Customers Closed, Volume Down

bacha29

Many stations are doing constructive layoffs(hr reductions) . They absolutely don't wanna pay any minimum hrs. The senior manager gets an email every-time they have to pay an employee min hrs . Make make sure and request is there any work available . make sure u guys file start filing for unemployment due to reduced hrs and business closures
If they had a clue as to what's going on they would allow temporarily furloughed Express grunts go over to Ground and help out as Ground terminal funded temps.

It will be fine

If they had a clue as to what's going on they would allow temporarily furloughed Express grunts go over to Ground and help out as Ground terminal funded temps.
You’re really out of touch with the current reality at Ground. Temps don’t exist anymore. If they need coverage they pay contingency rates and contractors cover the volume.

bacha29

You’re really out of touch with the current reality at Ground. Temps don’t exist anymore. If they need coverage they pay contingency rates and contractors cover the volume.
Yes I know that they got rid of terminal temps years ago but under the current national emergency they might have to do some things that fell out of favor some time ago and given the slow turn around the registration process is for newbies if bringing over already certified people from express on temporary furlough could improve response and service times I'm sure it would make a difference.

It will be fine

Yes I know that they got rid of terminal temps years ago but under the current national emergency they might have to do some things that fell out of favor some time ago and given the slow turn around the registration process is for newbies if bringing over already certified people from express on temporary furlough could improve response and service times I'm sure it would make a difference.
Nah. I have a lot of businesses closing down. That’s fewer pickups and fewer slow business stops for my drivers. I have plenty of capacity. I don’t need any slow slacker express drivers.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Many stations are doing constructive layoffs(hr reductions) . They absolutely don't wanna pay any minimum hrs. The senior manager gets an email every-time they have to pay an employee min hrs . Make make sure and request is there any work available . make sure u guys file start filing for unemployment due to reduced hrs and business closures

LOL

HedleyLamarr

Volume seemed about the same delivery wise, but pups were light. Normally, I get about 15 pups a day; the most I had this week was 10. Perhaps next week we will see a significant drop off in volume.

btrlov

What’s a constructive layoff?

Aren’t pt Express workers assured 14 hours minimum a week?

when a company employs tactics that indirectly and effectively cause u not to be employed in a meaningful manner..... for example: u come and do an hr of scanning then the ops managers collapses ur route and sends u home. next week u see in ur check that u have lost hrs despite the min "guarantee". if they did this everyday=ur essentially laid off ...... u will see that managers will try to get out paying the min using word games or playing dumb or making it inconvenient to get it. constructive layoffs usually cause people to quit eventually

17.5 is min hrs for pts, with various exceptions

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
when a company employs tactics that indirectly and effectively cause u not to be employed in a meaningful manner..... for example: u come and do an hr of scanning then the ops managers collapses ur route and sends u home. next week u see in ur check that u have lost hrs despite the min "guarantee". if they did this everyday=ur essentially laid off ...... u will see that managers will try to get out paying the min using word games or playing dumb or making it inconvenient to get it. constructive layoffs usually cause people to quit eventually

17.5 is min hrs for pts, with various exceptions

IMPORTANT: I just saw a copy of the letter designating all Express employees as essential personnel. This would lead me to believe that a 14-day national shutdown is probably imminent.

Please make sure FedEx does the right thing and provides you with means to sanitize and stay as safe as possible.

Serf

That shutdown is coming. I would expect all the volume in our system will move by Mon & Tue. Come Wednesday a huge drop. Ask yourself how many essential businesses are on your route? A few? Feel the pain for 2 weeks.

newgirl

That shutdown is coming. I would expect all the volume in our system will move by Mon & Tue. Come Wednesday a huge drop. Ask yourself how many essential businesses are on your route? A few? Feel the pain for 2 weeks.
If the medicine shippers continue to stay open there will be volume, just a lot less. We'll see what the warehouse shippers do, chewy, target, etc. and if their employees keep showing up there will be stops.
Amazon is looking to hire 100,000 people I don't know if that will happen. The UPSers already seem blown out of the water with it--maybe Amazon volume again at the right price?
In addition, there is the logistic side of trying to get food from point A to point B. If the grocers are having trouble they can spot hire us like they do with the gypsies who may or may not be running.
This is unprecedented, so there needs to be a lot of out of the box thinking here.

MassWineGuy

We were told to carry that letter in case we were stopped going to or returning from work. I still have to use my own gloves and disinfectant.

newgirl

We were told to carry that letter in case we were stopped going to or returning from work. I still have to use my own gloves and disinfectant.
Looks like the letter was nationwide, it doesn't look very official though. I have a feeling that phone number will be called a lot if the nation goes into full lockdown.
As for the supplies, this should have been a local thing. District director on down, right down to the managers. Honestly though, they didn't want us walking around with gloves and masks--optics not good on that one. And some of the managers said it was just the flu.

El Morado Diablo

Most of us laughed and left the letter at work.

If we are stopped going to or from work I think the uniforms we are wearing and the official FedEx ID are going to be a lot more convincing than a generic looking letter with a phone number.

Purplepackage

I don’t conspiracy theory to often but I wouldn’t be surprised if they announced a national lockdown by Monday