Contract talks !!!!!! STRIKE !!!!!!

Isn't that an option for us full timers. A work slow down?
work slow down...Maybe you cant take your truck out..(safety violations) a sickday 2 or 3....Dont cut 5 or 10 off of your lunch and miss a package or two or three!!Put your cellphone on the do not call list....walk dont run....test weight of every stinking package....use your dolly dont carry all those heavy packages!..Make yourself hard to hit(dont park on corners) park a block away!!!Keep your space cushion..and so on and so forth

work slow down...Maybe you cant take your truck out..(safety violations) a sickday 2 or 3....Dont cut 5 or 10 off of your lunch and miss a package or two or three!!Put your cellphone on the do not call list....walk dont run....test weight of every stinking package....use your dolly dont carry all those heavy packages!..Make yourself hard to hit(dont park on corners) park a block away!!!Keep your space cushion..and so on and so forth
Oh I 4got I need help with this overweight..and the rest of the crew wants to OPT IN & take their 2- 8 hour days every month!!Safety first

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Oh I 4got I need help with this overweight..and the rest of the crew wants to OPT IN & take their 2- 8 hour days every month!!Safety first

Love it when people quote themselves. Lol

Brownslave688

Isn't that an option for us full timers. A work slow down?

horrible idea!.. I'll see you in the unemployment line!

But not because I am unemployed. I just make deliveries there everyday

No you won't read the contract. No such thing as production standards. Only thing they can try to fire you for is an on purpose work slowdown. Good luck proving that. Also they can't fire everyone. That's the point get everyone to do it and send a message.

orangeman

Alot of panic buttons being pushed in this thread. Relax. This process has only just begun. The dog and pony show will take weeks to work through, but I suspect the final deal is already decided on...now they just have to sell it to us. I am putting together my own strike fund, however,...just in case.

brown_trousers

You misread his thread....it wasnt work slowdown...It was work at a human pace and follow the safety rules.....learn how to read....rookie

Actually I read the post exactly as it was written: "Isn't that an option for us full timers. A work slow down?"
Im sure we could get an translator in here to interpret it for you. But there it is.
Maybe its you who are the rookie... at basic english!

brown_trousers

No you won't read the contract. No such thing as production standards. Only thing they can try to fire you for is an on purpose work slowdown. Good luck proving that. Also they can't fire everyone. That's the point get everyone to do it and send a message.

Someone who by there own admission.. intentionally slowing their work (unless its for safety reasons). Is that kind of honesty you would want to represent?

I don't want to sound like that one guy on this forum, i think his name is integrity, but we have to have some kind of values in life. God forbid you should pass down such dishonest values to your children

Brownslave688

Someone who by there own admission.. intentionally slowing their work (unless its for safety reasons). Is that kind of honesty you would want to represent?

I don't want to sound like that one guy on this forum, i think his name is integrity, but we have to have some kind of values in life. God forbid you should pass down such dishonest values to your children

You mean the value to stick up for themselves?

I'm not talking about everyone running 4 hours over everyday. Although that would send quite the message. Simply do your job safely. There are plenty out there who skip break, speed, run to houses, bring stops up into the cab, etc. I know I used to do it all.

LagunaBrown

Thanks to everyone who made the rally today with hall in Ontario Ca. That was one he'll of a turn out! Great to see solidarity going into the contract. I Hope we get the same results across the nation!

blue efficacy

What a funny thread.

This whole $90 figure is a joke. No need to even talk about it, it isn't going to happen.

hall doesn't control the contract. The membership does. I could careless what he negotiates because i'll be voting NO for any contract that doesn't contain very, very strong language in regards to harassment and performance standards.

As for all the PT newbies crying about their jobs inside, know your role. Almost every single package car and feeder driver was in your shoes at one point and probably for much longer. Yes, you are underpaid for the job you do inside. However, you do not outwork the average package car driver. Moving boxes 2-12ft from a slide into a truck or vice versa is absolutely nothing. Try delivering that 150lb irreg that you had to push end over end into the back of the truck to a 3rd story apartment with no elevator. Then come back on these forums and tell me how tough your 3.1 hour small sort job is.
Oh come on. How often do you have to bring 150 lb irregs to 3rd story apartments, anyway???
Get over yourself. Driving is not more physically demanding than most PT jobs, and thanks to EDD it is only marginally more mentally challenging.
Also, when you were PT you made more in INFLATION ADJUSTED dollars than today's PTers, possibly significantly so depending on how long ago you started.
If I had to choose between driving for 9 hours and loading for 3 hours, I would choose the first every single time. Even if the hourly rate was the same for each.

But good job falling into the Company's "Divide and conquer" scheme anyway.

brown_trousers

You mean the value to stick up for themselves?

I'm not talking about everyone running 4 hours over everyday. Although that would send quite the message. Simply do your job safely. There are plenty out there who skip break, speed, run to houses, bring stops up into the cab, etc. I know I used to do it all.

For safety reasons, It would be perfectly acceptable. But to just slow down work with no reason other than to protest, would not be honest. We already see enough dishonesty in the management ranks, I would not want to bring the teamsters down to such a level.

zmouse

If the union where to go on strike, and I decided not too for financial reasons (PT can't save $ very well) would their be any consequences? How was it during the last strike I've been reading about? Was it only non-union employees working during that time?

anonymous4

If the union where to go on strike, and I decided not too for financial reasons (PT can't save $ very well) would their be any consequences? How was it during the last strike I've been reading about? Was it only non-union employees working during that time?

What do you think? Do you understand the concept behind a union? You tend to sink or swim as a unit.