Contract talks !!!!!! STRIKE !!!!!!

[h=2]Re: Contract talks !!!!!! STRIKE !!!!!![/h]
Just attended Teamster Rally at the Ontario Convention Center, here in Southern California on Saturday. Guest speaker hall said we are not going to give in on this ridiculous proposal. And the 3000 plus Teamsters that showed up totally agreed. So we will see what happens. But I think All Teamsters will stick together, just like in 1997​

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/contract-talks-strike-348513/index28.html#ixzz2LDLONEvF

LagunaBrown

Just attended Teamster Rally at the Ontario Convention Center, here in Southern California on Saturday. Guest speaker hall said we are not going to give in on this ridiculous proposal. And the 3000 plus Teamsters that showed up totally agreed. So we will see what happens. But I think All Teamsters will stick together, just like in 1997.

That was great bro! I wish guys on the sight talked more about the solidarity than who works harder FT or PT. I think if you work at UPS you work hard period. So Cal teamster came out and their numbers sent a message!

anonymous4

That was great bro! I wish guys on the sight talked more about the solidarity than who works harder FT or PT. I think if you work at UPS you work hard period. So Cal teamster came out and their numbers sent a message!

I agree. I've fallen for that game before and now is not the time to squabble over dick size. The job is tough from all angles.

Griff

hahahhaaha pushing a 150 overweight irregular end over end and then up 3 set of stairs. Wow your smart!

No, I carry them up. I'm not some 5 year service air driver. I've been at this long enough to build up some strength.

I've rarely seen a PTer that can handle anything above 120lbs, so they resort to busting the box and contents up by rolling it end over end.

Take a reading comprehension class, thanks.

anonymous4

Astounded by your stupidity Griff. Trollin' hard.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here.gif

Totally agree. This guy sounds like he is in management. Nobody wants a strike, but are you willing to take a pay cut? And as for giving back a little. I think I have given alot here at UPS, for the last twenty five years. I know alot of driver with bad backs, knee's, ect... We need the health care we have.

upser92

One thing I'm not hearing people talk about is when the strike will occur. Contract expires July 31st, and as we all know it tends to be a little hot during this time of the year. No way do a bunch of employees who are spending hours a week running around in 90+ degree heat agree to any cuts considering how well their company is cashing in on them. This just feels like a strike situation and I don't think it will be resolved quickly. I know I'm really starting to save my money for this

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
One thing I'm not hearing people talk about is when the strike will occur. Contract expires July 31st, and as we all know it tends to be a little hot during this time of the year. No way do a bunch of employees who are spending hours a week running around in 90+ degree heat agree to any cuts considering how well their company is cashing in on them. This just feels like a strike situation and I don't think it will be resolved quickly. I know I'm really starting to save my money for this

The answer is simple. AUGUST 1 you will be on the street if the company does not present an offer that the union agrees to bring to the members.

Not too hard to figure out. There will be no extensions in these negotiations. UPS does not want to take these negotiations into september.

If its going to put its technologies to the test, then it has to be the first two weeks in august while volume is lighter, however, going into late august, back to school volume will rise and they will be in bad shape if we are on the street.

They will push for a strike knowing the Union will not budge if ONE CENT is on the table for employees to pay towards insurance.

Its as easy as that. PLAN , PREPARE, EXECUTE.

peace

TOS

If one feels that a strike is coming, now is a good time to start thinking of ways to hedge themselves against it.
How many ways could one hedge that risk?

Cash out vacation
UPS puts
FDX calls

upser92

The answer is simple. AUGUST 1 you will be on the street if the company does not present an offer that the union agrees to bring to the members.

Not too hard to figure out. There will be no extensions in these negotiations. UPS does not want to take these negotiations into september.

If its going to put its technologies to the test, then it has to be the first two weeks in august while volume is lighter, however, going into late august, back to school volume will rise and they will be in bad shape if we are on the street.

They will push for a strike knowing the Union will not budge if ONE CENT is on the table for employees to pay towards insurance.

peace

TOS

Lol I know when the contract ends and that we'd be on strike August 1, I'm just saying the no way do a bunch of employees working hours a week in brutal heat take cuts

brown_trousers

peace

TOS

Amen! Thats exactly the way it should. Teamsters have already voiced what will be acceptable. Now the ball is in UPS's court. They are the ones who will decide to set us on strike if they dont negotiate reasonably. The blood will be on their hands! Meaning it will be UPS who decided to lose profits, market share, and lose competitive advantage to FedEx! In the end, they will have no one to blame but themselves

brown_trousers

peace

TOS

Amen! Thats exactly the way it should. Teamsters have already voiced what will be acceptable. Now the ball is in UPS's court. They are the ones who will decide to set us on strike if they dont negotiate reasonably. The blood will be on their hands! Meaning it will be UPS who decided to lose profits, market share, and lose competitive advantage to FedEx! If a strike happens, they will have no one to blame but themselves

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Lol I know when the contract ends and that we'd be on strike August 1, I'm just saying the no way do a bunch of employees working hours a week in brutal heat take cuts

Back in 1997, UPS didnt believe that the membership would vote to strike. They were wrong. Last time, UPS caught us off guard and we were not prepared to be on the street for 2 weeks.

This time, its different.

We have time to prepare, plan and execute a back up plan to survive the weeks that UPS is shut down. There is pain to spread around, but this time, it wont hurt.

Peace

TOS

BrownArmy

TOS

LOL.

This is either a conspiracy theory or the absolute truth, but if UPS Corporate thinks that they can run the organization while Teamsters strike, now that PAS/EDD/ORION/whatever have been implemented, they are in for a very rude awakening.

In my center (I bet in yours too!), the EDD for most routes is non-ideal (to put it nicely); everyday on whatever route I'm covering there are bad PALS, wrong PALS, system-flips, etc...

With the constant (incomplete) add-cuts, mis-loads, over-dispatches, sure-post bags clogging trucks, etc., I would love to see this 'a monkey could deliver these trucks' attitude put to the test.

Good luck...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Amen! Thats exactly the way it should. Teamsters have already voiced what will be acceptable. Now the ball is in UPS's court. They are the ones who will decide to set us on strike if they dont negotiate reasonably. The blood will be on their hands! Meaning it will be UPS who decided to lose profits, market share, and lose competitive advantage to FedEx! If a strike happens, they will have no one to blame but themselves

with the 1997 strike ups knew that fedex was in the process of creating a ground unit, why the hell did they pull the best, last, final card with the union? Did that ever pop into their heads, what were they thinking, and why wasnt it a one or two day strike, instead of 2 weeks...you think they would want to get the business back up and running.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
LOL.

This is either a conspiracy theory or the absolute truth, but if UPS Corporate thinks that they can run the organization while Teamsters strike, now that PAS/EDD/ORION/whatever have been implemented, they are in for a very rude awakening.

In my center (I bet in yours too!), the EDD for most routes is non-ideal (to put it nicely); everyday on whatever route I'm covering there are bad PALS, wrong PALS, system-flips, etc...

With the constant (incomplete) add-cuts, mis-loads, over-dispatches, sure-post bags clogging trucks, etc., I would love to see this 'a monkey could deliver these trucks' attitude put to the test.

Good luck...

Its not the technology, its just the physical aspect of the job that will be the toughest...so they have a list of stops to follow in the diad, big woop...a well loaded truck can be run just as efficiently old school as a truck with edd.

iruhnman630

with the 1997 strike ups knew that fedex was in the process of creating a ground unit, why the hell did they pull the best, last, final card with the union? Did that ever pop into their heads, what were they thinking, and why wasnt it a one or two day strike, instead of 2 weeks...you think they would want to get the business back up and running.
...especially when, as I recall, the company caved on nearly every issue. Two weeks wasted.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
LOL.

Good luck...

I think youre missing the point. Its those technologies that is making them believe they can still operate. I made it clear in my posts however, that those technologies are "FLAWED" at best, and without "US" correcting the mistakes of those technologies, the company will fail.

UPS management believes that "they" can take out the "thinking" part of the job with technology and that any dummy off the street can do the job, but as you said, even with trained personnel, the systems are failing miserably. PAS is a joke, EDD is a joke and the PDS operators are so mistake prone, the business couldnt function without us.

However, that is not going to stop the arrogance of UPS top management in believing that "they" have it all figured out. They are so convinced that the numbers tell them the whole story and because of that disconnect they will push for a strike.

They have invested millions in these technologies, and they truly believe that they work.

You and I both know they dont, but they do not care. For years, lower level operators have "fudged" the numbers, from preload to package, and on paper the business is running like a top. But, you and I know, the things that are being hid from the brass will only show once we are on the street.

Scabs will NOT know how to correct the err's of the systems. Scabs will NOT know how to run routes that the PDS screws up every morning when they put the wrong packages on the wrong shelves. Scabs will not know how to load package cars when PAS labels are placed on the wrong packages and they dont know how to verify PAS to LABEL.

Its a mistake for UPS to take such a hardline this contract period, but its what they want and its what they will get if they come to the table with the same offer.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Its not the technology, its just the physical aspect of the job that will be the toughest...so they have a list of stops to follow in the diad, big woop...a well loaded truck can be run just as efficiently old school as a truck with edd.

In my area in 1997, temperatures in august range from 105 degrees to 115 degrees and the supervisors who were attempting to run routes were collapsing on route. Two supes were taken off car by ambulance for heat exhaustion and others returned to the building just before they got sick from the heat.

As someone said, I would also like to see them put the "a monkey can do this job now" with temperatures ranging in the 100's. The company forgets about the human aspect of the job. The physical toll of weather, weight and time.

We are trained professionals, trained atheletes sotospeak. We have already trained for all seasons, and SCABS will not be able to perfom to the same levels no matter how much technology is brought to the company.

Peace

TOS