Customers Closed, Volume Down

oldngray

nowhere special
I live about 7 miles from the FedEx building and I must be one of their first stops. They are always here by 0800
I got FedEx ground that early a couple of times. If its something big he would drop it off when he drove past this area to where he normally starts his route.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Assume same for fedex since express is mostly business

Package Division Director Denis T told Teamster officials on a conference call today that he expects large-scale layoffs at UPS during the COVID-19 pandemic due to commercial closures. The increase in residential delivery will not offset the decline in the company’s core business, Taylor said.

It will be fine

Assume same for fedex since express is mostly business

Package Division Director Denis T told Teamster officials on a conference call today that he expects large-scale layoffs at UPS during the COVID-19 pandemic due to commercial closures. The increase in residential delivery will not offset the decline in the company’s core business, Taylor said.
This is where I’m not sure how it’ll play out. If too many businesses close where does the residential volume come from? The big guys can’t supply everything.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I live about 7 miles from the FedEx building and I must be one of their first stops. They are always here by 0800

Even during peak season?

It's an avalanche of parcels at my area that they ask me to drive for 6 days now, which I can since the kids have remote learning thru teh internetz

I was fine just working Friday to Monday... this isn't my only form of income

rod

Retired 22 years
Even during peak season?

It's an avalanche of parcels at my area that they ask me to drive for 6 days now, which I can since the kids have remote learning thru teh internetz

I was fine just working Friday to Monday... this isn't my only form of income
Yes---I don't know how they do it. I'm always amazed considering if I get something UPS it isn't until 6 or 7 at night.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm curious as to what will happen when couriers and Memphis employees start testing positive. It's inevitable, how will the company handle it?

They will probably do the least ethical thing possible given past experience. If I were an active employee, I'd make sure to ask a LOT of questions and not let them waffle on answers.

At a minimum, employees should get latex gloves, sanitizer, and other appropriate protective measures. One would also expect that facilities, Powerpads, and vehicles be given a deep cleaning/wiped down daily and that social distancing be practiced to the greatest degree possible. Maybe one person in a can at a time, nobody in groups in the breakroom etc.

Not easy, but they need to step-up. I see they walked back some of the signature requirements. I'd throw the package from the street if I could,

Last edited:

El Morado Diablo

Most of the stores in the malls, banks, dentist offices, city + county + state government offices, etc are closed here. We are trying to figure out what we are going to do with all the packages we can't deliver before we have to return them (or the company makes changes to the policy on how long we can hold them before returning them).

rod

Retired 22 years
haha... Ground knocking... that's a good one.

But otherwise we are busy busy
My Ground guy always puts my stuff on the porch and gives a couple of taps on the side of the house. Sometimes if I see him coming I meet him on the porch and we talk for a minute or so. He knows I'm a retired UPS driver so we have a few things in common.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My Ground guy always puts my stuff on the porch and gives a couple of taps on the side of the house. Sometimes if I see him coming I meet him on the porch and we talk for a minute or so. He knows I'm a retired UPS driver so we have a few things in common.
I used to deliver Express packages to a retired UPS guy.

Used to tell him I wish i was retired like he was. He said It'll get here someday and thank God it did.

rod

Retired 22 years
I used to deliver Express packages to a retired UPS guy.

Used to tell him I wish i was retired like he was. He said It'll get here someday and thank God it did.
I always tell people who "wish" they were retired to not wish their life away. Time goes by quick enough as it is.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
They will probably do the least ethical thing possible given past experience. If I were an active employee, I'd make sure to ask a LOT of questions and not let them waffle on answers.

Because when it comes to standing up against the borg, no one talks a bigger game than you.