Deaths At Work: Truck Drivers Had Highest Number of Fatal Injuries Compared to Any Other Job

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Deaths At Work: Truck Drivers Had Highest Number of Fatal Injuries Compared to Any Other Job - Newsweek

Truck drivers and delivery workers had the highest number of workplace fatalities in 2016, more than any other occupation, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The report, released in December, found that 918 truck drivers and driver sales workers died on the job.

There were 5,190 fatal work injuries across all occupations and industries in 2016, a 7 percent increase from the year before and the highest number since 2008. The number of fatal injuries among truck drivers far exceeds the 260 fatalities for farmers and agricultural managers, the occupation with the next-highest number of fatal workplace injuries.

rickyb

driving is not safe at all. i hate it. used to like it a bit. especially hate how narrow the lanes are for big trucks and bridges. the government car insurance in my province is savage. i stay out of the left lane unless im turning left; trying to avoid head on collisions. never been in an accident; almost been in a few. i want to get bright headlights for my car.