Crickets Chirping...

Oldfart

Shania spent a week in Lake Placid preparing for a world tour. I was delivering to the arena and was able to watch part of her rehearsal. Very talented and very beautiful.
I actually think my wife would give me a pass on a night with Shania. If I could only get Shania to agree.

floridays

I want to see a Redsox game at Fenway Park.

I want to see touchdown Jesus in South Bend at a Notre Dame game.

I want to see Bama and Oklahoma, my 2 favorite teams, play for a National Championship.

I want to attend a Barrett Jackson car auction in Scottsdale and bang the gavel on a sold car.

I want to attend a Nascar race at all 23 tracks. I am up to 15 and will add Daytona next February. Saw a Supercross race there, but not cars yet.
I have one that involves Shania Twain but I will keep that to myself.
I would be satisfied if I checked those off my list. Some are more probable than others.
Gotta make it yankees- red sox, you ever been to the swamp?

Oldfart

Gotta make it yankees- red sox, you ever been to the swamp?
I saw the Yankees and the Sox at Yankee stadium. When the bleacher creatures do their roll call, it is amazing.

I visited the swamp when I went to Gainesville for an NHRA race but not for a football game.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I saw the Yankees and the Sox at Yankee stadium. When the bleacher creatures do their roll call, it is amazing.

I visited the swamp when I went to Gainesville for an NHRA race but not for a football game.

Were you at the old or new stadium?

My daughter and I went to the new one several years ago. Beautiful facility.

floridays

People can rag on me for my loyalty to the company all they want. Doesn't bother me.

Is the company perfect? Not hardly.
Have they always done its people right? No way.

All I know is that I have a high school education and will make close to 70k this year. I have put in over 40 years with a company that never has never laid me off, cut my hourly salary or expected more out of me than I expect from myself.

In return, I have made a decent living and raised my kids and helped them go to college and provided for me and my wife to soon retire very comfortably because of a conservative lifestyle. I think those facts make it easy to be loyal.
I understand that totally OF, many of us were made the same "promises" you were, unfortunately the rug was pulled out from under us before we got what you did. Do you understand a lot of us have a completely different view of fedex. If we were all in your place there would be minimal bitching, probably the same bitching you do each day at work. Got it, if you don't get it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Have a mighty big opinion of your importance. The place ran well before you, it will run just fine after you. Just as it has after thousands of others have left. Not many people aren't replaceable.

"Some people will be inconvenienced and a few are going to have some bad days" and "Just glad that leaving will cause a lot of problems for the people who earned them"

That's not quite predicting the end of the world.

floridays

Facility, that's all no ghosts no past, no taking your grandson telling him about a catch Mantle made over there, or where he hit the facade there. You're right though it's a nice facility.

Oldfart

New one. I went the first year the new one opened and you could see the old one. That sent chills down my spine. The next time I went the old one was torn down and the municipal ballfields were in its place. I had to get there early and visit Monument Park. WOW!!.

I have seen the Cards and the Cubs at both Busch and Wrigley. Good rivalry.

59 Dano

I want to see Bama and Oklahoma, my 2 favorite teams, play for a National Championship.

A guy named Clay Travis wrote a series of columns ranking the 10 dumbest fanbases in the nation. UK basketball was #2, Alabama football was #1.

Not that I'm saying anything.

Oldfart

"Some people will be inconvenienced and a few are going to have some bad days" and "Just glad that leaving will cause a lot of problems for the people who earned them"

That's not quite predicting the end of the world.
No. But predicting your leaving will cause lots of problems is pretty laughable. I have seen hundreds of people leave. Problems arise for a few days, then they are forgotten and life goes on.

Oldfart

A guy named Clay Travis wrote a series of columns ranking the 10 dumbest fanbases in the nation. UK basketball was #2, Alabama football was #1.

Not that I'm saying anything.
Dumb? Most successful and nearly the most championships is my kind of dumb.

59 Dano

Shania spent a week in Lake Placid preparing for a world tour. I was delivering to the arena and was able to watch part of her rehearsal. Very talented and very beautiful.

She's a strange one. She was breaking records for a while and then nothing. Also, as popular as her music was it didn't age well at all.