CSPF awarded 36 billion.

542thruNthru

Thought I'd post this. I know there has been a lot of talk about it.
sketch-1670532862685.jpg

Johney

Do others that made bad investments get a payout too?
Although I’m happy cause I’m part of CSPF I gotta agree. Money collected for me from UPS then a buy out of my pension and all that money was pissed away. Makes me wonder how long before they piss that away.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Although I’m happy cause I’m part of CSPF I gotta agree. Money collected for me from UPS then a buy out of my pension and all that money was pissed away. Makes me wonder how long before they piss that away.
Decades went by and plan administrators did nothing. Now they get taxpayer money? No strings attached? It's no different than student loan bailouts.

oldngray

nowhere special
Decades went by and plan administrators did nothing. Now they get taxpayer money? No strings attached? It's no different than student loan bailouts.
Except the students promised to pay back those loans and the pensions were promised to the retirees. You could compare them if you held them both to the same standard of following the promised agreements.

Wally

Except the students promised to pay back those loans and the pensions were promised to the retirees. You could compare them if you held them both to the same standard of following the promised agreements.
Pension administration had decades to make changes, did nothing.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
So when all these public pension funds across the US that are in trouble go into default are we gonna bail them out to?

Wally

Did the Central Fund choose to forgo raises as tough guy Sean said? It's been decades. Did plan administrators do anything?

1670589211196.png

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Pension administration had decades to make changes, did nothing.

Uh....

Yes they did.

Back in 2002 they reduced the accrual rate, in order to (try and) shore up two decades of declining participants

due to the deregulation of the trucking industry. It helped a little.... but not enough.

That 6.4 Billion disappeared like a fart in the wind.... but, that was due to the economy and the stock market.

I get the impression, some people think the Teamsters are managing the investments ?

Did the Central Fund choose to forgo raises as tough guy Sean said? It's been decades. Did plan administrators do anything?

View attachment 410273

UPS Teamsters, tend to only think in terms of UPS.

Without knowing the details of any other company in a multi-employer fund....

People don't know what others have given up. Ask someone from YRC.

Wally

Uh....

Yes they did.

Back in 2002 they reduced the accrual rate, in order to (try and) shore up two decades of declining participants

due to the deregulation of the trucking industry. It helped a little.... but not enough.

That 6.4 Billion disappeared like a fart in the wind.... but, that was due to the economy and the stock market.

I get the impression, some people think the Teamsters are managing the investments ?

UPS Teamsters, tend to only think in terms of UPS.

Without knowing the details of any other company in a multi-employer fund....

People don't know what others have given up. Ask someone from YRC.
Who set up that raw deal? Seem to me you stop paying in, you stop collecting. The lawyers weren't that smart.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Biden’s piggy bank is going to solve everyone’s problems all over the world! He must be the 2nd coming of Jesus! People that was upset about other people getting Biden money are now getting Biden money and before long everybody will be getting a piece of the action and singing praises the the money king. Hallelujah.