Crickets Chirping...

vantexan

Yet you stay on here day and night bitching. You don't work here no more. Quit letting it run your life. Move on.

Nope, as long as you're on here singing the company's praises I'll be pointing out their faults. Which I wasn't even doing earlier but you attacked me anyways.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I’m guessing Petrified Gas is still actively spreading glad tidings of comfort and joy....either that or van’s having quite the convo with himself! :wink-very:

Oldfart

Nope, as long as you're on here singing the company's praises I'll be pointing out their faults. Which I wasn't even doing earlier but you attacked me anyways.
Like I said, bitching and whining is ALL you know. I worked at UPS years ago and I never go on their site and don't care what goes on there. I worked at a gas station years ago and yet I don't care what goes on there now. You quit Fedex and you stay on here constantly moaning and crying and you don't even work there any more. Get a life dude.

MAKAVELI

It is not an option because only an idiot would take it. Kinda like someone on here. Lets look at his story.

1. He cries CONSTANTLY that his pension is too small because the company changed it.
2. He brags that he can live on half of his 22k pension. I thought it was too small.
3. Now I figured out he took the WORST option possible on his pension.
4. Should something happen to him today, his wife gets NOTHING from his pension.
5. He is an idiot for making that choice and not looking past "fast" money.
The only person ignorant is one who thinks they know what's right for everyone. The bottom line is no one lives forever and if the the option gives him a better way of life for a period of time who are we to judge? Just because someone retires doesn't mean that is the end of their ability to earn $. He could use his time to invest, start a business, or find a job to earn and save when he is unable to.

vantexan

Like I said, bitching and whining is ALL you know. I worked at UPS years ago and I never go on their site and don't care what goes on there. I worked at a gas station years ago and yet I don't care what goes on there now. You quit Fedex and you stay on here constantly moaning and crying and you don't even work there any more. Get a life dude.
Why did you leave UPS for FedEx? Big mistake. Absolute idiocy. Only a fool would do that. Say fool!

floridays

The only person ignorant is one who thinks they know what's right for everyone. The bottom line is no one lives forever and if the the option gives him a better way of life for a period of time who are we to judge? Just because someone retires doesn't mean that is the end of their ability to earn $. He could use his time to invest, start a business, or find a job to earn and save when he is unable to.
Couldn't be said any better.

Oldfart

Unlike you, I have the ability to read and use it daily. The articles I read emphasized that plan was almost the worst of all options with maybe the lump sum being worst. I realize retirement is not "1 size fits all" but for a person to whine about money, leaving a considerable amount of money on the table when they claim to be a money guru is hilarious. Plus he leaves his wife high and dry when he dies. His insurance policy he claims to have bought must cost a fortune if he has all the health issues he said. He went for quick money and cost himself plenty.

Last edited:

Oldfart

Why did you leave UPS for FedEx? Big mistake. Absolute idiocy. Only a fool would do that. Say fool!
Worked out great for me. I will soon retire with almost 100% of my working income and will continue to live the good life. Your career at Fedex didn't work out too good for you. You retired almost broke, bad health and bitter and you were mistreated by over 70 members of management and your coworkers hated you because you bitched all the time. Bummer

vantexan

Worked out great for me. I will soon retire with almost 100% of my working income and will continue to live the good life. Your career at Fedex didn't work out too good for you. You retired almost broke, bad health and bitter and you were mistreated by over 70 members of management and your coworkers hated you because you bitched all the time. Bummer
Another post by the Christian liar. My coworkers always counted on me to help out. My mgrs, even the not so nice ones, always counted on me to work days off, including every Mother's Day Sunday and Christmas Day. This is what you can't get through your thick skull. Like tens of thousands of others I gave plenty to the company. They took, and took, and took, and gave very little back. For almost 15 years I watched guys like you get decent pay while I and so many others had to settle for a lot less. All the while managers were saying the company cares, they're looking at midrange pay, hang in there, you'll top out in 7 to 8 years. And the one thing I was hanging on for, the traditional pension, was taken away. And the economy tanked so had nowhere to go. Then health issues became a problem so pretty much stuck. Just like tens of thousands of others. Look at the employee I.D. numbers. A lot of people came and went because FedEx wasn't the company they represented themselves to be. And yet you'll defend them because you got in early and it worked out for you. Good for you. But you make like if we didn't do as well it's because we were lazy, etc. I'll still put my numbers up against yours any day. And looking back I was foolish to work that hard for people who don't reward hard work. But am I complaining about my current life? Nope, it's great to do whatever I want when I want, within reason of course. You're still working, because you're afraid of life without your job. Others here have to work and I bet many would move on if they didn't. You don't, but you're afraid of what's on the other side without your precious company. You are psychologically dependent. Sad, really. You just can't grasp it's better without them. Bummer.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Another post by the Christian liar. My coworkers always counted on me to help out. My mgrs, even the not so nice ones, always counted on me to work days off, including every Mother's Day Sunday and Christmas Day. This is what you can't get through your thick skull. Like tens of thousands of others I gave plenty to the company. They took, and took, and took, and gave very little back. For almost 15 years I watched guys like you get decent pay while I and so many others had to settle for a lot less. All the while managers were saying the company cares, they're looking at midrange pay, hang in there, you'll top out in 7 to 8 years. And the one thing I was hanging on for, the traditional pension, was taken away. And the economy tanked so had nowhere to go. Then health issues became a problem so pretty much stuck. Just like tens of thousands of others. Look at the employee I.D. numbers. A lot of people came and went because FedEx wasn't the company they represented themselves to be. And yet you'll defend them because you got in early and it worked out for you. Good for you. But you make like if we didn't do as well it's because we were lazy, etc. I'll still put my numbers up against yours any day. And looking back I was foolish to work that hard for people who don't reward hard work. But am I complaining about my current life? Nope, it's great to do whatever I want when I want, within reason of course. You're still working, because you're afraid of life without your job. Others here have to work and I bet many would move on if they didn't. You don't, but you're afraid of what's on the other side without your precious company. You are psychologically dependent. Sad, really. You just can't grasp it's better without them. Bummer.
You’re allowing him to have free rent in your head. Put him on ignore like the rest of us did.

vantexan

You’re allowing him to have free rent in your head. Put him on ignore like the rest of us did.
Maybe you're right. Thought we had an understanding that I wouldn't attack the company if he wouldn't attack me. But he takes anything I write as an attack. So think I'm going to put him on ignore and have a daily THIS IS WHAT THE COMPANY DID post.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Maybe you're right. Thought we had an understanding that I wouldn't attack the company if he wouldn't attack me. But he takes anything I write as an attack. So think I'm going to put him on ignore and have a daily THIS IS WHAT THE COMPANY DID post.
His method IS to personally attack. Not even worth talking to him.

dezguy

Dude, he's a troll, nothing more. He gets off on antagonizing. Why do you think he's constantly attacking your posts? Because he knows he'll get a response. You're never going to get him to see your side because he doesn't want to see your side, all he wants is to get you going for his amusement.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Old Fart becomes the insignificant gnat he is, once you put him on ignore. He inflates to irritating only when he has an audience. He adds nothing to the conversation. He seeks attention in the only way he knows how, by disparaging others. Ignore is what he deserves.