Customers that want you to call them..

Z

ZQXC

If you precede the phone number you are calling with *67, the recipient's caller ID display will show "Private Line".

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
My sup's and anyone at work know not to contact me through my cell phone. Diad communications only, unless I have a question for a member of my "management" team. I'll always get messages "Call so and so ASAP" They get some kind of smartass response. No cell phone/dead battery, or my favorite "Sorry, my UPS phone is broken....Diad communication only"

I sure as hell don't call residential customers, that is not part of the delivery methods. Infonotices should be signed by the customers, and if not, they don't be getting their parcels.

PT Car Washer

There is nothing wrong with the way you do business. If that is what works for you go for it. Some us just think that modern technology can and should make our jobs easier and more efficient. Some will think UPS will use that to increase our workload. Of course they will. In the meantime I will use the technology to make my job easier and make more money.

PT Car Washer

Better yet let a jealous wife see a phone full of numbers.
You got that right. And then after I get home and people are calling wanting to know why I called them at 10:20 that morning. No, not really a big deal. I am just the UPS man and had a delivery for you this morning. Be back tomorrow. Very rare when this does happen.

wayfair

swollen member
There is nothing wrong with the way you do business. If that is what works for you go for it. Some us just think that modern technology can and should make our jobs easier and more efficient. Some will think UPS will use that to increase our workload. Of course they will. In the meantime I will use the technology to make my job easier and make more money.

I get paid to drive a truck and occasionally deliver/pick-up packages, not use the phone to call customers. That would be cool if I did, then maybe they would take off 100 stops so I could make those calls!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
There is an apartment complex on this route, no code for access and the tenant does not have their name on the call box. They have a note on the door asking to call their cell phone so they can go down and get their stuff.

NI3 today.
There should be a code for access somehow. Tell the customer politely that you would really appreciate them giving you the access code. I have a customer that has a push button code to get into her apartment. I text her before I get there and ask her if shes home, when I get there I knock and if shes not there I press the code and drop her stuff inside. I lock the door again with the code and make sure it is locked. I text her again and let her know I dropped them inside for her. She always texts me back with acknowledgement and a thank you. Been doing this for her for at least 4 years now. Have never had a problem and get the xmas bonus from her for playing HOLLYWOOD lol.

There should be a code for access somehow. Tell the customer politely that you would really appreciate them giving you the access code. I have a customer that has a push button code to get into her apartment. I text her before I get there and ask her if shes home, when I get there I knock and if shes not there I press the code and drop her stuff inside. I lock the door again with the code and make sure it is locked. I text her again and let her know I dropped them inside for her. She always texts me back with acknowledgement and a thank you. Been doing this for her for at least 4 years now. Have never had a problem and get the xmas bonus from her for playing HOLLYWOOD lol.
Is she hwat??

BrownArmy

Hating covering a route where the old driver had everyone on speed-dial...

I show up for the pickup and they look at me like they've never seen a UPS driver before...

Guy called pickups, called those dick businesses in the 8000 section that are on residential streets so they could drive to meet him, etc...

center manager: 'What happened?'
Me: Could you be more specific?
center manager: You were XXX paid-over!!??$$??
Me: Where do you want to start?

No, I'm not a fan of cell-phone usage at work.

30yearstolife

Be aware...Calling a pickup and stop completing it without physically going there could be considered dishonesty.
Don't give them a reason.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Be aware...Calling a pickup and stop completing it without physically going there could be considered dishonesty.
Don't give them a reason.

This topic was covered in another thread with both sides making very good points but we all know that this practice occurs in every district. Has anyone actually been fired for calling / stop completing the pickups. After thinking about it, I don't know nor have I heard of anyone being fired for that specific reason.

I know that if they wanted to get rid of you, that's a perfect scenario (dishonesty), to do it, but I also have to wonder if it would actually hold up since it's something that is known about and practiced company-wide. Atlanta and IE have to know what goes on in that aspect so if it was a big deal, you would think that they would be getting immediate alerts when a pickup is completed away from the location and taking immediate action against the offender. There was a driver who EC'd 20 stops that were serviceable and he is gone so same premise of dishonesty but not the same action.