Customers Closed, Volume Down

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I always tell people who "wish" they were retired to not wish their life away. Time goes by quick enough as it is.
Very true.

Just gets to a point where company politics and BS corporate games wear you down to a nub and you need need to get away from that. One or even two weeks vacation at a time isn't enough.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Because when it comes to standing up against the borg, no one talks a bigger game than you.

No, based on long-term experience with a company that almost totally disregards it's people. I would absolutely NOT trust them to respond properly, and/or be completely transparent with employees.

I'm not there. Are they disinfecting trucks, providing employees with sanitizer, wipes, etc.? Are they slowing down the sort and maybe having one person per can instead of 2? Spacing out the people scanning the belt?

Again, I doubt it.

When I first started, I worked at a station that handled a lot of Radioactive, so we all had to wear film badges. Back then, everyone drank the Kool-Aid, and nobody questioned whether or not they'd tell us if we were overexposed or there had been an open box etc. Now, I'd really wonder.

The courier who had the Radioactive shipper died in his 40's from an extremely rare form of head/neck cancer, quite possibly associated to him hauling 50 TI's in his van for years.

Once, as a ramp agent, we had a "Hot Flight" where there was zero paperwork for the Radioactive. The only way we knew was that the Prima-7 readings in the bellies were high, yet there was nothing indicating the presence of II and II Bar on the plane. IMO, the plane needed to sit until it was all positively sorted out. Naturally, I was overruled by management.

The sort was allowed to progress as usual, and we taped-off the bellies and a single can that was up top with III Bar. Eventually, we got the correct paperwork.

I know you always say my history is a complete lie, but, once again, these are all true. I would think that Fred would ALWAYS put profit before employees, and that would include Covid-19.

What are you doing at Station One to safeguard both of you?

bacha29

I'm curious as to what will happen when couriers and Memphis employees start testing positive. It's inevitable, how will the company handle it?
Pressure is building on Trump to basically shut down the entire country. The US is generally believed to be trailing Italy by 9 or 10 days in terms of full effects of Corona 19 and they're a long way from it being over themselves. After two floor traders tested positive the NYSE is pulling all floor traders off and transacting all trading activity electronically.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Pressure is building on Trump to basically shut down the entire country. The US is generally believed to be trailing Italy by 9 or 10 days in terms of full effects of Corona 19 and they're a long way from it being over themselves. After two floor traders tested positive the NYSE is pulling all floor traders off and transacting all trading activity electronically.

I agree. Probably a good idea.

bacha29

I agree. Probably a good idea.
The bad news buddy is that COVID 19 is beginning to arrive in Africa. Given it's appalling sanitation, diets, and healthcare systems once it gets established in the African continent getting rid of it will be damn near impossible .

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'm not there.

That's the most important part of your post.

Are they disinfecting trucks, providing employees with sanitizer, wipes, etc.? Are they slowing down the sort and maybe having one person per can instead of 2? Spacing out the people scanning the belt?

Again, I doubt it.

When I first started, I worked at a station that handled a lot of Radioactive, so we all had to wear film badges. Back then, everyone drank the Kool-Aid, and nobody questioned whether or not they'd tell us if we were overexposed or there had been an open box etc. Now, I'd really wonder.

The courier who had the Radioactive shipper died in his 40's from an extremely rare form of head/neck cancer, quite possibly associated to him hauling 50 TI's in his van for years.

Once, as a ramp agent, we had a "Hot Flight" where there was zero paperwork for the Radioactive. The only way we knew was that the Prima-7 readings in the bellies were high, yet there was nothing indicating the presence of II and II Bar on the plane. IMO, the plane needed to sit until it was all positively sorted out. Naturally, I was overruled by management.

The sort was allowed to progress as usual, and we taped-off the bellies and a single can that was up top with III Bar. Eventually, we got the correct paperwork.

I know you always say my history is a complete lie, but, once again, these are all true. I would think that Fred would ALWAYS put profit before employees, and that would include Covid-19.

I don't know that I'd say you're a liar. I'd say that you always seem to have a handful of disaster stories for any given situation and that everyone else on this forum -combined- doesn't have as many of these convenient anecdotes as you do.

Come to think of it, I might say you're a liar.

What are you doing at Station One to safeguard both of you?

We're cataloging all of your disaster stories into a book, My Entire Career Was A Worst Case Scenario.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's the most important part of your post.

Are they disinfecting trucks, providing employees with sanitizer, wipes, etc.? Are they slowing down the sort and maybe having one person per can instead of 2? Spacing out the people scanning the belt?

Again, I doubt it.

I don't know that I'd say you're a liar. I'd say that you always seem to have a handful of disaster stories for any given situation and that everyone else on this forum -combined- doesn't have as many of these convenient anecdotes as you do.

Come to think of it, I might say you're a liar.

We're cataloging all of your disaster stories into a book, My Entire Career Was A Worst Case Scenario.

Whatever. You love to try and paint me as a fake. Everything I post happened. If it's theorizing, I say so.

Do you even know what a "Hot Flight" is? Ever broken down a set of doubles, been in Dispatch, or done FO? Know what a weight and balance is, know how to operate a loader, or a tug? Have you ever pushed back an airplane or started an APU? Do you even know what I'm talking about? Probably not. Is a nose tether required on a DC10/MD11? How many cans did a 727-200 hold? What type?

Keep trying. You know, your latest antics have me doubly convinced you're just a shill who monitors social media. I'll bet if I check out some other anti-FedEx places, you'll miraculously be there spreading "Smith's Manure", available in 55 lb. sacks at Home Depot.

Last edited:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Whatever. You love to try and paint me as a fake. Everything I post happened. If it's theorizing, I say so.

Sure.

Do you even know what a "Hot Flight" is? Ever broken down a set of doubles, been in Dispatch, or done FO? Know what a weight and balance is, know how to operate a loader, or a tug? Have you ever pushed back an airplane or started an APU? Do you even know what I'm talking about? Probably not. Is a nose tether required on a DC10/MD11? How many cans did a 727-200 hold? What type?

Congratulations on your entry-level jobs. Nothing wrong with them but people do that stuff very well every day and don't strut around like they've reinvented the wheel.

Let me know when you turn a station around from a dumpster fire to a top performer in your district. "But I done pushed a plane back!!!"

Keep trying. You know, your latest antics have me doubly convinced you're just a shill who monitors social media. I'll bet if I check out some other anti-FedEx places, you'll miraculously be there spreading "Smith's Manure", available in 55 lb. sacks at Home Depot.

Knock yourself out.

Nolimitz

who the friend are you trying to kid. None of that BS is happening

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sure.

Congratulations on your entry-level jobs. Nothing wrong with them but people do that stuff very well every day and don't strut around like they've reinvented the wheel.

Let me know when you turn a station around from a dumpster fire to a top performer in your district. "But I done pushed a plane back!!!"

Knock yourself out.

Was the dumpster fire something you passed by on your crawl back to FedEx from Pizza Hut?

Your lack of answers proves you know nothing about Ops.

Working4the1%

The bad news buddy is that COVID 19 is beginning to arrive in Africa. Given it's appalling sanitation, diets, and healthcare systems once it gets established in the African continent getting rid of it will be damn near impossible .
No way MAGAMAN would ban Africians?????

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And mgt is not willing to stagger start times. MGT must lead. What are your solutions other than being a flaming A hole

That was the name he gave his signature pizza when he was running the 1900-0100 shift at Pizza Hut. Or is that what his employees called him?

Working4the1%

A non-management employee in FedEx corporate headquarters in Memphis has tested positive for coronavirus.

FedEx said in a statement, “An individual contributor working in the FedEx office building on Shady Grove has reported testing positive for COVID-19 and is currently recovering at home.”

“The health and safety of our team members and customers is our top priority.”

“We have closed the office for a thorough cleaning and disinfecting, and all employees who work in that building will be permitted back in once that process is complete.”

An individual contributor is a non-management employee.

The office building at 942 South Shady Grove near Ridgeway Center is where top officials including chairman and CEO Frederick W. Smith work.

On Tuesday top management officials came together at the building for production of the fiscal 2020 third quarter earnings call.

A FedEx spokeswoman said a senior officer came in contact with the individual, but didn’t identity the officer.

FedEx officials were not aware of the diagnosed person coming in direct contact with Smith.

“We are aware of one senior officer who came in contact with the individual. All individuals who have come in direct contact with the individual have been notified and are self isolating for two weeks,” she said.

btrlov

Many stations are doing constructive layoffs(hr reductions) . They absolutely don't wanna pay any minimum hrs. The senior manager gets an email every-time they have to pay an employee min hrs . Make make sure and request is there any work available . make sure u guys file start filing for unemployment due to reduced hrs and business closures