D.R.I.V.E

PobreCarlos

As I recall, Obama came to office AFTER the Democrats had had control of Congress for two years...and that the crisis of late 2008 and early 2009 was as much in anticipation of a pure "Democrat" government (Executive and Congress) as it was of "Republican mismanagement". Why not give the Democrats credit for what THEY "mismanaged" those last two relevant years? Or for their part in the creation of Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, etc.? While I'm not a big Bush fan by any means, the fact is that we had a pretty good economic picture (low unemployment, etc.) under his administration until the coming of the Democrat Congress and employers anticipating that Obama would be the nation's President.

As for Obama being limited to 3 years to turn it around....well, after 3 years I would like to see at least SOME indication that he had an IDEA of how to "turn it around". It's not a case of race; rather, it the the fact that Obama was elected with virtually no experience in ANY productive aspect of life. I'll be the first to admit that he seems like a very personable individual...but the simple fact is that he's just not qualified to be our country's chief executive..

Romney may not have it, either; he's a big question mark in that regard. But at least he is a "question mark". With Obama, the question mark is gone; he's now a known entity. And what's known about him indicates that he just can't cut the mustard.

jaker

trolling
People are either part of the solution or part of the problem. Which one are you?

Until something changes money is politics. If you want politicians to vote for your interest as a working person then you need to support those entities and organizations that are making your voice heard on capitol hill. That's D.R.I.V.E.

Give all that you can.

Knowledge is everything...About DRIVE | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)
So let me get this right because I dont care for other people political views or what they so called side they stand on I am a problem

So because I am one party and drive is another I should go with drive , well I hate to tell you I don't go either way

I learned long time ago don't trust people with a lot of money or power and we are just pawns in their game of life and they will use you like a cheap hooker on Friday night

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
As I recall, Obama came to office AFTER the Democrats had had control of Congress for two years...and that the crisis of late 2008 and early 2009 was as much in anticipation of a pure "Democrat" government (Executive and Congress) as it was of "Republican mismanagement". Why not give the Democrats credit for what THEY "mismanaged" those last two relevant years? Or for their part in the creation of Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, etc.? While I'm not a big Bush fan by any means, the fact is that we had a pretty good economic picture (low unemployment, etc.) under his administration until the coming of the Democrat Congress and employers anticipating that Obama would be the nation's President.

As for Obama being limited to 3 years to turn it around....well, after 3 years I would like to see at least SOME indication that he had an IDEA of how to "turn it around". It's not a case of race; rather, it the the fact that Obama was elected with virtually no experience in ANY productive aspect of life. I'll be the first to admit that he seems like a very personable individual...but the simple fact is that he's just not qualified to be our country's chief executive..

Romney may not have it, either; he's a big question mark in that regard. But at least he is a "question mark". With Obama, the question mark is gone; he's now a known entity. And what's known about him indicates that he just can't cut the mustard.

Lets make some corrections to your perspective 1st.

Freddie and Fannie have created more household wealth since there inception than any other quasi-government agency in US history. Both were strong armed by Wall St. and the mortgage industry during the Greenspan/Bush housing bubble (your good economic example) to "get in the M.B.S/ratings 3 card Monty scam game" or be aced out of business. Business they need to extend better terms to lower qualified buyers. A model that had worked for over 50 years. That being said they didn't cause the housing collapse across Europe or the one now in Australia and Canada. Its a straw man argument.

Obama's idea are everywhere and had a Republicans in congress during the 1st 2 years allowed more to be done with out filibustering and just plain cooperating we would be in much better shape. Instead on day 1 of Obama's administration Mich McConnell stated plainly his intentions to make him a 1 term president. No minority leader in the history of the US had ever said that on day 1.

Obama ending the Iraq war.

Killed Bin laden

Ended medical bankruptcy.

Created the frame work for real reform in healthcare.

Appointed true leaders in the N.L.R.B. to safe gaurd and foster union growth.

Expanded clean energy projects. The US used to be only 5% of the market and production in the new generation of batteries and now are over 40%

Protected medicare and social security from the hands of Wall St. (see Paul Ryans budget)

and many more.

Open your eyes.

Last edited:

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
So let me get this right because I dont care for other people political views or what they so called side they stand on I am a problem

So because I am one party and drive is another I should go with drive , well I hate to tell you I don't go either way

I learned long time ago don't trust people with a lot of money or power and we are just pawns in their game of life and they will use you like a cheap hooker on Friday night

We are all just bit actors on this stage of life. Rich, poor, and everything in between. Being cynical is just a excuse to complain about everything and do nothing about it.

Grow up.

DS

Fenderbender
We are all just bit actors on this stage of life. Rich, poor, and everything in between. Being cynical is just a excuse to complain about everything and do nothing about it.
Grow up.
Thanks for not sharing that website this post.
Having another opinion is not being cynical.

jaker

trolling

Grow up.
What grow up and pick a side that either one doesn't care about me , but how big they can make their bank account

I don't complain about nothing when it comes to politics , I just bend over take it and keep grinding on with life

You need to just open your eyes and execpt the fact that these people don't care about us

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Thanks for not sharing that website this post.
Having another opinion is not being cynical.

My point wasn't about an expression of an opinion it was regarding a course of action as stated by the participant.

Know the difference.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
What grow up and pick a side that either one doesn't care about me , but how big they can make their bank account

I don't complain about nothing when it comes to politics , I just bend over take it and keep grinding on with life

You need to just open your eyes and execpt the fact that these people don't care about us

Nobody cares? Not true. Just because I, you, them, particular "need's" are not front and center of all things all the time doesn't mean "they" don't care. What matters is the direction of the ship not the placement of the deck chairs.

Know the difference.

cino321

Good idea, let's vote Mitt in, his VP Paul Ryan is a very vocal union buster. Sounds like a plan! Where can I contribute?

(this is post is intended to be sarcastic)

jaker

trolling
Nobody cares? Not true. Just because I, you, them, particular "need's" are not front and center of all things all the time doesn't mean "they" don't care. What matters is the direction of the ship not the placement of the deck chairs.

Know the difference.

yeah i been on that ship it keeps going in circles and thowing people off of it , when no one is left it will crash and open a bunch of people eyes

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
yeah i been on that ship it keeps going in circles and thowing people off of it , when no one is left it will crash and open a bunch of people eyes

History is replete with examples of what one person can do. Are you part of the solution or part of the problem? You decide. If you where in a foxhole and a grenade fell in between you and your fellow soldiers, would you save yourself, or throw yourself on top of it to save them?

Yes, one person can change the course of events

Just saying.

bluehdmc

The Teamsters actually endorsed Reagan or Bush 41 once. Hard to believe now.

The Teamsters endorsed Reagan. Reagan had an ad where he was the "good union man", president of the Screen Actors Guild, etc. While he was President of the SAG he went around to GE factories trying to talk to employees not to unionize. Then we all know what he did to the Air Traffic Controllers union.

upsgrunt

People are either part of the solution or part of the problem. Which one are you?

Until something changes money is politics. If you want politicians to vote for your interest as a working person then you need to support those entities and organizations that are making your voice heard on capitol hill. That's D.R.I.V.E.

Give all that you can.

Knowledge is everything...About DRIVE | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

That worked out real well when we tried to convince congress to reclassify FedEx. They sure did what the people wanted there, didn't they?

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
That worked out real well when we tried to convince congress to reclassify FedEx. They sure did what the people wanted there, didn't they?

All the votes where there. Its passage assured. Guess what senator from which state filibustered the transportation bill that would have reclassified FEDEX workers?

That's politics but you can't say it wasn't almost there.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yawn. I give drive 3 bucks a week. I give UW 10. Blow money. I think I'll sit out this election. I wouldn't mind voting Obama out but geez Rebublicans is this the best you can do? I feel bad for all the wasted money.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Obama saved the American auto industry as well as several key banks.
He was thrust into a far less than an ideal situation.
Be careful of voting for change just for the sake of change.
I'm not sure I am in line with either party's political doctrine, but I will damn sure be sure of the issues.
I think this country is ripe for a new political party.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Obama said he could. We just want him to be a man of his word.

Remember, cut the economy in half in my first term or else I'm a one term president? It's on tape and many times!!

That quote implies that he needs two terms to deliver.
Short sighted, maybe?
I say again, I wish I was Republican, I just don't make enough money.

PobreCarlos

Bubblehead;

Please don't claim that "Obama saved the American auto industry". I don't see that (if it's even true in any meaningful manner) as an accomplishment at all (nor the "saving" of the banks, either, although that ultimately proved to be far less expensive procedure). At the very best, he misappropriated OTHERS money; he most assuredly didn't do it using his own! The fact is that the efficient American auto industry was doing just fine; rather, it was only those burdened by the UAW that were having a hard time of it. And what ended up being "saved"? The companies themselves went bankrupt; i.e. - they ceased to exist. And ownership of their replacements fell to the government and the union....the very entities that had put the the industry in trouble to begin with! Meanwhile, in unprecedented fashion, those who had the most legitimate claims on the companies assets - the secured lenders - got the shaft. As did those PROFITABLE auto companies (and their employees) doing business in American who not only had to put up with the unwarranted, unfair "competition" of the "welfared" government entities, but found themselves SUBSIDIZING it as well.

In short, I consider the "saving" of the so-called "American auto industry" an absolute debacle....a debacle of highest proportions; it was simply a sell-out by a politician to a privileged labor group in order to obtain votes...and it cost the American taxpayer an unconscionable and unjustifiable amount of his wealth.

PobreCarlos

bmwmc;

Pray tell, where IS all that "household wealth" that Freddie and Fannie supposedly created? Personally, I'm not seeing it. In fact, what I see is "household DEBT" as people owe more on their houses than what they're worth.

As for all the other things you mentioned, do you REALLY believe that (1) Obama is primarily responsble for them, or (2) they're "good" to begin with? For example he appointed "true leaders" to the NLRB alright...under circumstances that are constitutionally questionable AT BEST! (and, of course, he's never received the required Congressional approval for those "appointments", and likely never will!) And he "ended medical bankruptcy"???? When? As far as I can tell, it's still going on. And "framework for real reform in healthcare"? Is that what you call making OTHER people pay for it, and making it more expensive to boot? As for "expanded clean energy projects, well "yes", he "expanded"institutions like Solyndra alright, and caused the taxpayers to subsidize each buyer of a "Goverment Motors" Volt to the tune of $7,500. Not sure if he'd want to brag about either one of those "accomplishments" though. As for "protect[ing] meidicare and social securityy from the hands of Wall St.", I'm not sure that expropriating it for your own devices, and making it less likely that citizens in the future will have access to it is a form of "protection".

Lastly, it terms of HIM "kill[ing] Bin Laden", I think there will be some literature coming out shortly - literature which Obama's representatives seem very desirous of being kept low-key - which might have something to say on that subject.

Anyway, I think my eyes are "open" enough...."open" at least to the extent that I recognize an individual who - no matter how personable - is qualified for the job, and has done virtually NOTHING positive for the country during his term of office. Will he be elected again? Quite possibly....and, if so, what we'll have to look forward to is four more years of the same.
Solyndra