Cradle issues

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Iā€™ve been here for two years, we just hired 10 new drivers in the last six months. Itā€™s a little chaotic and some of them are worried. Thought I could get some advice. I was wrong, Iā€™ll go back in my hole
983F1C95-BD62-4BAA-AC69-F66215EBD179.jpeg

Stay here long enough and youā€™ll end up looking like this ladyā€¦

BrownStains

Those grievances are valid if they are working off the clock or itā€™s extra work and seniority was violated.

LMFAO! Annnnnd? Why wouldnā€™t you use a cradle? Using a cradle isnā€™t difficult. It doesnā€™t even mean you have to follow ORION.

Damn. One would think some of you guys are being asked to move the Rockies to the middle of the Atlantic with a spoon. Ha!
Some of us were delivering long before cradles and donā€™t need them to figure out where we are going. Why canā€™t you do your job without a cradle? You should be able to do this job without a cradle

Steamer

I guess itā€™s to much effort now for drivers to learn a route and actually know where an address is .
It's funny reading all these comments about learning a route and doing it without a cradle. As a cover driver I have mastered a few routes and come in up to 2 hours faster scratching out. The bid drivers that are always 200 clicks over actually whine about it. But that being said it sure isn't easy or convenient without mapping. They also didn't give drivers 150-250 stops a day back then either. The drivers that always say to learn a route are right. But that being said it's not just that easy to run 150-250 stops just learning 10 routes in 10 days. Those that say this kind of stuff have been on their routes months if not years. It's almost laughable to even compare the two.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

Some of us were delivering long before cradles and donā€™t need them to figure out where we are going. Why canā€™t you do your job without a cradle? You should be able to do this job without a cradle
Congratulations. But thatā€™s no incredible feat. All of us old timers did that. Putting a DIAD into a cradle isnā€™t a big deal. A bunch of drivers ā€œbanding togetherā€ to keep others from using their own (pathetic as that is) is worse than what they are trying to stop. They should mind their own business. I donā€™t need the cradle to run ORION. I will run it with or without a cradle. Why? Because ORION has reduced my stop count while the drivers senior to me, including 30+ year drivers, in my loop get more because they are stubborn and canā€™t get over themselves.

Last edited:

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Congratulations. But thatā€™s no incredible feat. All of us old timers did that. Putting a DIAD into a cradle isnā€™t a big deal. A bunch of drivers ā€œbanding togetherā€ to keep others from using their own (pathetic as that is) is worse than what they are trying to stop. They should mind their own business. I donā€™t need the cradle to run ORION. I will run it with or without a cradle. Why? Because ORION has reduced my stop count while the drivers senior to me, including 30+ year drivers, in my loop get more because they are stubborn and canā€™t get over themselves.

Not everybody gets off on taking as long as possible to do the same amount of work. Orion is garbage.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

The company refuses to supply us with new cradles. They are waiting for the upgrade. So are these new driver supposed to go out with 230 stops, no helper, no navigation, spending $100 sounds a lot better than 14 hour days
Believe it or not youngster, in the age before the cradle thatā€™s actually exactly how ya did it. Thatā€™s why weā€™re paid the big bucks. Thereā€™s this mythical ancient technology called paper... and on this paper people put something called a... map on it. I knew from day one these cradles were going to dumb down the workforce and make everyone complacent. I stopped using mine because I actually started to forget my route by blindly looking at the mapnav even though I knew where to go.

MostHelpNeeded

You guys are brutal. I get it. I was a swing driver for years. Did routes pre-RDO, with RDO and now with ORION. How many of you have learned a route with ORION? With ED, you could get through the day blind just following the DIAD. We all know how much of a failure ORION is, but trying to learn a route blind without nav is not the same anymore. The way the route gets all jumbled up makes it hard to just follow along.

But yeah, buying your own cradle!?! No lol

Overpaid Union Thug

Not everybody gets off on taking as long as possible to do the same amount of work. Orion is garbage.
If someone gets off on that then they have issues as well. But I do get a kick out of listening to everyone else bitch about their stop counts and canā€™t figure out why they keep going up.

And I can tell you that, based on what I see in my center, that those of us that follow ORION seem happier and less stressed out than everyone else that refuses to.

We show up to work. Grab our DIADS, Chill for a few minutes. Then follow ORION. And the subject of stops, miles, and whatever else stresses everyone else out, never comes up unless one of the stressed out drivers brings it up.

Most of us that follow and it show up later than the rest. When we get there those cowards are wandering around looking like stressed out lost, depressed, suicidal teenage girls while vigorously scrolling their manifest trying to unscramble and memorize them. They mentally put in between 30 minutes to an hour of work before they are even on the clock. LMFAO! Pathetic!

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

It seems as if we had two different types of people at work here on this topic. The cradle bitches. Drivers that think they absolutely must have a cradle in order to function.

Thickheaded stubborn drivers that refuse to change no matter what. Even if it benefits them. So bad to the point where they feel that they must stop others from excepting the change.

The trick is to not be in either of those two categories. Those of us that arenā€™t mostly fall into the ā€œI donā€™t give a crap anymoreā€ category. And most of us are much happier for it.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
It seems as if we had two different types of people at work here on this topic. The cradle bitches. Drivers that think they absolutely must have a cradle in order to function.

Thickheaded stubborn drivers that refuse to change no matter what. Even if it benefits them. So bad to the point where they feel that they must stop others from excepting the change.

The trick is to not be in either of those two categories. Those of us that arenā€™t mostly fall into the ā€œI donā€™t give a crap anymoreā€ category. And most of us are much happier for it.
Agreed. Iā€™ve learned to not fight this stuff. If thereā€™s a cradle, Iā€™ll use it. But Iā€™ve learned tons of routes blind before cradles and Orion, so Iā€™m fine without it.

Anybody that relies on a cradle is asking for trouble in the long run. Do as others have suggested, buy a map and learn the route. I get its not bottle feeding that your used to as newbies but it does make you a better driver. Buying a cradle for yourself is a waste of your money.
If a cradle only costs $100 and I could simply plug it into any pkg car that doesnā€™t have a working one. That would probably be much cheaper than trying to find a paper map these days. [@ $40 an hour and waisted money spent on a few useless maps, I easily spent $700]

After my last transfer, had to learn 40 routes my first year on my phone (IF I HAVE CELL SERVICE) because I couldnā€™t get any detailed maps. I support buying a cheap cradle, especially if you are learning 40+ routes a year.