Crickets Chirping...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I think it is an excellent sample size . Considering each manager goes through the same training, the same exact materials, it is a standardized program. They are cutting cookies that are hopefully identical in their perfect business world. Lets not play a game, basically each courier that responds to you relays this to you. 59 you still haven't got it. I can actually see a lot of your intelligence but you have really missed something, it may be clouded by the fact that managers shovel manure based on talking points from you superiors. That is not managing, that is being a messenger boy or girl, whichever applies. I hope you are going into corrections (penal) or you may find yourself insufficient to the task.
Only my opinion, don't get unhinged like most fedex managers would. I'm sure you've been versed in how to respond an attack like this. I await the corporate approved management response.

There are certain ideas that circulate within the peanut gallery.

59 Dano

He's ditching the company with no notice to "show em who's boss" because he's "time and again" tried to work with his senior and director and whoever else and is Fredup. Throw your team under the bus and give the uppers a "plan" of correction. OR...dano is on the verge of being terminated for leadership failure. That would be an epic plot twist.

It's peculiar that he has a problem with my sentiment towards FX "leadership" but he's gonna quit because of them. Good one Dano.

Nah, pretty simple. There were some things with a couple of people that were not resolved and were handled in an unprofessional manner, to say the least. An opportunity arose and I took it.

floridays

There are certain ideas that circulate within the peanut gallery.
That's pretty rich, and extremely condescending. You clowns despise any subordinate that is wiser, more honest about facts, and can actually think on their feet without needing talking points, or a superior, spoon feeding them their Gerber upper management whatever the flavor of the day is. You know as well as I do if you don't kiss their rear end your rear end is looking for a new way to pay your mortgage.
Enjoy the fit you are throwing, please take out more than three suits and develop your own management style quickly, you're soon to be a new rat in an old barn. Fedex management techniques aren't roundly appreciated by common worker peanuts in other galleries either.

59 Dano

That's pretty rich, and extremely condescending.

There are people who engage in wild, mindless speculation about things they know nothing about. Call them whatever you want. I call them the peanut gallery. YMMV.

You clowns despise any subordinate that is wiser, more honest about facts, and can actually think on their feet without needing talking points, or a superior, spoon feeding them their Gerber upper management whatever the flavor of the day is. You know as well as I do if you don't kiss their rear end your rear end is looking for a new way to pay your mortgage.

I took my kid to an autograph signing for our NFL team. There was another fan there talking with either the team's GM or VP of something, telling him who they should trade, draft, release and which plays they should run, and so on. My kid said the guy sounded like he knew a lot of football talk. My reply was that if he knew what he was talking about, he wouldn't be wearing a jersey standing in line waiting for an autograph like the rest of us -- he'd be working in the NFL.

TL;DR: People on the outside don't know what they're talking about, and that's why they're on the outside.

Enjoy the fit you are throwing, please take out more than three suits and develop your own management style quickly, you're soon to be a new rat in an old barn. Fedex management techniques aren't roundly appreciated by common worker peanuts in other galleries either.

Thanks for your valuable, informed advice!

59 Dano

Couriers are close enough to what goes on to realize many of those insider managers don't have a clue either.

They're also pretty good at deciding that because they've had a handful of bad managers, then "ZOMG THEY'RE ALL CLUELESS!!11"

vantexan

They're also pretty good at deciding that because they've had a handful of bad managers, then "ZOMG THEY'RE ALL CLUELESS!!11"
Have seen more than a handful fired and demoted. And plenty more hanging on for dear life. And plenty strutting around like they're God's gift. And have seen some great ones too. It's the arrogant streak that ultimately burns a lot of them.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You seem to be taking personal affront to the allegations. Back home, we used to say "guilty dog barks loudest". You yourself are casting aspersions at your co-workers. That smacks of a Superiority Complex.

59 Dano

Have seen more than a handful fired and demoted. And plenty more hanging on for dear life. And plenty strutting around like they're God's gift. And have seen some great ones too. It's the arrogant streak that ultimately burns a lot of them.

Once again, you are limited to your own experiences, which is fine if you take that for what it is.

59 Dano

You seem to be taking personal affront to the allegations. Back home, we used to say "guilty dog barks loudest". You yourself are casting aspersions at your co-workers. That smacks of a Superiority Complex.

Nah, no offense taken. He's just being dense. Not much different than making sweeping remarks about black people when you've only known a handful or any other similar example.

vantexan

Nah, no offense taken. He's just being dense. Not much different than making sweeping remarks about black people when you've only known a handful or any other similar example.
As I've said, I've worked directly for or with about 70 seniors and ops mgrs, maybe a few more, in different areas of the country. That doesn't count mgrs sent over to help out, or mgrs I met at stations I was sent to help out. Doesn't count numerous mgrs at the Hub I observed. Nor a number of directors who dropped by. Ten percent may be too severe, so I'll say maybe 20% of them were good mgrs as people persons. Maybe 40% were competent at running a station. I'll be more generous this time. But statisticians use samples of thousands to extrapolate what occurs in millions, so I think for the size group we're talking about I have a decent sized statistical sample. You see a professional management corps, I see a team of unequals. Bet your experience working with various mgrs is considerably less than mine. But of course you're naturally superior so that overrides decades of experience dealing with FedEx management.