Cradle issues

trickpony1

After my last transfer, had to learn 40 routes my first year on my phone (IF I HAVE CELL SERVICE) because I couldn’t get any detailed maps. I support buying a cheap cradle, especially if you are learning 40+ routes a year.
GPS is relatively inexpensive and more applicable to the needs of a pkg car driver.
It's "hands free" via a suction cup on the windshield and you can take it home with you.

Opportunistic helping.

GPS is relatively inexpensive and more applicable to the needs of a pkg car driver.
It's "hands free" via a suction cup on the windshield and you can take it home with you.

Opportunistic helping.
Just like a cradle. A working cradle will charge the battery (very helpful when you start at 20% when you leave). And will often take you to the place of delivery. For example something addressed to the house but is delivered to the farm/barn on a different road. If I were a newer driver, (trained with MAP NAV) would opt for the cradle over GPS. As an old driver who often does routes blind, I also would choose cradle over GPS.

rod

Retired 22 years
You don't need to buy a map. You can just print out a map of whatever route you are doing at one of the computers at your center which also shows where all your delivery and pickups points are.

My center at one point also had the Thomas Guide digital edition software CD where you could zoom in and print out the area that you will be working. It shows the block numbers as well which comes in handy. My center got rid of it when they upgraded the OS because it was no longer compatible.
Damn you guys have it easy now. No wonder they have you running twice the stops we used to.

nWo

I mean I wouldn't pay my own money from a cradle from eBay. But if you did. Leave the building. Put in the one you bought. And put the broken one back when you finish for the night. Nobody will know unless you tell them.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I mean I wouldn't pay my own money from a cradle from eBay. But if you did. Leave the building. Put in the one you bought. And put the broken one back when you finish for the night. Nobody will know unless you tell them.
Where I’m at, they post the previous day’s Orion numbers every morning. The vast majority of the cradles don’t work, so it would look quite fishy if the same cover drivers have 100% cradle usage every day no matter what truck they’re in.

summersaltstains

The company refuses to supply us with new cradles. They are waiting for the upgrade. So are these new driver supposed to go out with 230 stops, no helper, no navigation, spending $100 sounds a lot better than 14 hour days
I wouldn’t count on the cradle preventing 14 hour days. My first peak with a cradle was by far my heaviest.