Dear Detroit Axel

Package Stick

"Send it."
Not Detroit Axel, but tonight we got a 266lb truck transmission. :censored2: those people.

Last week we also got a 250lb+ motor. I have never seen so much heavy :censored2:. It's not even marked right.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Not Detroit Axel, but tonight we got a 266lb truck transmission. :censored2: those people.

Last week we also got a 250lb+ motor. I have never seen so much heavy :censored2:. It's not even marked right.
Leave it under the belt and tell your sup that the customer needs to come pick that thing up at the center. 250 lbs is ridiculous. Especially since most customers just stand there and look at you while you're struggling to get it out of the back door and onto the hand truck.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I once saw a large gun safe come down the belt years ago while on preload. Took several guys to get it on the truck, per management direction. The driver wasn’t pleased. Can’t remember how much it weighed, but he said it was several hundred pounds.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I once saw a large gun safe come down the belt years ago while on preload. Took several guys to get it on the truck, per management direction. The driver wasn’t pleased. Can’t remember how much it weighed, but he said it was several hundred pounds.
Should have told management to shove it up their ass.

I picked up a package a few months ago. Seemed heavy as :censored2: but I’m getting older and weaker so I took it. About 30 min later I delivered to a veterinarian and put it on the scale. 195 lbs. Took it back and told the guy to call freight

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had an on call ground pickup one day. The customer offered to help me load a Chevy 350 long block engine on the back of my package car he was trying to send back for a core charge. It probably weighed 400-500 pounds, I refused to take it.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I had an on call ground pickup one day. The customer offered to help me load a Chevy 350 long block engine on the back of my package car he was trying to send back for a core charge. It probably weighed 400-500 pounds, I refused to take it.
I refuse to take stuff like that all the time. I tell them “ I’m small package , you need to call ups fright for that “

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

540FC089-FD1B-47C6-BA5A-3204E3C3D287.gif

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Also,any clearly freight item they try to put on my truck I tell dispatch in am if they load it on my truck I’m going to need union assistance with the delivery. 9 times out of ten I ever see the package again.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
We pick up from a place that does markers for the VA. It sucks and all that, but it sucks even more for the people getting them.
I ALWAYS tell people that ship something that is very “fragile “ or valued so much to them they need the arrows pointing up etc. : listen, we got kids making $12 an hour working in the middle of the night unloading these trucks , they are not going to be reading your labels , and it goes down multiple slides and automatic belts. These are my customers I see every damn day.