Current UPS Supervisor Thinking about Job CHange

dumbsup

Need a little advice from my partners. I am considering leaving big brown after 13 years. I love the company and the people but I am finding it harder to swallow the mgt line when it's do more and we will give you less.
I have a few offers from established companies that are 25-30K more per year in base salary alone, not including bonus. Any thoughts and should I speak with my division manager before I resign?:confused:1

25 year vet

Need a little advice from my partners. I am considering leaving big brown after 13 years. I love the company and the people but I am finding it harder to swallow the mgt line when it's do more and we will give you less.
I have a few offers from established companies that are 25-30K more per year in base salary alone, not including bonus. Any thoughts and should I speak with my division manager before I resign?:confused:1

Sup,
I think a lot of people in your situation are considering a move like yours. Don't burn any bridges. If you have a fairly good relationship with your DM, I would talk to him/her. Be professional and express your reasons for leaving. I think they need to hear it. Do more for less is becoming a common thread for our management team. There's opportunity out there, and if you're young enough, take advantage. Good luck.

traveler

Where next? Venice

Go ahead and talk to him if you have pretty much decided to go.

Just don't tell him who offered the job at that much more... he just might try for it himself. :bored: :eek: :bored:

dragracer66

Any time a tie want's to leave is a good thing. The only advise I can give is...don't let the door hit you in the as$ when you leave!!!! Just kidding!!! GOOD LUCK:thumbup1:

No Talent Clown

Why ask a question that you know the answer to? You've already made our decision mentally....you just need reassurance. My question is....are there other contributing factors that you did not mention? Were you bypassed on a MGR promotion?...etc...

25yrvet

Our ctr has a 'kid' for an on car sup. He's the BEST sup I've ever seen & is respected by every driver, but is dumped on by the LAZY ctr mgr. I know we're gonna loose him and it's a shame. So dumbsup, if your situation is anything like this LEAVE & don't look back.

dumbsup

Not me, but when the best canidate is passed over in favor of a less qualified woman, what chance do I have, I have been ready now for 4 years and getting tired...

hoser

Industrial Slob
i'm curious hoser, what is your position within the company?
part time midnight package handler, formerly cover driver, soon to be pt midnight shift trainer.

i've quit jobs thinking they were so horrible, only to realise how good that job really was. hence, my restrained reply insisting that a change in career be thought and carried out very carefully.

sendagain

Having a great paying job is fine if it is secure. Many companies get acquired and then the new company starts replacing the positions with their people. Few companies have the security that UPS has, and most of them have no pension plan except a 401k.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
part time midnight package handler, formerly cover driver, soon to be pt midnight shift trainer.

i've quit jobs thinking they were so horrible, only to realise how good that job really was. hence, my restrained reply insisting that a change in career be thought and carried out very carefully.

you sound more intelligent than 3/4 the sup i knew, you have my vote for fulltime sup!!:laugh:

hoser

Industrial Slob
you sound more intelligent than 3/4 the sup i knew, you have my vote for fulltime sup!!:laugh:
awww, that warmed my bowels of my heart :blushing:

i'm here to be a sup and see where it takes me. yet for some reason i forsee myself jumping ship once i get enough supervisory experience....