Day After Thanksgiving

bumped

5 hours 10 minutes. How long did those of you that worked work?

Edit..It was suppose to be Thanksgiving

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Re: Day After Thansgiving

5 hours 10 minutes. How long did those of you that worked work?

8 hrs. even.
Many do not realize that this day like any other is subject to the contractual language regarding our 8 hr. guarantee.
At least this is the case in my region.
Spent much of the day posting on the Brown Cafe with my new smart phone, waiting for them to find something for me to do.
At double time for hours worked, why would anybody leave that gravy train without getting their 8.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I went in and worked six hours today, it was easy. I haven't done it in about nine or ten years, a chance at four days off is hard to pass up. I ran my area and the one next to mine. EDD made it a breeze to run the parts of the other route I didn't know so well.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Going in Sunday. Get time and a half for Sunday work (grandfathered under 2002 contract) and also time and a half Friday for 6th punch. :D

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I've come to a point in my career where a 4 day weekend with the family is more important to me than working, no matter how much it calculates too.

I GOT ONE MORE

I have come to a point in my career where money pays for the family.

Opportunities for extra bucks must be seized. Easiest day of the year.

BUT. to each your own.

Happy Thanksgiving

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I've come to a point in my career where a 4 day weekend with the family is more important to me than working, no matter how much it calculates too.

me too. Plus this was the first time I ever had enough seniority to actually get the day off.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
People see this day as a way to make some extra money. Usually the 9.5er's and the guys taking days off all the time are the ones that volunteer. There is extra money to be made each day. It's called overtime. I'll take the paid holiday.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
People see this day as a way to make some extra money. Usually the 9.5er's and the guys taking days off all the time are the ones that volunteer. There is extra money to be made each day. It's called overtime. I'll take the paid holiday.
This year, most of the volunteers in my center were the drivers who had their routes cut out on any given Monday or Thursday.....Come to think of it, None of the low seniority drivers had to work other than the air and cover(the borrowed from part time as needed)drivers