Crap. I have a hernia.

DOK

I once had a hernia. It was discovered during my physical, so I had no idea how or when it happened. Someone, a UPS nurse I think, asked me how I suppose I had done it. "Lifting heavy boxes at UPS", I answered. Nothing else happened, I went on comp, had it fixed.
Just sayin', anyone who suggests this happened outside of UPS is gonna look like a fool. You lift heavy items every day for a living, of course that's where it happened.
Maybe they'll screw with people they think they can get away with it with, maybe I'm the type they know not to fool with, I don't know.
But I'd file that claim right away.
You already went to a doctor? So what, you had a pain you wanted checked out. Now you're filing because OF COURSE it happened at work.
Haven't gone to a doctor yet? I'd lean towards doing what @IESucks said just to be safe.
Good luck, either way file tomorrow.

I’ve seen hernia’s denied. Best to attach the hernia to an incident at work.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
geesus.....you gotta get that taken care of. and file a claim. you can get fired for NOT filing a claim . and something comes up later on and this comes out.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I have an indirect inguinal hernia. Not sure that I can prove that it happened at ups. But I know it did. I'm a small woman in preload. Filing a claim sounds like a nightmare and I don't have insurance yet. Any advice?

Had a fellow driver say the same thing to me and asked my advice since I've had 3 at ups. I told him to pick a time during his day on his route that he felt a pull or strain in his abdomen/ crotch area. I told him to call in and report it at the exact time and place and what he was trying to lift correctly.(pick a heavy box) He said that even though he's sure it was ups's fault he didn't think he should. Long story short, they denied the workers comp claim because he couldn't pinpoint the time and place. He was out 6 weeks with no pay. The only thing is if you've already seen a doctor your out of luck. You can still claim it was ups's fault but I strongly suggest you have a date and time to pinpoint it on. And what you were lifting or struggling with. Good luck

So you are not sure you did it at UPS. I consider it Workmans Comp Fraud if you file a claim. If you do what any of these other knuckle heads suggest ITS FRAUD. Doing a little research for everyone:

What is an inguinal hernia?
There are two types of inguinal hernias:

• Direct: Develops over time due to straining and is caused by weakness in the abdominal muscles. Most common in adult males and rare in children.
  • Indirect: Caused by a defect in the abdominal wall that will typically have been present since birth. Most common in children, it affects up to 5 percent of newborns and up to 30 percent of premature babies. Often, it is discovered in the first year of life but can remain undetected until adulthood.
I am sure it happened at UPS....go figure.

F

Frankie's Friend

So you are not sure you did it at UPS. I consider it Workmans Comp Fraud if you file a claim. If you do what any of these other knuckle heads suggest ITS FRAUD. Doing a little research for everyone:

• Direct: Develops over time due to straining and is caused by weakness in the abdominal muscles. Most common in adult males and rare in children.
  • Indirect: Caused by a defect in the abdominal wall that will typically have been present since birth. Most common in children, it affects up to 5 percent of newborns and up to 30 percent of premature babies. Often, it is discovered in the first year of life but can remain undetected until adulthood.
The topic wasn't hemorrhoid. Go back to your cave.
PS: we don't care what you consider things to be.

F

Frankie's Friend

Had a fellow driver say the same thing to me and asked my advice since I've had 3 at ups. I told him to pick a time during his day on his route that he felt a pull or strain in his abdomen/ crotch area. I told him to call in and report it at the exact time and place and what he was trying to lift correctly.(pick a heavy box) He said that even though he's sure it was ups's fault he didn't think he should. Long story short, they denied the workers comp claim because he couldn't pinpoint the time and place. He was out 6 weeks with no pay. The only thing is if you've already seen a doctor your out of luck. You can still claim it was ups's fault but I strongly suggest you have a date and time to pinpoint it on. And what you were lifting or struggling with. Good luck
You have 30 days to file an osha recordable injury. That's the law.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

Thanks for the laugh. Like UPS never committed fraud........like every damn day.

F

Frankie's Friend

Comp fraud is nothing to laugh about.
The way you cross a street is:rolleyes:
9ad-1.gif

wayfair

swollen member

Holy Sheet!!!!

He's a friend ukin doctor too????

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

Yawn

Johney

Keep your day job.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Just confirms what I posted. You would rather commit fraud than admit you didn't do it at work (not talking about the original poster).

Keep up the great Teamster reputation.