Contract talks !!!!!! STRIKE !!!!!!

menotyou

bella amicizia
How about $30.70 an hour to empty waste paper baskets? We have 5 FT and 2 article 22.3 for that job. The union will not let the jobs go away.

I hope you are kidding ... that is totally ridiculous if true.

Article 22 full time porters. also known as janitors. They do a lot of other things such as mopping the floors and cleaning bathrooms. Work mostly 6:00 AM to 14:30 with half hour lunch. Very high seniority.

Geez, if I had known this, I might have stayed a driver.
Is 40 years enough seniority?

Oh gosh Hoax, that's absolutely true. There's more than one local in the northeast who has drivers bid janitor jobs
and make top rate.
Oh, great. We have another guy who might have retired and figured out there are cake jobs here. Damn. At this rate, I'll never get one. :winks:

BROWNHOG

Grievances being filed. Please ! Gm cut 55000 unionized high paying production killing assembly jobs and replaced them with jobs starting at 6 dollars an hour less, with maximum level pay scales before they executed their shame obama lead controlled bankruptcy. All that before the investors, pension funds and retirement investments got screwed and lost their whole investment. And the teamsters retirement investment in gm ? How much do you think they lost. Oh . Gm cut 24000 low.middle and operational management employees as well and gm had the full backing of the taxpayer and us government's treasury to make the deal. You want shared sacrifice between work groups and investors ? Look at ford

BROWNHOG

Anybody remember when the non unionized fedex was a strong challenging rival to ups, offering solid middle class full time driver and management jobs with a large part time work force. Fedex is now a shell of what it was. Massive management and hourly layoffs or outright elimination of operations and services. Buyouts and consolidation of 4 business units into one strong and viable service offering to go directly to the core of the ups america revenue stream. Fedex is paying less for their workers and doing it all with an non unionized work force. You want to complain about big bad ups ? Just think r.e.a. Business as usual is a thing of the past. Whether you believe it or not. This contract is a done deal already. Everything else is chest thumping over the top rhetoric.

Anybody remember when the non unionized fedex was a strong challenging rival to ups, offering solid middle class full time driver and management jobs with a large part time work force. Fedex is now a shell of what it was. Massive management and hourly layoffs or outright elimination of operations and services. Buyouts and consolidation of 4 business units into one strong and viable service offering to go directly to the core of the ups america revenue stream. Fedex is paying less for their workers and doing it all with an non unionized work force. You want to complain about big bad ups ? Just think r.e.a. Business as usual is a thing of the past. Whether you believe it or not. This contract is a done deal already. Everything else is chest thumping over the top rhetoric.
The contact maybe done...But we still have to vote for or against it

That's crazy, if the contract was a done deal hoffa and hall wouldn't be traveling around the country getting us worked up.

satellitedriver

No matter what is offered, vote no.
Strike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It worked in 97'.

OOps, we did not get to vote on the contract in 97', we gave that right away to the committee.

Obama is in office and we know he will back us up, or save us from ourselves.
So, strike now and live with consequences later.

1997 taught me how the game is played.

Ms.PacMan

CONTRACT IS ALREADY DONE :angry:

That's what I think. Already knowing the length of the contract seemed off to me. They are probably getting everyone worked up about the cost of health care so they can spin it into a victory when it still costs us nothing (as always) and the rest of the contract sucks.

This is a two way street mind you - I keep reading on financial forums that MIP will be 1.2 this year. UPS can use the health care cost as an excuse to screw mgmt.

JMHO

stink219

CONTRACT IS ALREADY DONE :angry:

That's what I think. Already knowing the length of the contract seemed off to me. They are probably getting everyone worked up about the cost of health care so they can spin it into a victory when it still costs us nothing (as always) and the rest of the contract sucks.

This is a two way street mind you - I keep reading on financial forums that MIP will be 1.2 this year. UPS can use the health care cost as an excuse to screw mgmt.

JMHO
I know 4 people on the national negotiating committee, the contract is not done. You may think it is, but I assure you it is not.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

JMHO

MIP is 70% or 1.4 for the 2012 year awarded in March 2013.