Coyotes stealing our loads !!!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I will say this though, they were running every feeder driver they had. There just wasn't enough.

But that makes you scratch your head even more. Why not hire a few contractors to run some rentals at 18.75 an hour??

Seasonal, no benefits and the union gets initiation fees?

Win/win/win.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
If they wanted to really utilize the drivers they already have contractors could be cut way back. I know the dispatchers hate it because most can't speak English very well..who knew so many Russians would grow up to drive trucks in the USA?

We have contractors running extra zzz trailers to a medium size center 100 miles away. I have triple tripped that numerous times in one shift. Somebody them are bobtailing back.

It 's the same with meet point runs. I hear they uses to turn them into peak sleeper runs but now they use contractors.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I will say this though, they were running every feeder driver they had. There just wasn't enough.

But that makes you scratch your head even more. Why not hire a few contractors to run some rentals at 18.75 an hour??

Because that is not the pay for seasonal feeder drivers. That is for seasonal package drivers.

I believe the rate for seasonal feeder drivers is around $32.

gorilla75jdw

If they wanted to really utilize the drivers they already have contractors could be cut way back. I know the dispatchers hate it because most can't speak English very well..who knew so many Russians would grow up to drive trucks in the USA?

We have contractors running extra zzz trailers to a medium size center 100 miles away. I have triple tripped that numerous times in one shift. Somebody them are bobtailing back.

It 's the same with meet point runs. I hear they uses to turn them into peak sleeper runs but now they use contractors.
It's either Russians or Mexicans . I always pull up to them , take a picture , write down their trailer and truck info. Then gladly tell them to follow me to staging . Cha - Ching lol !!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Or maybe it's STILL cheaper to contract out a load, pay the driver who would have taken it a grievance, and not have to hire a full time equivalent for the entire year instead.

Due to eCommerce, peak is getting peakier, if that makes sense. Peak day is larger than a regular day by a bigger margin than it used to be.

We probably know we're going to have the loads. We know the drivers are going to grieve, and we know we're going to pay the grievance.

We know we have to provide the contractor with some certainty so they'll work with us, which means where we come up with fewer loads, drivers will stay home.

All of that is almost certainly cheaper than hiring another permanent driver, and buying / maintaining another tractor, which is the alternative. More like stepping over a Franklin to grab a gold bar.

And, I'd bet my paycheck all of this was discussed with the Union at a high enough level, and it's leverage for whatever else the Union can negotiate. The Teamsters are not unaware that there are contractors running loads. That's impossible.
E commerce is booming.... They know volume is going up so time to hire some more feeder guys.... Pretty basic end of story

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Anyone on here have a friend or family member who is an owner operator? If so ask if they are on the Coyote load board and get some $$ amounts for the loads they are hauling.

I overheard a driver last night saying his schedule with UPS is set through Christmas...he is hauling to SDFAS and back over and over. It seems they would have to have a decent payment to make them lock in for that length of time.

gorilla75jdw

Just talked to coyote here at White's Creek , his contract is to run loads and empties back and forth to ShopNBC, which is a customer pickup here . Damn shame .

Inthegame

Anyone on here have a friend or family member who is an owner operator? If so ask if they are on the Coyote load board and get some $$ amounts for the loads they are hauling.

I overheard a driver last night saying his schedule with UPS is set through Christmas...he is hauling to SDFAS and back over and over. It seems they would have to have a decent payment to make them lock in for that length of time.
SDFAS is WorldPort in Louisville. Didn't Fred say he stopped all subcontracting?

gorilla75jdw

I wasn't joking, but was hoping to shine that light on it, if it hadn't been already?

Little by little, we fall further and further behind.
It's under each layer of the onion.
Wow , I must of been to far back in my cave in hibernation to fully grasp that my fellow brothers and sisters had been this lost in space . If this is is even a real question? , we have truly ventured out too far into unconsciousness .