Crap. I have a hernia.

rod

Retired 22 years
2 of them. I loved it

We had a driver that had a comp injury 5 or six years in a row over peak. He got so brazen about it he would brag that "it was about that time". Management (and most of his co workers) hated him for it but nothing ever happened because of it. He retired just like everyone else.

Johney

No idea what you mean
Here you must go to the Dr. at least once a year before one year to keep an injury case open. So, if you had a hernia and had surgery but didn't keep it open and got another and it was even remotely connected to the original they could and would deny your claim.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have an indirect inguinal hernia. Not sure that I can prove that it happened at ups. But I know it did. I'm a small woman in preload. Filing a claim sounds like a nightmare and I don't have insurance yet. Any advice?
Don't show these sickos your scar. You know they are getting all inflamed thinking about it.

IESucks

Here you must go to the Dr. at least once a year before one year to keep an injury case open. So, if you had a hernia and had surgery but didn't keep it open and got another and it was even remotely connected to the original they could and would deny your claim.
Didn't need to keep anything open, different hernias in diff locations. Once I returned to work it was closed

lurker123

I have an indirect inguinal hernia. Not sure that I can prove that it happened at ups. But I know it did. I'm a small woman in preload. Filing a claim sounds like a nightmare and I don't have insurance yet. Any advice?
Are you sure about the type of hernia? That specific type of hernia is much more commonly seen in males than females... regardless, tell your supervisor that you need to report an injury. They will ask you what day the injury occurred, and they'll ask why you didn't report it immediately. Management is required to report all injuries into the system within 24hrs, so if the date of the injury doesn't match the entry date they'll have some explaining to do to their boss. They'll likely have to do a write up explaining why their employee wasn't trained on the proper reporting procedures, and what they plan on doing to prevent this issue from happening again. They won't be happy about that, so you might feel some of that frustration. For your own sake, report even the slightest injury as it happens. Pass the burden onto someone else. You don't have to go to the clinic just because you've reported an injury.

The laws regarding coverage of aggravated pre-existing injuries vary by state. I wouldn't even worry about that at this point though. Just report it.