Cradle issues

BrownStains

Pretty ridiculous that drivers need cradles. I learned Atleast 30 different routes blind with no cradles or navigation crap , many of them being heavy industrial business type routes with pickups in stick shifts. Now drivers need cradles? I’m bout to yank this one in my truck out

Sixth Punch Sense

I am a package car delivery driver in Ohio. We are having issues with a lack of cradles for peak. Some drivers went online and bought themselves new cradles to make peak smooth. A bunch of senior drivers are banding together to stop them from using the new cradles. They say we are not allowed to modify our trucks. How is this modifying our truck if it’s the same cradle that the mechanic would supply? Thoughts?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
uRAyYZ2KKSt2.gif

Commercial Inside Release

Yeah, but take a step back and look what's going on here...
UPS spent a billion dollars on the navigation system, and some jackwagon (probably retired) driver bought up ALL the cradles, and is holding them hostage on Ebay.

Better, not Bigger!

Overpaid Union Thug

I think its hilarious. And a good thing. Like the guys that file grievs on people that come in early and load their truck.
Those grievances are valid if they are working off the clock or it’s extra work and seniority was violated.
It does affect them when you have management telling them to use cradles.
LMFAO! Annnnnd? Why wouldn’t you use a cradle? Using a cradle isn’t difficult. It doesn’t even mean you have to follow ORION.

Damn. One would think some of you guys are being asked to move the Rockies to the middle of the Atlantic with a spoon. Ha!

iowa boy

Its pathetic, you can get the part number for the circuit board connected to the pins at the bottom and your center can order the pin set and its a 5 minute job to replace the pins.

Why is it so hard for this new generation to think outside the box? I just dont get it anymore...

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Anybody that relies on a cradle is asking for trouble in the long run. Do as others have suggested, buy a map and learn the route. I get its not bottle feeding that your used to as newbies but it does make you a better driver. Buying a cradle for yourself is a waste of your money.

Cloud

Half the fleet (okay maybe exaggerating a little) are rentals and none of those got cradles. Don't rely on a cradle like some of these new drivers. Being so dependent on a cradle that you can't do a route in a truck without a cradle = crippled for life.

Arch

Anybody that relies on a cradle is asking for trouble in the long run. Do as others have suggested, buy a map and learn the route. I get its not bottle feeding that your used to as newbies but it does make you a better driver. Buying a cradle for yourself is a waste of your money.
You don't need to buy a map. You can just print out a map of whatever route you are doing at one of the computers at your center which also shows where all your delivery and pickups points are.

My center at one point also had the Thomas Guide digital edition software CD where you could zoom in and print out the area that you will be working. It shows the block numbers as well which comes in handy. My center got rid of it when they upgraded the OS because it was no longer compatible.