Contract talks !!!!!! STRIKE !!!!!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You're right----it didn't have to happen----if you had just chosen to mind your own business.

In what world do you think Tony owes you an explanation as to what he did during his 27 years with the company or whether his separation was amicable or not?

The point that I find most ironic is that you are questioning Tony's relevance to the new UPS yet you blast me whenever I bring this up in regard to Rod. What is the difference?

Tony rarely if ever comments on the operational aspects of the company---when he does he always prefaces it by saying "based on my experience".

I think you and BH owe Tony and Cheryl an apology.

Old lady?! I hope you enjoy your time in the moderation queu. Say "hi" to TOS for us.

I don't have anything to apologize for.
I asked TONY a few questions and he can either answer or decline.
What's the problem with that *?

Last edited by a moderator:

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Tony, it has been posted repeatedly that you worked at UPS for 27 years.
It has been asked as to what you did for UPS.
So you were you ever part time? Yes
Were you hired off the street as a driver, then promoted to management? Went part time to full time driver then full time management.
Leaving after 27 years seems a bit peculiar? Not to me, it's been great.
Was your your separation from the company amicable? Yes

Hi Bubbles I'm flattered that you and 407 are concerned about my UPS career after almost 14 years of BrownCafe.

Your disrespect for Cheryl and this site on many occasions is offensive to me. I'm only responding so you and 407 will quit derailing the thread.

Since this is a very important thread regarding your future employment with UPS I hardly want to see it go off topic regarding my past employment. I've answered these questions before, there is no mystery and nothing very exciting.

Now move on...

Hi Bubbles I'm flattered that you and 407 are concerned about my UPS career after almost 14 years of BrownCafe. Your disrespect for Cheryl and this site on many occasions is offensive to me. I'm only responding so you and 407 will quit derailing the thread.Since this is a very important thread regarding your future employment with UPS I hardly want to see it go off topic regarding my past employment. I've answered these questions before, there is no mystery and nothing very exciting.Now move on...
so what did you do at ups?Are you and Cheryl the same poster?

You're right----it didn't have to happen----if you had just chosen to mind your own business.In what world do you think Tony owes you an explanation as to what he did during his 27 years with the company or whether his separation was amicable or not?The point that I find most ironic is that you are questioning Tony's relevance to the new UPS yet you blast me whenever I bring this up in regard to Rod. What is the difference?Tony rarely if ever comments on the operational aspects of the company---when he does he always prefaces it by saying "based on my experience".I think you and BH owe Tony and Cheryl an apology.Old lady?! I hope you enjoy your time in the moderation queu. Say "hi" to TOS for us.
Dave you are the best. The real reason I joined this site after lurking for three years.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hi Bubbles I'm flattered that you and 407 are concerned about my UPS career after almost 14 years of BrownCafe.

Your disrespect for Cheryl and this site on many occasions is offensive to me. I'm only responding so you and 407 will quit derailing the thread.

Since this is a very important thread regarding your future employment with UPS I hardly want to see it go off topic regarding my past employment. I've answered these questions before, there is no mystery and nothing very exciting.

Now move on...

I only asked in order to get a better perspective as what forms your opinions.
I haven't had the privilege of reading all of your posts over the last 14 years.
I've only been a member since 2007.
The only question that I thought was somewhat invasive was as to the terms of your separation.
I found 27 years peculiar because it would have an adverse effect on your retirement benefits from the managerial ranks.
Thank you for your candor.

For me to give respect, it must be earned.
It doesn't necessarily come with a title.
I have crossed the line occasionally in the past and for that I am sorry.
Today is not one of those occasions.

407, at this point I'm putting you in the mod queue. This is a total waste of bandwidth.Can we please now let the thread get back on topic?
Yes we can but what is this infraction you just have me. Is it because you don't want to be questioned on your site? I kept it real nice. Is what I said that bad?? Am I in time out? All this and I wasent even drinking like tony wondered in another post. I guess he can slam me but if I ask him a question I'm a jerk Sorry for whatever I did. I realize that I questioned you but don't think it warranted your threat of infraction one. From now on I won't talk to you or post to you or whatever. All the best your friend 407. No worries

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Is that like "notice of suspension"? Does he have the right to local area grievance machinery?

Nope, I asked him respectfully and he chose not to comply. He can still post here as much as he wants to but his posts will have to be approved by one of the mods before they display on the public forum. There are a few members that have been posting here that way for years. If or when he's willing to be less disruptive he can pm any mod so the mods can discuss if he's been using the forum responsibly.

BrownCafe operates on an honor system. Our intention is to maintain a fair and reasonable forum and facilitate legitimate, reasoned debate about the issues raised. Registered members are offered the privilege of freely posting on this site with the understanding that they are bound by their honor to observe our House Rules and Terms of Service and will therefore not abuse the trust placed in them.

Nope, I asked him respectfully and he chose not to comply. He can still post here as much as he wants to but his posts will have to be approved by one of the mods before they display on the public forum. There are a few members that have been posting here that way for years. If or when he's willing to be less disruptive he can pm any mod so the mods can discuss if he's been using the forum responsibly.BrownCafe operates on an honor system. Our intention is to maintain a fair and reasonable forum and facilitate legitimate, reasoned debate about the issues raised. Registered members are offered the privilege of freely posting on this site with the understanding that they are bound by their honor to observe our House Rules and Terms of Service and will therefore not abuse the trust placed in them.
I appologize to Cheryl & Tony. I haven't been myself lately. I'm burned out at ups and this site. Sorry for the confussion. I'm just not right and I know this.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Seriously, if you want to know something about someone for your personal gratification, you can pm them. You can also click on their name and read their about me page. Other than that, if they didnt put it there, it is not important. If you wish to develop a closer relationship, PM. I would tell certain people stuff, I dont want an entire internet to read. I have many people on here I pm all the time. I may know some of them better than people I see every day.
I think many of us are burnt out, I know I am. Thats when we need help, of real people family, friends. Thats why I am having a Daytona 500 get together. You are all invited, as long as you love dogs, and like to eat wings, and junk food. And drinks. BYOB

Seriously, if you want to know something about someone for your personal gratification, you can pm them. You can also click on their name and read their about me page. Other than that, if they didnt put it there, it is not important. If you wish to develop a closer relationship, PM. I would tell certain people stuff, I dont want an entire internet to read. I have many people on here I pm all the time. I may know some of them better than people I see every day. I think many of us are burnt out, I know I am. Thats when we need help, of real people family, friends. Thats why I am having a Daytona 500 get together. You are all invited, as long as you love dogs, and like to eat wings, and junk food. And drinks. BYOB
Just ate 30 wings

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Article 22 full time porters. also known as janitors. They do a lot of other things such as mopping the floors and cleaning bathrooms. Work mostly 6:00 AM to 14:30 with half hour lunch. Very high seniority.

Geez, if I had known this, I might have stayed a driver.
Is 40 years enough seniority?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Seriously, if you want to know something about someone for your personal gratification, you can pm them. You can also click on their name and read their about me page. Other than that, if they didnt put it there, it is not important. If you wish to develop a closer relationship, PM. I would tell certain people stuff, I dont want an entire internet to read.

Seriously, if I or someone asks a question your not comfortable answering, just say you would rather not say.
This is also achieved by saying nothing.
Your wife, or a moderator, doesn't have to get upset about it whether she is the founder of the site or not.
The questions were asked in the context of the thread in its present form and were not necessarily designed to be confrontational.
Don't make me or anybody else out to be a villain for asking simple questions.
It was in no way a violation of the sacred TOS, is it?
It is up to the individual as to what degree they wish to qualify their opinion.
I value much of what I read on this site, but rarely derive any "personal gratification" from anything anybody here has to say.

As for derailing this thread, it will take many twists and turns before it finds its way way to a conclusion.
After all, February is a long way from August.