Country Bound

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm curious. With you transferring in does that mean some poor slob at this center gets laid off?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Make sure to always have a supply of dog treats. Don’t listen to those who say don’t feed the dogs. Treats win over the questionable dogs and might save you from dog bites.

Dumbperson

So I got the call and my transfer is final. Getting out of this excrement-hole city and being moved to the country. Any advice from you rural drivers you can dish out that aren’t so obvious to this driver whose only delivered in the city? Btw I’ve lived in the sticks before so I know what it’s like. Just work advice would be awesome. Thanks everybody!
I back into the driveways just enough to get off the road. Carry dog treats. Don't go down minimum maintenance roads.

Overpaid Union Thug

Transfer. Honestly I kind of gave up on the idea. I didn’t think it would ever happen but got the call on Monday. Report to work at the new building May 4th. The center has 30 drivers total. I’m so excited
I was excited too but as a driver I have regretted transferring for the past 10 years or so. The larger buildings are better for job opportunities. In an extended center you will likely be stuck in package like me. In a hub there are numerous other full-time opportunities should you get burn out I’m driving. But if you plan on working part time in side forever then an extended center is sweet.

Last edited:

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Get the #s normal customers with tractors and big truck in case you get stuck. Its an adjustment going from frequent stops to having stretches of 9 to 12 stops in an hour