Coyotes stealing our loads !!!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Little by little, we fall further and further behind.
It's under each layer of the onion.

It's always been this way. The shiny wheels have never paid dues for as long as we have been using them.

So we are basically staying the same, not falling further behind.

muthatrucka

You know funniest part about using contractors during Christmas? They train feeder drivers 10 months out of the year to be the safest, most highly trained driver on the road. When the heat is on, and it's time to make hay, they hire thousands of drivers to pull the loads while their highly trained $35 an hour feeder drivers pull empties. How moronic?! Amazing that this company makes money despite itself and the people who make decisions!

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
We have plenty of gypos running here. So when I'm done with my shift, and I still have hours available, they are required to work me even if there is nothing to do. If they are running gypos, they are required to give us our 60 hours. My problem is I'm running mileage, and one or two days a week my run gets cut because so many gypos are taking jobs that would typically be run through mileage jobs. So I lose out some money when I switch to hourly because we usually set-up, connect and breakdown our equipment, and fuel and wash our tractors, which is OT on top of mileage pay.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Thankfully, in our yards, they come in our gates and drop their trailers just past that, and then have to park in a designated spot to report to dispatch. If they are caught in the yard, our spotters stop them and instruct them to stay off the yard.

I get the use of contractors during the designated peak periods, per the contract. The problem is, UPS has been using them outside the contract period, and Hoffa either doesn't seem to care, or is powerless to spot them. Either way, it's bad news.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Thankfully, in our yards, they come in our gates and drop their trailers just past that, and then have to park in a designated spot to report to dispatch. If they are caught in the yard, our spotters stop them and instruct them to stay off the yard.

I get the use of contractors during the designated peak periods, per the contract. The problem is, UPS has been using them outside the contract period, and Hoffa either doesn't seem to care, or is powerless to spot them. Either way, it's bad news.
Pretty sure there have been numerous grievances filed across the country so to think the upper crust of the union doesn't know what's going on would be hard to believe...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Guys, if you see more gypos in the yard than "average" then get your BA to press ups to hire more backups....it's happen here in this location ...

over9five

Staff member
Were they in their sweat pants, slippers, and playing on their phones ....
I once saw one park a trailer in our yard, get out of the tractor in his pajama bottoms, and take a piss right there. Add to that he weighed in at about 400 lbs.
I skipped lunch that day....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I once saw one park a trailer in our yard, get out of the tractor in his pajama bottoms, and take a piss right there. Add to that he weighed in at about 400 lbs.
I skipped lunch that day....
Trucking use to be a noble profession.... What the hell happen????

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Trucking use to be a noble profession.... What the hell happen????
83074124.gif