Customers Closed, Volume Down

I am FedEx

Here’s some info for you people. Express volume is down roughly 500k packages a day. However no need to fear, we are being supplemented due to the fact that airlines are not currently flying internationally. Typically, international flights move freight in the belly’s. Due to them not being able to we are doing just fine moving the freight for them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Here’s some info for you people. Express volume is down roughly 500k packages a day. However no need to fear, we are being supplemented due to the fact that airlines are not currently flying internationally. Typically, international flights move freight in the belly’s. Due to them not being able to we are doing just fine moving the freight for them.

Where do you get your information? The one type of flights that ARE being flown by airlines around the world are cargo flights. For example, a 777 or most other wide-body aircraft have the ability to carry either LD3's or low profile "cookie sheets" in the bellies. Many PAX airlines also fly dedicated freighters, so your statement is somewhat misleading.

I'm sure FedEx is getting some additional International freight, but you are incorrect about other airlines "not flying".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
For someone who didn't post on those sites, you sure managed to end up on them somehow.

That was really well-written. I don't even remember doing it, but thanks for publishing it. I think I did a pretty good job of predicting the future.

That would be the one exception, because I don't post elsewhere, except as noted on the old FedExaminer site, which Cheryl pulled-up.

Interesting that you follow me so closely, and that you have the time to do so. How about my nod is the CSM? You want to post that too?

Is it in my file?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That was really well-written. I don't even remember doing it, but thanks for publishing it. I think I did a pretty good job of predicting the future.

That would be the one exception, because I don't post elsewhere, except as noted on the old FedExaminer site, which Cheryl pulled-up.

Interesting that you follow me so closely, and that you have the time to do so. How about my nod is the CSM? You want to post that too?

Is it in my file?
You don’t recall.

Let Trump exercise your excuse and you want him drawn and quartered.

See why your posts aren’t respected?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Is it in my file?

You put this crap out there under your BC screen name to be seen. It was seen, though the revolution failed to materialize. Oh, and "I don't even remember doing it" LOL.

I am FedEx

My information is accurate as its straight from Memphis. International freight is currently supplementing the Express operation. Ask any driver of their volume is down. All together it’s roughly 500k packages per day lighter. Sorry to elaborate I should say commercial flights are not flying internationally.

I am FedEx

Here are some current things being floated that I would expect your stations to see. Reduction in PM routes (pup drivers) are only needed to be supplied 17.5 hours. Split shifts with an AM courier if needed to achieve 35 hours. That is all the time Fedex is required to provide you. Sorry for the couriers that have coasted by on their cupcake routes for far too long.

Gone fishin

Here are some current things being floated that I would expect your stations to see. Reduction in PM routes (pup drivers) are only needed to be supplied 17.5 hours. Split shifts with an AM courier if needed to achieve 35 hours. That is all the time Fedex is required to provide you. Sorry for the couriers that have coasted by on their cupcake routes for far too long.
We’ve been taking out the new ground deliveries for two weeks , we still build baseline routes. Not sure what your speaking on

CatMan

First post!...gotta say guys, very entertaining banter..been reading for a few weeks now , reluctant to join the fray but couldn't help myself. ..so here goes, I'm close to retirement, 25+ yr under my belt..SoCali Angelo and love it!.. ,We guy get our Frieght from LAX..2 things, if you're a malcontent you're either a underperformer or have a crappy micromanager looking to make her (or his)quota of OLCC's...I've been guzzling the kool-aid, but have managed to be a homeowner, put my kids through college and still have a somewhat positive moral...I'm a little beat up at this point, but have managed to continue to perform at an elite level as a result of my preparation (stretching, proper diet, plenty of sleep, ect!)...I vehemently disagree with what was said earlier that it's an easy job...just want to say that for every courier that reach my level ...there's a thousand that are littered in my wake!!...from injury, falsification, attendance, accidents ect...delivering the purple promise is my commitment! Boom!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
First post!...gotta say guys, very entertaining banter..been reading for a few weeks now , reluctant to join the fray but couldn't help myself. ..so here goes, I'm close to retirement, 25+ yr under my belt..SoCali Angelo and love it!.. ,We guy get our Frieght from LAX..2 things, if you're a malcontent you're either a underperformer or have a crappy micromanager looking to make her (or his)quota of OLCC's...I've been guzzling the kool-aid, but have managed to be a homeowner, put my kids through college and still have a somewhat positive moral...I'm a little beat up at this point, but have managed to continue to perform at an elite level as a result of my preparation (stretching, proper diet, plenty of sleep, ect!)...I vehemently disagree with what was said earlier that it's an easy job...just want to say that for every courier that reach my level ...there's a thousand that are littered in my wake!!...from injury, falsification, attendance, accidents ect...delivering the purple promise is my commitment! Boom!
Welcome aboard CatMan.

Sounds like you've got a real good work ethic going on there. And maybe a little too good for FedEx. No it's not an easy job and many haven't been able to cut it. Myself, I retired a few years back and though things could be better but I have never regretted my decision. If I were you i'd retire as soon as possible. Now you can call me a malcontent but there is no "purple promise" if there ever was one to begin with. How can Fred promise customers "an outstanding experience" when his obsession is with numbers and Wall Street? In addition bringing Ground into the picture with their unprofessional methods has the whole ship sinking further and further. No wonder why Express isn't doing so well nowadays.

If you do choose to retire I hope your wife has good health insurance through her workplace. FedEx will suck all your pension up with their ridiculously high premiums. This why many who do retire from Fred's salt-mines keep on working.

Anyway, congrats on those 25 years of service and putting those kids through college.

bacha29

First post!...gotta say guys, very entertaining banter..been reading for a few weeks now , reluctant to join the fray but couldn't help myself. ..so here goes, I'm close to retirement, 25+ yr under my belt..SoCali Angelo and love it!.. ,We guy get our Frieght from LAX..2 things, if you're a malcontent you're either a underperformer or have a crappy micromanager looking to make her (or his)quota of OLCC's...I've been guzzling the kool-aid, but have managed to be a homeowner, put my kids through college and still have a somewhat positive moral...I'm a little beat up at this point, but have managed to continue to perform at an elite level as a result of my preparation (stretching, proper diet, plenty of sleep, ect!)...I vehemently disagree with what was said earlier that it's an easy job...just want to say that for every courier that reach my level ...there's a thousand that are littered in my wake!!...from injury, falsification, attendance, accidents ect...delivering the purple promise is my commitment! Boom![/QUOTE
Welcome aboard CatMan.

Sounds like you've got a real good work ethic going on there. And maybe a little too good for FedEx. No it's not an easy job and many haven't been able to cut it. Myself, I retired a few years back and though things could be better but I have never regretted my decision. If I were you i'd retire as soon as possible. Now you can call me a malcontent but there is no "purple promise" if there ever was one to begin with. How can Fred promise customers "an outstanding experience" when his obsession is with numbers and Wall Street? In addition bringing Ground into the picture with their unprofessional methods has the whole ship sinking further and further. No wonder why Express isn't doing so well nowadays.

If you do choose to retire I hope your wife has good health insurance through her workplace. FedEx will suck all your pension up with their ridiculously high premiums. This why many who do retire from Fred's salt-mines keep on working.

Anyway, congrats on those 25 years of service and putting those kids through college.
Looks like he's now getting his chance to do a Thorogood......Get a haircut and get a real job.

CatMan

Why thank you Cactus!...good work ethic?...I like to think so, but it has been a grind to be sure. Based on the tone coming from a majority of the guys , sounds like they hit the wall and likely were abused along the way..most of the guys on here are right, and so am I ....I'll admit it , I've always tried to challenge myself, it's more fun that way...but some people on here sound really pist off (I won't call anyone out cause I don't want to come under attack) and I'm well aware that it's a cutthroat place to work ,and a really big factor is if you have a ball buster for a manager you'll be miserable , but if you're a performer they'll generally leave you alone, but it sure isn't easy ....I am on the bell lap and it's been an amazing adventure - Cause that's what I've made it...I can see the ribbon, and I can't get there fast enough.. but ,I'm really close..I was hoping to get my 30yr banner for my man cave but will likely fall short....Express is a sinking ship , and by the time all of my E2 and XS...are loaded into ground cans..I should be long gone...but for now , please excuse me while I go deliver this dog collar to an apartment that's 100 yards away from where I had to park.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why thank you Cactus!...good work ethic?...I like to think so, but it has been a grind to be sure. Based on the tone coming from a majority of the guys , sounds like they hit the wall and likely were abused along the way..most of the guys on here are right, and so am I ....I'll admit it , I've always tried to challenge myself, it's more fun that way...but some people on here sound really pist off (I won't call anyone out cause I don't want to come under attack) and I'm well aware that it's a cutthroat place to work ,and a really big factor is if you have a ball buster for a manager you'll be miserable , but if you're a performer they'll generally leave you alone, but it sure isn't easy ....I am on the bell lap and it's been an amazing adventure - Cause that's what I've made it...I can see the ribbon, and I can't get there fast enough.. but ,I'm really close..I was hoping to get my 30yr banner for my man cave but will likely fall short....Express is a sinking ship , and by the time all of my E2 and XS...are loaded into ground cans..I should be long gone...but for now , please excuse me while I go deliver this dog collar to an apartment that's 100 yards away from where I had to park.

Like your avatar (Top Cat). Sounds like you generally "get it". I totally agree with the "performer" analysis. If you're good and have great numbers, they leave you alone. Throughout my career, I made it to work every day, on-time, and always did an excellent job for them, even though I disagreed with a lot of their BS. When I was a target, there wasn't much they could do because I did my job very well. A lot of employees create their own problems by being lazy or having an entitled attitude. If you just do your job, a lot of their garbage falls away.

That said, I wish that folks like you, who were good employees and deserved better, had been willing to take a stand against FedEx. If you've been there almost 30 years, you recall the years without raises and all of the takeaways. If everyone had just walked off the sort a few days or had a massive Purple Flu outbreak, Fred would have had to be a bit more fair.

Employee passivity allowed Smith to kill the Traditional, not pay competitive wages, and to have ridiculous top-out schemes over the years. All of the takeaways were way to easy for Fred because most employees were like you, good workers who wouldn't take a stand against him.

DeliveryException

.Ask any driver of their volume is down. All together it’s roughly 500k packages per day lighter.

I am a courier and my volume is up. My loop and the one next to mine are up. We've been going up since around peak 2018. I can't speak for the station or district but I can say it's not slowing down on my route for sure.

McFeely

Huge Member
My volume is up slightly with all the resi deliveries. Maybe up 10-20% but not a huge amount. I’m DRA so my stop count is pretty consistent day to day, but my area has shrunk over the last couple of weeks for sure.

CatMan

I can't say I know much about Ground or if they have a system like ours -DRA....our routes are cut off with End on road stop time, supposedly giving you enough time for your lunch and to make your pick ups and get in on time...and I never follow ROADS (why would I go into the same parking lot 10 stops apart)...I wouldn't finish till 7pm if I did, . I roll my next day stops as nessesary, my manager is totally cool with that ,then I can make business SOS service which are totally scattered , then normally additional routes will build and will be given to a part timer. But I think that we waste a lot of hours on the bad add and C8 reattempt which are mandatory... but it's all part of the Purple Promise, Lol.

CatMan

The ground guy on my route tells me he runs straight thru with no lunch...and if he does grab something, he'll eat on the fly , and that boggles the mind...So yeah, I also don't like these dudes with Rip Van Winkle like beards looking real sloppy, pony tail and everything. ..guess I am old school that way.

CatMan

MrFedex, I have found that guys who "take a stand"..are the ones that draw attention to themselves and are harassed even more and usually get canned or quit cause its a really stressful environment, no doubt.