Customers Closed, Volume Down

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The customers don't care. They want cheap shipping overall and if that means that they have to settle for what those of us on the Express side would call a detriment to the brand image, they are fine with that.
I’m curious. Where do you get your information of what customers want? Because the opinions expressed by customers on the route don’t align with what you’re portraying. And I would challenge you to poll couriers across the country and dispute my claim with your findings.

CatMan

You sound like a model short-timer employee who doesn't want to make any waves, which pretty much describes a lot of senior Express employees. They might not like it, but they accept the conditions and realize they are probably better off at this point in life by just going along.
You got that right !

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I’m curious. Where do you get your information of what customers want? Because the opinions expressed by customers on the route don’t align with what you’re portraying. And I would challenge you to poll couriers across the country and dispute my claim with your findings.

Wow, I'm agreeing with you AGAIN? IMO, customers still expect premium service when they're paying big-time money for "express" delivery. If it's a critical part for a assembly line that's down, your passport that you need to fly at 1400, or important medical supplies, the customer wants it on-time.

Dano is pretty cavalier about providing crappy service. If a customer THINKS it's important, it IS important. FedEx has totally lost sight of this crucial aspect of their business.

bacha29

Oh yes they do. Sure they like cheaper shipping options but a lot of them get pissed off with Ground. Get out into the real world once in awhile and maybe you’ll learn a thing or two. But I doubt it.
The COVID pandemic is expected to remain present into July and just about time we catch up with it chances are fall will be here and we'll be right back at this again. With Ground it's good to see that the media has pulled back the curtain and showed the entire country the truth surrounding FXG.

As tragic as COVID 19 is I can say however that I'm proud of my decision not to expand into additional routes.

The simple fact of the matter is, if there's not enough in it to enable the contractor to give his drivers the protection found in a family sustaining wage, an employer funded health/life insurance, a sickness/disability plan and something in the way of a retirement plan then it's a venture he shouldn't even be involved with in the first place. The other carriers have provide it and for good reasons including getting the best people.

So what do contractor employed drivers have to look forward to? What are they going to come away with after they are too beaten up to continue ,are simply disposed of by their contractor employer and tossed back out into the economy to try and survive on their own? The answer is simple. Medicaid and Social Security Disability......That's if they're lucky enough to get it.........And that's the real world reality of the so called "Purple Promise".

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

You don't get consistent YOY growth in volume because people aren't happy with the service you provide. Some people don't like them, just like some people don't like Express. For every person who doesn't like Ground, there are 100 who don't care if for no other reason than they are resi recipients and never see the guy. All they know is that their box of Chewy or Walmart is there at the front door when they get home from work and that's all that matters.

FWIW, I'm not a big fan of Ground but the numbers don't lie.

59 Dano

Oh yes they do. Sure they like cheaper shipping options but a lot of them get pissed off with Ground. Get out into the real world once in awhile and maybe you’ll learn a thing or two. But I doubt it.

Out in the real world, I learned that Ground keeps growing. Sounds like they're pissing people off left and right.

bacha29

As he has always done in the past. IWBF finds my earlier post ....."funny" . But, he's never offered any countervailing facts . He talks about his "business' (LMAFO) and how he knows how to be such a great "manager". The reality however is that he's just another scab trucker and bottom feeder They're a dime a dozen .He takes whatever crap Ground hands out along with whatever he can get in the way of personnel uses them up and disposes of them while trying in vain to make it look like he's on the same professional level as UPS or Deutsche Post.

It will be fine

As he has always done in the past. IWBF finds my earlier post ....."funny" . But, he's never offered any countervailing facts . He talks about his "business' (LMAFO) and how he knows how to be such a great "manager". The reality however is that he's just another scab trucker and bottom feeder They're a dime a dozen .He takes whatever crap Ground hands out along with whatever he can get in the way of personnel uses them up and disposes of them while trying in vain to make it look like he's on the same professional level as UPS or Deutsche Post.
That’s a lot of personal attacks from someone that never actually ran a company. Your ignorance is hilarious.

bacha29

That’s a lot of personal attacks from someone that never actually ran a company. Your ignorance is hilarious.
Your arrogance is appalling . You don't run a company Fedex runs it for you.Every year they hand you a new list of demands and that's what they are demands, not terms because terms are negotiated.

And so every year they slap a new list of demands down in front of you.......and there you sit with about as much bargaining power as Alfred Jodl had on May 7 1945 and so either you sign on the dotted line of what is nothing more than an annual capitulation or they take their demands over to somebody else who will sign off on them at which time as far as X is concerned it's like you never even existed.

. So go ahead and mark up this post as being "funny" but the only person you're kidding is yourself. Sure you might have some limited small scale rights in your one sided little contract but they mean nothing because what you don't have is the power to exercise those rights......and you never will have it because for as long as you own your so called "company" (LMFAO) you will forever be at the mercy of Fred S and those who do his bidding.

It will be fine

Your arrogance is appalling . You don't run a company Fedex runs it for you.Every year they hand you a new list of demands and that's what they are demands, not terms because terms are negotiated.

And so every year they slap a new list of demands down in front of you.......and there you sit with about as much bargaining power as Alfred Jodl had on May 7 1945 and so either you sign on the dotted line of what is nothing more than an annual capitulation or they take their demands over to somebody else who will sign off on them at which time as far as X is concerned it's like you never even existed.

. So go ahead and mark up this post as being "funny" but the only person you're kidding is yourself. Sure you might have some limited small scale rights in your one sided little contract but they mean nothing because what you don't have is the power to exercise those rights......and you never will have it because for as long as you own your so called "company" (LMFAO) you will forever be at the mercy of Fred S and those who do his bidding.
Not sure what was more predictable, your nonsensical blathering or the fact that @Cactus would give it a like.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Bingo. So, in essence, you're saying the contractor is really an employee as well due to the nature of the contract.

Once again, more evidence that points to Ground personnel being EMPLOYEES.

bacha29

Bingo. So, in essence, you're saying the contractor is really an employee as well due to the nature of the contract.

Contractors are for all intents and purposes administrators of a supply chain essential to the FXG operation and can be used as a firewall against efforts to establish a union represented workforce.

BTW I want to thank you for helping me to pull off the veneer and clearly show the nature of that so called "independent contractor" con game . Much to the anger and embarrassment of people like IWBF.

You see Roadway set it up to be more of an auxiliary operation to handle small non pallet freight coming through. And if you stayed in that niche it could perform in a satisfactory manner without the contractor having a fortune tied up in the venture It was never designed to do all the tasks Fat Freddy expects it to perform today . Trouble is it requires a person to put an additional tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars at risk without any revisions to the contract language that recognizes that increased equity participation and risks involved with the deserved protections due to the fact that contractors aren't doing anything X can't do themselves.

59 Dano

Kind of funny to see MF use the village idiot's reasoning to try to prove a point.