Covid symptom tracker before work?

Ptrunner

I’m trying to figure this out. I’m awaiting a call from my BA but how does ups get away with telling us to do symptom checker on their website before work. What if we don’t have a thermometer? Or what if we have members that don’t have the internet. They are saying in my building it’s gov mandated.

I get they can say wear mask in the building I think they have that right to do that. They also will see production will to a lot slower because it’s 90 degrees and you can’t breath as well.

Does anyone have any insight on whether they can make you do this on your own time. The most logical way to do this is have supervisor after you punch in take a infrared thermometer and check your temp and sign whatever sheet and book done. Since we don’t do pcm anymore you could quickly get 15 people done during that pcm time.

542thruNthru

I’m trying to figure this out. I’m awaiting a call from my BA but how does ups get away with telling us to do symptom checker on their website before work. What if we don’t have a thermometer? Or what if we have members that don’t have the internet. They are saying in my building it’s gov mandated.

I get they can say wear mask in the building I think they have that right to do that. They also will see production will to a lot slower because it’s 90 degrees and you can’t breath as well.

Does anyone have any insight on whether they can make you do this on your own time. The most logical way to do this is have supervisor after you punch in take a infrared thermometer and check your temp and sign whatever sheet and book done. Since we don’t do pcm anymore you could quickly get 15 people done during that pcm time.

First...

No you do not have to download the app or do a check in online before work.
The company is saying you do because you still have to follow call out procedures. I don't know where you are but here we have to call in sick at least 1 hour before start time.

No you do not have to buy a thermometer.

The EEOC says that the company can ask you the questions and take a temperature before entering the building.

CRG817

Dont do it. CDC and WHO says that a fever alone doesnt mean you have covid. Women can have mild fevers for just being women, gastrointestinal issues can cause fevers. If more stand against it then just complying with it the union will do something. Oh and wearing a mask in extreme sweat conditions can help breed germs on your face.

Returntosender

83B9B620-2395-4421-AA31-E1181E7F6191.jpeg

SLW

If I have to get a temp check/questionnaire before going to the gym, they should be doing them at work where there are 100x more people. But not on my own time, please

AwashBwashCwash

If I have to get a temp check/questionnaire before going to the gym, they should be doing them at work where there are 100x more people. But not on my own time, please

Well they're certainly not going to let you do it after you have clocked in.
That's wasting company time!

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
PCM today was app and masks. If we are doing it it’s a nationwide thing.
To be honest, they might have said something about the app to drivers.
All I know is that they didn't even bother to have a PCM for us part timers this morning.

I had to ask the center manager if we were required too.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
All I know is that they didn't even bother to have a PCM for us part timers this morning.

How many masks does ups have? They’re gonna supply 300k+ masks every single day?

Brownslave688

Better yet if we are taking them on and off each time we come in contact with a customer we should be changing each time. Most drivers should probably be given at least a pack of 50 every day.

Ptrunner

Right now theyre are not making it mandatory. My supervisor said monday they would be checking at guard shack but they are not doing it right now. So i guess not too worried.

The mask though is another story. Its suppose to be company wide. But theyre not enforcing it.

Brownslave688

Right now theyre are not making it mandatory. My supervisor said monday they would be checking at guard shack but they are not doing it right now. So i guess not too worried.

The mask though is another story. Its suppose to be company wide. But theyre not enforcing it.
I honestly am curious how the company thinks they’re going to be able to supply so many masks.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I'm surprised Big Union Man hasn't swept in to offer his wisdom. This company will do as it pleases. The employees should return the favor....lol. (4 dots Big Union Tough Talker. Lol.)