughts are UPS is throwing this out there to use as a bargaining chip, if not, they are just wanting a strike!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Reality is that UPS made over 4 billion(yes with a B) in profit last year. The fact that they even propose a co-pay to insurance is ludicrous!! The answer is absolutely not!! $90 a week with 10% a year increases would equate to almost $3/hr for a full time employee and over $7/hr for a part time employee. that's 75% of their pay! HELL NO!!

My personal thoughts are UPS is throwing this out there to use as a bargaining chip, if not, they are just wanting a strike!!
I don't think it's even a bargaining chip as they hadn't even started talking about economic issues at the negotiations when the company brought this up. I think they just wanted to float the idea and gauge the reaction to see if it was even something they wanted to pursue.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I don't think it's even a bargaining chip as they hadn't even started talking about economic issues at the negotiations when the company brought this up. I think they just wanted to float the idea and gauge the reaction to see if it was even something they wanted to pursue.

I think they threw it out first in the economic negotiations so they would look like they are giving up alot when they offer next to nothing in raises and pension but they took the health care co-pay off the table. I hope we don't trade away retirement increases to get rid of it! Just a gut feeling that I have though that they are using it as a tactic to make a crappy offer look good!!

Steward773

Meeting this morning with B/A...... Company wanted early negotiations, yet showed up hours late for the first meeting and left early. Then showed up late again for the 2nd round. In addition to the health care, Company wants to increase years of service for vacations and limit bidding. Company also want to use more sub-contractors instead of using UPS Freight during peak. There was progress made on Surepost and 9/5 language (details not known).

rudy5150

We could make a bold statement to UPS and say if you want an early deal we want signing bonus and an extension of current contract for 5 yrs! Screw all this game playing.

brown_trousers

Meeting this morning with B/A...... Company wanted early negotiations, yet showed up hours late for the first meeting and left early. Then showed up late again for the 2nd round. In addition to the health care, Company wants to increase years of service for vacations and limit bidding. Company also want to use more sub-contractors instead of using UPS Freight during peak. There was progress made on Surepost and 9/5 language (details not known).

Is UPS the only one coming to the table with offers? Did the Teamsters offer what they wanted to see with wages/benefits? Id be interested to know what the Teamsters brought to the negotiation table in regards to wages.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I wasn't told what the union proposed. Which does make me happy. I want to know why we are getting news from the company. Not from our union