Customers that want you to call them..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It just easier when those that rarely ship out sign up for a smart pickup saves me time and them money... The sign in the window also works pretty good.

I agree 100% with the smart pickup conversion---I have 3 of them---but disagree 100% with pickups that use the sign system. I was burned by a pickup customer a long time ago and since then refuse to acknowledge the "Yes"/"No" or "UPS" signs.

ArcherUTR

I agree 100% with the smart pickup conversion---I have 3 of them---but disagree 100% with pickups that use the sign system. I was burned by a pickup customer a long time ago and since then refuse to acknowledge the "Yes"/"No" or "UPS" signs.

I feel like the same thing applies to using a phone for pickups. It's can be the appropriate level of customer service depending on the business. Even with a Smart Pick Up, a customer might call and say they are just going to deposit the parcel in a UPS Lettterbox.

With the company's new miles obsession over safety and service, I don't really worry about the integrity aspect. However, if you get a corporate concern about how you failed a pickup account and you try to use the "But I talked to them over the phone!" defense, that is not going to fly.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I only had to be burned once. Never gave my number out again. I made the mistake (a happy one in the end) of giving the center number to a customer...haha...I would have felt bad if that particular OMS wasn't such an ass. They called all the time.