Contract talks !!!!!! STRIKE !!!!!!

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
You would understand better if you actually worked at ups and lived it instead of operating a web site. We made our name United Parcel SERVICE from actual service because we had people who had ACTUALLY done the job. Now we have people with experience like you.

Like Cheryl said I worked for UPS almost 27 years. This has been discussed over the years in my previous posts... I don't run this website, this is Cheryl's baby. I'm on here pretty much every day and help with moderation but it is really the other mods that do all the heavy lifting.

You quoted a post of mine I made several days ago that gave kudos to UPS drivers being better trained and working harder than the competition. Your response to my post made no sense other than being an ignorant attack on me not knowing what you were talking about. I respect all UPS employees drivers included. I was a driver for almost 5 years, trained new drivers and pretty much have done everything in operations.

When I first read your out of the blue post I thought you were posting after drinking but then I looked at the time and hoped this wasn't true.

Now how about getting back on topic...

Like Cheryl said I worked for UPS almost 27 years. This has been discussed over the years in my previous posts... I don't run this website, this is Cheryl's baby. I'm on here pretty much every day and help with moderation but it is really the other mods that do all the heavy lifting.You quoted a post of mine I made several days ago that gave kudos to UPS drivers being better trained and working harder than the competition. Your response to my post made no sense other than being an ignorant attack on me not knowing what you were talking about. I respect all UPS employees drivers included. I was a driver for almost 5 years, trained new drivers and pretty much have done everything in operations. When I first read your out of the blue post I thought you were posting after drinking but then I looked at the time and hoped this wasn't true.Now how about getting back on topic...
You are right it was an attack and I was out of line but TOS is an advocate for the union and he is living the new ups right now. You are ten years removed and you moderating this site can't make up for this. If you came back to ups now you would be a dinosaur. No disrespect intended and I know I can be disrespectful to you management types but I have my reasons for my deep deep distrust for them. People like me who cringe at the crappy service know the message TOS was bringing in his post and I felt like you were attacking him. Since you are the owner of this site I guess I just shouldn't ever question you. This site is your world you own it. No disrespect intended.

PT Car Washer

Just curious, where do you draw the line?

Grocery baggers are union. Should they be paid $32/hr?

I'm not trying to be an ass but that's a really, really vague statement.
How about $30.70 an hour to empty waste paper baskets? We have 5 FT and 2 article 22.3 for that job. The union will not let the jobs go away.

BROWNHOG

Remember those training rooms gm had for the union members making around 30 dollars an hour with no specific job .they sat in an office for 8 hours a day and did nothing, their position in the chair they sat on guaranteed by terms in a multitude of contracts that gm could no longer pay. And how many jobs did gm get rid of before they executed the shame bankruptcy ? And the hourly wage now to build a car is how much ?

PT Car Washer

Just curious, where do you draw the line?

Grocery baggers are union. Should they be paid $32/hr?

I'm not trying to be an ass but that's a really, really vague statement.
Sorry, how about we go back to before 1982 and the 2 tier wages for part time? Most PTers don't even know what I am even talking about. They just accept their second class position.

PT Car Washer

Remember those training rooms gm had for the union members making around 30 dollars an hour with no specific job .they sat in an office for 8 hours a day and did nothing, their position in the chair they sat on guaranteed by terms in a multitude of contracts that gm could no longer pay. And how many jobs did gm get rid of before they executed the shame bankruptcy ? And the hourly wage now to build a car is how much ?
And your point is? Unless you mean the senior PT person who is asigned to watch a sup work to prevent a grievance from being filed. Should be a bid job.

rudy5150

Its plain and simple we are only going to strike if UPS wants to. We arent paying for health care and we are getting raises similar if not better than last contract. Remember RECORD PROFITS!!!!! If not we will STRIKE!! Its up to Ups. They still have to trim some fat up top, getting rid of some of the pt sups would help too. They are just puppets anyways, they arent allowed to make any decisions, they are just there to harass and intimidate.

PT Car Washer

Its plain and simple we are only going to strike if UPS wants to. We arent paying for health care and we are getting raises similar if not better than last contract. Remember RECORD PROFITS!!!!! If not we will STRIKE!! Its up to Ups. They still have to trim some fat up top, getting rid of some of the pt sups would help too. They are just puppets anyways, they arent allowed to make any decisions, they are just there to harass and intimidate.
And also to do bargaining unit work. Just not as well.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Like Cheryl said I worked for UPS almost 27 years. This has been discussed over the years in my previous posts... I don't run this website, this is Cheryl's baby. I'm on here pretty much every day and help with moderation but it is really the other mods that do all the heavy lifting.

You quoted a post of mine I made several days ago that gave kudos to UPS drivers being better trained and working harder than the competition. Your response to my post made no sense other than being an ignorant attack on me not knowing what you were talking about. I respect all UPS employees drivers included. I was a driver for almost 5 years, trained new drivers and pretty much have done everything in operations.

When I first read your out of the blue post I thought you were posting after drinking but then I looked at the time and hoped this wasn't true.

Now how about getting back on topic...

Tony, it has been posted repeatedly that you worked at UPS for 27 years.
It has been asked as to what you did for UPS.
So you were you ever part time?
Were you hired off the street as a driver, then promoted to management?
Leaving after 27 years seems a bit peculiar?
Was your your separation from the company amicable?

Last edited:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Tony, it has been posted repeatedly that you worked at UPS for 27 years.
It has been asked as to what you did for UPS.
So you were you ever part time?
Were you hired off the street as a driver, then promoted to management?
Leaving after 27 years seems a bit peculiar?
Was your your separation from the company amicable?
I wonder why you think that my family should not be provided the same respect for our personal privacy that we extend to you.

browncafe terms of service said:
You are responsible for protecting your own privacy and respecting the privacy of others. This means no posting of your own or any other person's full name, email addresses, work or home locations, job titles, phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable or private information. This also means your full name cannot be used as your username or posted anywhere on our site.

Let's please allow this thread to get back on topic.

I wonder why you think that my family is not provided the same respect for our personal privacy that we extend to you.
All you had to say is you won't answer those questions. Me with the name anonymous puts me right on the front line. Everyone in my area knows what I'm saying. Maybe I'm wrong but that requires a little bit of balls. Bubble just asked a question it's not like you are integrity and you need to be scared for your livelyhood for what you say here. You might like me you might not but you have to respect that I put myself out there as a union advocate. I asked the same question? What did tony do at the old United Parcel??

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This reminds me of a time when I was about to bust some three hundred pound fat ass in the face and my pregnant wife jumped in the middle. That didn't have to happen just like this didn't.

I thought the questions were fairly benign and in line with the discussion.
Apparently I struck a nerve with the Old Lady.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This reminds me of a time when I was about to bust some three hundred pound fat ass in the face and my pregnant wife jumped in the middle. That didn't have to happen just like this didn't.

You're right----it didn't have to happen----if you had just chosen to mind your own business.

In what world do you think Tony owes you an explanation as to what he did during his 27 years with the company or whether his separation was amicable or not?

The point that I find most ironic is that you are questioning Tony's relevance to the new UPS yet you blast me whenever I bring this up in regard to Rod. What is the difference?

Tony rarely if ever comments on the operational aspects of the company---when he does he always prefaces it by saying "based on my experience".

I think you and BH owe Tony and Cheryl an apology.

Old lady?! I hope you enjoy your time in the moderation queu. Say "hi" to TOS for us.

You guys must be bored... this is ridiculous.
It's winter Cheryl of course I'm bored. It's not like I live in California. I'm sure your husband thinks us Midwesteners (407 Bubblehead ) sit around and booz up but we also like to watch tv and get on the Internet. We both also wonder what Tony's job was at the old United Parcel??