Customer Requests Assistance (800 Provided 6 Different Answers)

dan1431

Hi,

I have a package shipped from HK (Lenovo) and it seems to have frozen in SDF (Louisville, KY).

I have called the 800 number and after a USA based rep answers the phone I am transferred to the International Package Group who seemed to be outsourced (to India) and each International agent I speak with gives me a different reason as to why my package is not progressing as it should.

Reasons I have been given:
  1. The tracking info has frozen, but it has progressed through the system and will be delivered today.
  2. The package is stuck in Louisville due to it being mishandled.
  3. The package is on the truck.
  4. The package is at the depot.
  5. The package is currently delayed for unknown reasons and I should contact LENOVO to ship out another one.
  6. The package is being located (whatever the means).

I spoke with the UPS store (used My Choice to have it delivered there due to it being Signature Required) and they have never just seen a package tracking info just freeze and attempted to look into from their end but was promised a return phone which they have not received.

I am happy to provide the tracking number, but did not feel comfortable just putting it out there in the open, so if anybody can help, I would happily PM or email the tracking info.

Again, I do realize this is not a CS channel but I am a bit frustrated at this point and if one of you all could I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dan

S

serenity now

If you consider that to be an insult you have really thin skin.

Now, if I had said, "Hey, maroon, read much?", you would have a valid argument. I thought I showed tremendous restraint in my response.

there was no reason for it, except to belittle someone else / no reason at all
the forum is grateful for your restraint

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

there was no reason for it, except to belittle someone else / no reason at all the forum is grateful for your restraint

I thank you for your comments but as there was no insult intended nor one given I will stand by my original post.

To the OP---there are several managers who frequent this forum who have the ability to track packages with detail beyond that available to the rest of us. Hopefully one of them will see this thread and respond accordingly.

balland chain

Hi,

I have a package shipped from HK (Lenovo) and it seems to have frozen in SDF (Louisville, KY).

I have called the 800 number and after a USA based rep answers the phone I am transferred to the International Package Group who seemed to be outsourced (to India) and each International agent I speak with gives me a different reason as to why my package is not progressing as it should.

Reasons I have been given:
  1. The tracking info has frozen, but it has progressed through the system and will be delivered today.
  2. The package is stuck in Louisville due to it being mishandled.
  3. The package is on the truck.
  4. The package is at the depot.
  5. The package is currently delayed for unknown reasons and I should contact LENOVO to ship out another one.
  6. The package is being located (whatever the means).

I spoke with the UPS store (used My Choice to have it delivered there due to it being Signature Required) and they have never just seen a package tracking info just freeze and attempted to look into from their end but was promised a return phone which they have not received.

I am happy to provide the tracking number, but did not feel comfortable just putting it out there in the open, so if anybody can help, I would happily PM or email the tracking info.

Again, I do realize this is not a CS channel but I am a bit frustrated at this point and if one of you all could I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dan

HI Dan, if you want quick action, call Corporate in Atlanta GA.. Give them the tracking information and they should be able to light the fire under someone's butt... Sorry you are going thru this... We drivers on this site really do care about our customers.... Good Luck

BrownSuit

Dan,

Was the number you originally called customer service for international shipments or 800-PICK-UPS? While it's possible you were talking with somebody out of country (Philippines or Guatemala) more than likely you were talking with somebody in Tampa.

If your PM to AndyB did not net results as I'm certain Upstate that's what he was referring to :P then, feel free to PM me and I'll try to get you an answer once I can actually see the tracking information to understand what's happening. Right now I could only speculate.

Brownsuit

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You should hit the UPS Facebook page, they care about their image over there. This site is mainly a place to air frustrations and dirty laundry, judging by the lack of changes at work, our gripes don't get much attention.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
I've worked out our fuel loss at 162 per minute
At that rate we have sufficient range to take out the primary and secondary targets

But we will not...repeat not...be able to make it back to any base or neutral county

However we will have enough fuel to ditch at Weathership Tango Delta
Grid Coordinates: 003-691
"/sarcasm" does not equal 9.3 million.

J

jibbs

"/sarcasm" does not equal 9.3 million.

I realize there's a rep button and a like button, but I lol'd so hard at this comment that neither would've been sufficient for me in my slightly drunken state.

L-O-friend*ing-L

I've worked out our fuel loss at 162 per minute
At that rate we have sufficient range to take out the primary and secondary targets

But we will not...repeat not...be able to make it back to any base or neutral county

However we will have enough fuel to ditch at Weathership Tango Delta
Grid Coordinates: 003-691

Aaaaaaand my TNG addiction as of late just turned this into a favorite thread.